Baseball
Sponsored by

I'm a huge Tennessee Tech fan

2,838 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love the Golden Eagles, who's with me?

BUletters
Yeah, looking good after 5.
MrGolfguy
LOL at the horns. Compare the athletic budgets, facilities, enrollment, tradition at these 2 schools (not to mention UT is playing at home), this game is a total mismatch in the horns favor.
BUletters
TnTech missing too many chances.
BUletters
Good! 5-4 for Tn Tech
BUBBFAN
MrGolfguy said:

LOL at the horns. Compare the athletic budgets, facilities, enrollment, tradition at these 2 schools (not to mention UT is playing at home), this game is a total mismatch in the horns favor.
Not so much.
gobears.
Go tenn tech.
MrGolfguy
Um yeah, total mismatch

LOL at Texas for losing
EvilTroyAndAbed
MrGolfguy said:

College baseball has constantly had strong programs in small budget schools. Heck, Coastal Carolina won the WS two years ago. Fullerton and Lomg Beach State are almost always strong. Stetson was a No. 1 seed this year. Dallas Baptist.... You can build a baseball program pretty much anywhere.

Go Tenn. Tech.
MrGolfguy
Texas has 50,000+ students, with a $3.6 billion endowment. They play in a 6,700 seat stadium, have well over 100 wins in NCAA regional play, 35 CWS appearances with 6 National Championships.

Tennessee Tech has 10,000 students, with a $66 million endowment. They play in an 1,100 seat park and have played in only 14 NCAA regional games all time (4-10 record). TTU was only elevated to University status in 1965.

A bigger mismatch this could not be.
MrGolfguy
The underdog horns somehow managed to scrape out a hard fought 4-2 win today over the mighty Golden Eagles of Tennessee Tech; they force a game 3 tomorrow.
Midnight Rider
As much as I have disliked losing to the University of Texas all these years, and much as I admire the effort of Tennessee Tech, there's something to be said for wanting to have a team from the Big 12 in the CWS.
txrangers
Tenn Tech was a good story. Wish they had won and sent the Whorns home. I don't mind rooting for Tech but on't root for UT. Oh what a different series it would have been had they not pitched to that cocky Clemons.
MrGolfguy
I guess all the money and all the arrogance can get you places.

EvilTroyAndAbed
Midnight Rider said:

As much as I have disliked losing to the University of Texas all these years, and much as I admire the effort of Tennessee Tech, there's something to be said for wanting to have a team from the Big 12 in the CWS.
We do. Texas Tech.
whitetrash
CWS will have:

3 secsecsec
2 big12
2 pac12
1 ACC

Cinderella's need not apply this year.
txrangers
Washington is an easy team to root for. First CWS appearance. Also WILL BE EASY to root for Tech. Have to appreciate what Tadlock has done in Lubbock.
AustinCory
txrangers said:

Also won't be hard to not root for Tech. Have to appreciate what Tadlock has done in Lubbock.

Your first sentence is anti-Tech. Your second sentence is pro-Tech.

Perhaps you meant "Also won't be hard to root for Tech" ?
Wichitabear
He is a good player though
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.