Lady Bears looking nice in WNBA this week

7,420 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
LadyChickBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
O scored 26 with multiple 3 pointers in a loss (unfortunately) to the Sparks, but Lauren was doing quite well scoring and rebounding for the Sparks in an overtime game.

DeeDee ( a 3 pointer!!!) scored 7 and held Jewel Lloyd to 0 points in the 4th and helped the Liberty defeat the Storm (currently #1).

Making us proud!!!
Baylorkid
LadyChickBear said:

O scored 26 with multiple 3 pointers in a loss (unfortunately) to the Sparks, but Lauren was doing quite well scoring and rebounding for the Sparks in an overtime game.

DeeDee ( a 3 pointer!!!) scored 7 and held Jewel Lloyd to 0 points in the 4th and helped the Liberty defeat the Storm (currently #1).

Making us proud!!!

Didi made 2 3's today! If only she shot more 3's for us! Proud of the ladies in the WNBA
slimecap

Indiana was not on chart - they are #12 at 4-18
Task Force 2015
Wow that is really bad when you are dropped from the standings chart.
slimecap
LadyChickBear
slimecap said:

Lauren is also playing for the Sparks with Tea
Wichitabear
Griner is playing on TV right now. She is so big and doing a good job right now for Phoenix.
Wichitabear
Baylorkid said:

LadyChickBear said:

Making us proud!!!

Didi made 2 3's today! If only she shot more 3's for us! Proud of the ladies in the WNBA
she has become a better shooter.
WacoKelly83
Didi looks like a completely different player than she was at Baylor. She runs differently and is much more aggressive on offense. Still plays lock down d.

Gone are the power puffs. She has Dijonai hair. Beautiful young lady.
LadyChickBear
WacoKelly83 said:

Didi looks like a completely different player than she was at Baylor. She runs differently and is much more aggressive on offense. Still plays lock down d.

Gone are the power puffs. She has Dijonai hair. Beautiful young lady.
She had the puffs during the last game and played lights out scoring 3's. Love it!!!
WacoKelly83
Her last game was last night against Seattle. You can see her briefly in the highlights.
https://www.wnba.com/video/seattle-storm-vs-new-york-liberty-full-game-highlights-august-20-2021/
LadyChickBear
WacoKelly83 said:

Her last game was last night against Seattle. You can see her briefly in the highlights.
https://www.wnba.com/video/seattle-storm-vs-new-york-liberty-full-game-highlights-august-20-2021/
It must have been the game before this. She is playing today and has the golden locks.
Baylorkid
Didi is continuing her great play! Made 2 more 3's so far is playing great defense on Diana tuarasi
Baylorkid
She's 3-4 from 3's! She's the liberty's leading scorer so far
slimecap
LadyChickBear said:

She is playing today and has the golden locks.

Baylorkid
Brittney Griner is playing really well too with 14 points at the half and she dunked!
GarlandBear84
I watched some of the game on NBATV. Griner finished with 26/9/6 and DIDi with 14/3/1.
Baylorkid
They both played very well!
sicem45
It's a shame the previous staff wasn't serious about developing Didi into this type of player offensively instead of mostly a defender. Could have made a dramatic difference for our team.
Bear-Runner
sicem45 said:

It's a shame the previous staff wasn't serious about developing Didi into this type of player offensively instead of mostly a defender. Could have made a dramatic difference for our team.
That's why I'm so looking fwd to this season. I think there were SEVERAL players that were not used to their fullest ability last year. Some didn't get enough playing time, some were instructed NOT to do a lot of things and some just had too much talent for "someone" to know what to do with it. Didi is definitely proving my point at the next level and I guarantee you'll see it from several of our current players this season. As NC has said in previous interviews, she'll let the players "test the waters" in the beginning and then she'll make adjustments accordingly. Nice to know instead of going into another season seeing the same thing, same plays that everyone knew and reading players faces as the coach stresses "It's my way or the highway." The ball in the right player's hands last year at the right time could've lead to another Natty. But let's move forward. It WILL be this year.
slimecap
Baylorkid said:

Brittney Griner is playing really well
with 14 points at the half and she dunked!
blueeyedbear
Bear-Runner said:

sicem45 said:

That's why I'm so looking fwd to this season. I think there were SEVERAL players that were not used to their fullest ability last year. Some didn't get enough playing time, some were instructed NOT to do a lot of things and some just had too much talent for "someone" to know what to do with it. Didi is definitely proving my point at the next level and I guarantee you'll see it from several of our current players this season. As NC has said in previous interviews, she'll let the players "test the waters" in the beginning and then she'll make adjustments accordingly. Nice to know instead of going into another season seeing the same thing, same plays that everyone knew and reading players faces as the coach stresses "It's my way or the highway." The ball in the right player's hands last year at the right time could've lead to another Natty. But let's move forward. It WILL be this year.
AMEN
slimecap
BUatbirth
blueeyedbear said:

Bear-Runner said:

sicem45 said:

AMEN
DiDi said herself that she was way unprepared for the WNBA style of play. She also said that she can't understand why every college isn't running the pro offense,,,her words.
Mulder
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Eball
One side shows restraint one side does not....
WacoKelly83
According to the Baylor wbb stats history, Didi attempted just one 3 pointer in her entire college career. And she missed it.

In her last game she made 4 of 5 shots from 3.
baylor1984
Didi lost 8 games in 4 years at BU. The Liberty have lost 15 games this season and the season isn't over yet. That has to be tough to take after winning so much the previous 4 seasons.
IowaBear
8 games in 4 years the way some of these clowns talk you'd think she only won 8 games here in four years with the horrendous coaching she got.
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

8 games in 4 years the way some of these clowns talk you'd think she only won 8 games here in four years with the horrendous coaching she got.
The point is the style of play,,,

DiDi said herself that she was way unprepared for the WNBA style of play. She also said that she can't understand why every college isn't running the pro offense,,,her words.

Take it up with DiDi. Or is she a clown too?
IowaBear
Oh I'm sorry did Baylor's style of play not win the them how many straight B12 titles ? How many Natty? How many games? Every coach has a style of play they believe in. It sure as hell worked for the prior staff. I hope for yours and everyone else preaching this modern offense is the end all be all that we win nattys because if we don't a lot of you are going to look AWFULLY silly questioning the best coach Baylor athletics ever had. You all will find any and everything to ***** about when it comes to Mulkey
baylor1984
I got one style of play I like, it's called winning. Offense, Defense, inside out, 1 in 4 out , man, zone, box in 1 etc. I don't give a damn I just want to win. This program has done this at a very high level and hopefully we can do it as that same level or even greater level in the future. I've followed sports a very long time and I do know this that the previous coach was a winner. She won in HS, in College, in the Olympics, as an assistant and finally as a HC. Winning is hard to do and can easily be taken for granted. You can talk about all the concepts, themes, plays, diagrams, etc. that you want but the bottom line is to win and WBB at BU has done that at a high level for a long time now. Let's all hope that CNC is up to the task because it's a very tall one that's been set here at BU.
SSadler
It was/is not KMulkey's responsibily to get her players "ready" for WNBA==that's a sidebar priority.

Nor is it Cullen's.

Nor is it SDrew's primary responsibility to get his guys "ready" for NBA==again, a sidebar goal.

What Mulkey/Cullen/Drew are responsible for is the ultimate goal of NCAA championships--recruit, challenge, coach within Baylor's mission statement--whatever is within the rules--the one ultimate trophy is the goal.

Everthing else is sidebar.
IowaBear
Bingo^ hammer meet nail. And for the record I'm pulling hard for CNC. Baylor's a winner and I want her to continue that for years to come
TechDawgMc
So much for restraint.

If all of you would just shut up about the Mulkey stuff this would be a much better board.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.