Recruiting and Fan Attendance

1,147 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by canoso
Dr. J
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably more a message then a post needing a lot of response is regarding how fan attendance affects recruiting. I know there are a few that are still fans of the LSU WBB HC more then BU fans but, a change was made and this change is for the long term better of the program.

One thing that recruits notice when they come to BU on official and unofficial visits during the season is the fan base. How many fans are in the stands watching games is just as important as coaching, campus, and facilities.

BU has one of the best fan bases in the NCAA for WBB. You know the others. Other programs making some noise right now (Arizona, Arkansas) don't have as strong a fan base or attendance to games as BU. I am hoping that those of you on the fence regarding tickets or attendance for the upcoming year will stay loyal fans of BU WBB and attend as many games as you can to show those perspective recruits that when they come to BU, they are going to play in front of some of the best and loudest fans around. I know I will be attending as many games as I can. It will make a difference for the women playing now and for our recruiting.
canoso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. J said:

Probably more a message then a post needing a lot of response is regarding how fan attendance affects recruiting. I know there are a few that are still fans of the LSU WBB HC more then BU fans but, a change was made and this change is for the long term better of the program.

One thing that recruits notice when they come to BU on official and unofficial visits during the season is the fan base. How many fans are in the stands watching games is just as important as coaching, campus, and facilities.

BU has one of the best fan bases in the NCAA for WBB. You know the others. Other programs making some noise right now (Arizona, Arkansas) don't have as strong a fan base or attendance to games as BU. I am hoping that those of you on the fence regarding tickets or attendance for the upcoming year will stay loyal fans of BU WBB and attend as many games as you can to show those perspective recruits that when they come to BU, they are going to play in front of some of the best and loudest fans around. I know I will be attending as many games as I can. It will make a difference for the women playing now and for our recruiting.
Have been wondering for some time now if our less-than-stellar show-up rate at McLane could have a detrimental effect on FB recruiting. Seems like top players in any sport want to do their thing in front of a packed, or nearly packed, house.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.