WNBA game 3

1,275 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by IowaBear
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BG had that glazed look in her eye that we sometimes saw during the big games when she was totally absent mentally. The whole team was on the wrong page, and DT is way too old to hang defensively. Beat down I did not see coming. BG better get some help from her team. Phoenix needs another big badly to contribute as BG can't cover both the center and the power forward at the same time.
IowaBear
Turner is on the WNBA All Defensive team…. She's their other big
fredbear
Turner is part of the problem. She hustles, but cannot shoot away from the basket and is way too small (no weight) to control strong power forwards. Wilson played thru her easily, and Parker is just too much for her. Vaughn bigger, but too slow and poor shooter. Need a Parker, Wilson, like player. Strong, mobile and shoot from anywhere.
IowaBear
Yeah because Candace Parker and Aja Wilson's just grow on trees. Again Turner isn't a scorer but she's elite and defending and rebounding. You don't get first team allWNbA by sucking ass at defending
fredbear
She certainly is good at disrupting plays, but just too small and too poor a shooter to take on elite talent. When you get to the WNBA finals deficiencies become apparent that are glossed over against average talent. She was not even effective cutting to the basket-her one way to score-last night. If she even made a point, I don't remember it. BG can't cover bother her player and Turner's which is what she is having to do because Turner is undersized. Formula for failure.
fredbear
Ok. I checked box score. Turner zero points, Parker 13. That differential will kill us. Phoenix needs to shed DT and get a Wilson-like power forward.
IowaBear
You must have glossed right over the relentless penetration the Sky guards are getting. All 3 guards for Chicago got Into the lane whenever they wanted against whoever was guarding then. Lots of reasons why Mercury got embarrassed last night and Turners pretty far down on that list.
IowaBear
Again Aja Wilson's don't grow on trees by any stretch shes a top 3 player in the league. Comparing Parker's points to Turners lack of points as the main reason they lost in a 36 point shellacking is hilarious.
fredbear
We will agree to disagree on Turner. But zero points when two players (the power forward and center) are both covering BG is pretty telling. But I do know of two players available next year who are both stronger and able to shoot. N Smith and Queen! And I hope Turner plays effectively, stops Parker and scores 12 points in the next game. When she does I will happily eat crow for you. We are pulling for the same team here. Turner is fortunate to have an advocate like you. I've just seen her inept performance throughout the tournament. There is a hole in the bucket.
IowaBear
That's fine but you're picking an choosing who to blame and your choosing the wrong person. Copper outscored the Phoenix starting back court by herself….. also since when did Queen become this dominant force who has unlimited range your wanting at the 4? Smith sure but Queen?! Take off the green goggles
IowaBear
Turner is fortunate to have an advocate like me? LOL WHAT??? If she's fortunate to have someone pointing out the flaws in your logic then yes I suppose she is fortunate. She's an elite defender and rebounder. You take her off the court your going to out rebounded at will. And you don't take an elite defender of the floor. Thank god you aren't coaching the Mercury. There's more to basketball then just scoring points
fredbear
Reportedly, Queen is developing even a three. We shall see. Turner is a fighter to be sure, hope she exceeds my expectations in the next game. Have a great day In Iowa and sic em in football today.
fredbear
Did not mean to anger you.
IowaBear
Your not angering me, it's nice discussing thoughts with someone who when disagreeing doesn't call the other person and idiots or some other name
IowaBear
But hey enjoy the game today Fred, looks like a gorgeous day is ahead on the Brazos!! 6-1 will sound awfully good at 5:30!!
fredbear
On a funny note, either you or I could have coached the Mercury last night and lost by less. The water boy could have lost by less. Coach made no adjustments, had no ideas. Historic run away. Or if she had any, the team had no buy in. Just a bad night. And yes Copper was in the zone.
IowaBear
Think I read somewhere it was the largest defeat in finals history. Pretty big beat down last night. Sundays game 4 will be telling. Either they'll come out already defeated or will see a dogfight like game 2
geewago
What a conversation. I wanted to contribute but i couldn't get a word in edgewise.
IowaBear
You're knowledgeable, give us your thoughts. Would love to hear them
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.