2022 Kyla Abraham

6,060 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our 1st CNC recruit deserves her own thread. Welcome Kyla!! She can do great things here!

https://twitter.com/MiamiSuns/status/1449920083007053828?t=UqeFnsmobzF3mqmndcB0Pw&s=19

https://twitter.com/ShaneLaflin/status/1388854304979759106?t=h0pKosnsGBPzR3uG92Xw0g&s=19

https://twitter.com/dgilbert021/status/1150765596159684608?t=Yc3N4J-gEtmju4t0chTAvw&s=19
Max Quad
Fantastic!
Wbbfan29
Love it !! Congrats CNC and Staff on the hard work.
bearmission8
Here we go SicEm
CNC and the Bears are starting to do their magic now. This is before any B-ball have even been played yet . Imagine what kind of interest Baylor will get after the Bears roll out their new system and kick some tails on court
“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23
Baylor University Class of 93-94
Eball
Good solid pickup. Hoping for more to follow ! November signing day is just around the corner.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
The future is bright! Great get.
slimecap
Kyla Abraham
Forward/Center 6-5 Choctawhachee HS Fort Walton Beach FL
#61 HoopGurlz up from Sep 3 #74
#90 ASGR Oct 14
Reported offers include
.. BIG 12 Baylor, Oklahoma & West Virginia
.. ACC Georgia Tech, UMiami FL & Virginia Tech
.. SEC Auburn & Mississippi State
.. also Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston & UCF
Reported unofficial visits
Jul 01 UMiami FL
Aug 06 Baylor
Top 5 list released Sep 1
BIG 12 Baylor & Oklahoma
ACC Georgia Tech & UMiami FL
SEC Mississippi State
Reported campus visit
Sep 25 Oklahoma
Reported verbal commitment
Oct 17 Abraham commits to Baylor
BUatbirth
Great news!

HepCat
Welcome Kyla!!!!! I know you will love your time at Baylor.
Bearprof
Great news! I'm curious re: her strengths and weaknesses. I could only find a very short clip of her playing defense and she seemed to be able to move well for her size. Thanks in advance!

fredbear
So excited to see her develop and play. We are fortunate to have her join the Baylor family.
Adriacus Peratuun
An important side note to consider…..

this commitment also gets Baylor's foot in the door at an important AAU program that annually produces quality talent. for Baylor to be a National Top 5 program annually [not simply hit a Final Four every few years], it is important to expand the recruiting base from Texas/Louisiana to include women's basketball hotbeds like Miami, Atlanta, LA, etc.
blueeyedbear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

this commitment also gets Baylor's foot in the door at an important AAU program that annually produces quality talent. for Baylor to be a National Top 5 program annually [not simply hit a Final Four every few years], it is important to expand the recruiting base from Texas/Louisiana to include women's basketball hotbeds like Miami, Atlanta, LA, etc.
Its coming !! Slow but its coming. This is a big get. Congrats CNC and Staff !@!!
Wbbfan29
I agree, we haven't had a player from Florida in a while. I believe Beatrice was the last one.
setshot
I can't wait to see what this staff can do to develop this young woman. She looks to me to be a taller version of Queen Egbo. She has a very athletic body and in the brief clip that was included she runs the floor more like a wing forward than an interior player. I must say, this is the kind of player the newer version of the women's game features and it indicates to me that Coach Collen and her staff have a plan for this program going forward. I think that there are more to come.
Oldgrizzly
Fantastic get!!!
BUbackerinET
bearmission8 said:

Here we go SicEm
CNC and the Bears are starting to do their magic now. This is before any B-ball have even been played yet . Imagine what kind of interest Baylor will get after the Bears roll out their new system and kick some tails on court

Let's just keep 'em coming!
EasyE
Adriacus Peratuun said:

But they did expand to Florida (Mompremier, Wright, etc) and Louisiana (though that will be tougher now). Hopefully they will maintain a presence and be able to get some success in Georgia.
Dr. J
Welcome Kyla (and family) to the Baylor Family ! We are excited for your commitment to BU, best fans around!!
Wbbfan29
Are you referring to Imani Wright? She was from Texas.
geewago
Wbbfan29 said:

You are Wright. Small and Prince came from Florida.
DanaDane
I'm excited with this signing. Bigs are not easy to find and this young lady seems like she has a lot of skills, albeit some maybe raw. Can't wait to see Collen and her staff develop her over the next few years.
Scout Bear
Step in the right direction. Good work Coach Collen! 6-5 and can run the floor.

The rebuild has begun.
Adriacus Peratuun
EasyE said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

But they did expand to Florida (Mompremier, Wright, etc) and Louisiana (though that will be tougher now). Hopefully they will maintain a presence and be able to get some success in Georgia.
Not really. Baylor made a AC hire that came with an existing relationship which lead to a small window of recruits from Florida [Mompremier, Prince, Small, Niya Johnson] and one from Atlanta [Cave]. That window closed quickly.

There is a big difference between a methodical staff effort to build long term relationships with key AAU programs and the short term benefits of a new hire.

Most of the top programs are locked into 12-15 top AAU programs [Taurasi program and Kobe Bryant program in LA, Boo Williams in Atlanta, etc.]. Texas features Team Lex, ProSkills, SA Finest, CyFair Elite, etc. This past Summer the new staff started the relationship building [and repair] with numerous programs. It is a process and takes time.
EasyE
Wbbfan29 said:

Yes, thank you, I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly. It was Small.
Wbbfan29
Yea I think we had a few from Florida. Small Prince, Beatrice, Johnson.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bearprof said:

Great news! I'm curious re: her strengths and weaknesses. I could only find a very short clip of her playing defense and she seemed to be able to move well for her size. Thanks in advance!

Just posted an interview with an assistant to her AAU team.
LitigiOSO
Brian Ethridge said:

Bearprof said:

Just posted an interview with an assistant to her AAU team.

Great interview, Brian. Thanks!
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
Dcheetah
Brian,
Did you ever post your interview with Kyla?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Brian,
Did you ever post your interview with Kyla?
No, real life got in the way for three days. It is 80% transcribed and then I will proof it again.
Chibears2
People DO appreciate your efforts. Promise! Looking forward to interview!
Dcheetah
Thank you!
setshot
Two of your many virtues, Brian. You say a lot in a very few words, and you let your guests do the work in your interviews. I look forward to seeing the Kyla Abraham interview and your summary impressions about this signing.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
setshot said:

Two of your many virtues, Brian. You say a lot in a very few words, and you let your guests do the work in your interviews. I look forward to seeing the Kyla Abraham interview and your summary impressions about this signing.
1. She's great.
2. She's a fun interview
3. Life sucks sometimes when you need to get these done
4. You'll love her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.