Lady Bears looking nice in WNBA this week

7,511 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent point, another thread that was chugging along just fine until the usual posters had to insert their Mulkey jabs. Should have just let them ramble on and not taken the bait oh well. At some point will get threads without Kim bashing.
BUatbirth
So, I'm quoting DiDi, and that's a Mulkey jab?
IowaBear
Why are you so sure I'm referencing you? Isn't it pretty obvious who I'm talking about? Also if the shoes fit I suppose wear it
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

Why are you so sure I'm referencing you? Isn't it pretty obvious who I'm talking about? Also if the shoes fit I suppose wear it
Not if you make blanket statements responding to no one. If the shoe fits? Seriously? Again, how is quoting
DiDi a post worthy of your "if the shoe fits" comment? Don't be a tool
Bear-Runner

I'll just leave this here.... ;o)

I thank KM for all the Nattys and Conference championships, but... She knew it was time to dip out. (Like Muffet McGraw knew as well. Vic Schaefer as well. He thought he could use the same concept that he had at Mississippi St.with Charlie Collier that he used with Teara McCowan. We see how that worked out.) Same with us last year. Can't run plays like you did for Kalani and Lauren (TRUE POST PLAYERS) for Queen and Smith. (MORE ATHLETIC HYBRID POST PLAYERS). Not bashing KM at all, but her style of play was becoming predictable. When half way decent teams start beating you consistently (Iowa St.) you have to make changes. And of course, talent plays a BIG part in success. I'm sure if Sheri Coale or even Karen Aston had the teams we had/have they would've been winning as well. AGAIN.. not bashing (For all the KM defenders)... just stating facts. Of course ALL of us will be watching LSU games to see if the success carries over, and it will take time, but we will see the same game concept and plays with different results. Looking fwd to NC's uptempo style of play.
sicem45
Kim isn't winning a national title again, much less making another final four. At least unless she changes as a coach and the way she teaches offensively. I think its no secret her teams offensive predictability overall has been their downfall in later tournament games.
Baylorkid
sicem45 said:

Kim isn't winning a national title again, much less making another final four. At least unless she changes as a coach and the way she teaches offensively. I think its no secret her teams offensive predictability overall has been their downfall in later tournament games.

Okay! Kim's resume speaks for itself! She'll be fine at LSU! Jeez can people stop talking bad about kim
LadyChickBear
GarlandBear84 said:

I watched some of the game on NBATV. Griner finished with 26/9/6 and DIDi with 14/3/1.
Brittney was the West's Player of the Week
LadyChickBear
baylor1984 said:

Didi lost 8 games in 4 years at BU. The Liberty have lost 15 games this season and the season isn't over yet. That has to be tough to take after winning so much the previous 4 seasons.
They are very young.
LadyChickBear
Baylorkid said:

sicem45 said:

Okay! Kim's resume speaks for itself! She'll be fine at LSU! Jeez can people stop talking bad about kim
I am going to get blasted for this, but I do think the "staff" should have worked more on helping students develop better shooting. Nina Davis might have had a better chance and it isn't our coaches responsible for preparing them for the WNBA, but many of our girls want that and college is supposed to prepare you for a career....??? This is just a tough one. I have backed Kim Mulkey for twenty years and we have been very blessed, but I do think Dee Dee and some of the other girls needed a little more help offensively. Jordon Madden was a heck of a defensive player, but we could have used offense from her as well, and I remember Stanford decided not to even guard her when we played them. I credit Kim and Bill Brock with all of our wins and the reputation of the program. I guess I don't think everything was/is beyond criticism. And I was devastated when Kim left, but I think Nikki is going to show us something exciting and hopefully, she will be able to get the recruiting going. Our girls deserve our support and so does she.
Dcheetah

Nice Didi pic bottom right!
Dcheetah
T'ea and a fan!

Dcheetah

Baylorkid
It was nice to see Lauren have a breakout game!
ScottS
Bump
slimecap

Brittney will play today
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Dp
Dcheetah
Nm
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

With Nalyssa and Sarah
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Check #s 1,9

Bone Squad
I'm surprised not to see Skyler Diggins on that list.
GarlandBear84
I'm shocked that Cooper leads especially so dramatically. She and DiDi and maybe others don't correlate much with production on the court.
BUVA
Nice article about Te'a supporting her little brother in the NBA.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2021/9/26/22694730/sharife-cooper-tea-atlanta-hawks-wnba-nba-siblings-debut
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/GQSports/status/1449142988500832257?t=jNk4OZrd3NDSIDqyePd2jg&s=19
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.