Baseball
Sponsored by

The Rangers sweep the Astros in Houston!!!

3,274 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MrGolfguy
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An event so huge it deserves its own thread.

Who knew one could have so much fun watching baseball; absolutely awesome series to watch.
MrGolfguy
MrGolfguy
Up to date Silver Boot results all-time (2001-2018):

Series won - Rangers lead 12 to 6

Games won - Rangers lead 109 to 77

Runs scored - Rangers lead 963 to 807
MrGolfguy
2018 has been so bad, this is literally the best thing that has happened all year.

It's all we have!
Wichitabear
Yes and it is glorious!!!
KOKQB70
GG, 2 of my friends/clients here n S.A. took families to games Fri. and Sat., sent me great pic, can't wait to see this week and hear their stories, go Rangers.
Texasjeremy
SILVER BOOT SERIES

2018 - Astros 12 Rangers 7
2017 - Astros 12 Rangers 7
2016 - Rangers 15 Astros 4
2015 - Rangers 13 Astros 6
2014 - Astros 11 Rangers 8
2013 - Rangers 17 Astros 2
2012 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2011 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2010 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2009 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2008 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
2007 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2006 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2005 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2004 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
2003 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2002 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2001 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
AustinCory
The Rangers kicked the Astros ass this weekend. I was there Saturday, and it was an embarrassing display of bad defense, baserunning, hitting, and mental errors by the Astros. On the other side, the Rangers deserved the wins because they played 1st place baseball. Great decisions, hustle, and taking advantage of Houston mistakes.

I'm happy for the Rangers fans on this board. It shows just how close these teams are. Definitely reason to be optimistic for the future.
MrGolfguy
Saturday was epic. The Double A call up out-dueling Verlander, Odor with a stat line that had not been seen since 1951, and his majestic inside the park homer off of Verlander. Yeah, i think that qualifies as "doing something".
JusHappy2BeHere
wooo hooo

one is the defending World Series Champion who is 30 over .500 and the other dead ass last and 20 under .500

crack the champagne
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
JusHappy2BeHere
Texasjeremy said:

SILVER BOOT SERIES

2018 - Astros 12 Rangers 7
2017 - Astros 12 Rangers 7
2016 - Rangers 15 Astros 4
2015 - Rangers 13 Astros 6
2014 - Astros 11 Rangers 8
2013 - Rangers 17 Astros 2
2012 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2011 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2010 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2009 - Rangers 5 Astros 1
2008 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
2007 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2006 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2005 - Rangers 4 Astros 2
2004 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
2003 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2002 - Astros 4 Rangers 2
2001 - Rangers 3 Astros 3 (Rangers win tiebreaker)
so in 5 years we'll be even.... oh, but we are World Series Champions

I'll take that over the boot all day every day

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
MrGolfguy
12 - 6 = 6 not 5

That ring looks cheap and plastic; is it the one they gave away as a promotion? I'd rather have a Jose Cruz bobblehead.
AustinCory
MrGolfguy said:

That ring looks cheap and plastic; is it the one they gave away as a promotion? I'd rather have a Jose Cruz bobblehead.
On the contrary, those rings were actually really well done. They have some weight to them, and feel like a large Baylor ring. I was impressed when I tried on the one I got. I was expecting some Chuck e Cheese crap job. But instead what Astros fans got was the best giveaway I've ever seen at a sporting event.

I wore it to work the next day, and it was a great conversation piece, as it's not exactly inconspicuous.

There's a reason the originally planned 10,000 ring giveway was multiplied 13 times over. It's just that good.
JusHappy2BeHere
ValpoCory said:

MrGolfguy said:

On the contrary, those rings were actually really well done. They have some weight to them, and feel like a large Baylor ring. I was impressed when I tried the one I got on. I was expecting some Chuck e Cheese crap job. But instead what Astros fans got was the best giveaway I've ever seen at a sporting event.
agree.... it's metal and heavy as *****...

but your envy is noted and it's wonderful

Mahatma Gandhi
MrGolfguy
Envy? You H-town boys are totally to riled up about this harmless thread. I know it must be hard to accept the fact that 3 of your future Hall of Fame pitchers got roughed up at home by the Rangers Triple & Double A scrubs but as i noted earlier, this is the best thing to happen to our boys this year. I guess it went over your heads that saying that is giving your team a huge compliment.

It was cool that there were 42,000+ in attendance every game to witness the Rangers dominance
JusHappy2BeHere
MrGolfguy said:

Envy? You H-town boys are totally to riled up about this harmless thread. I know it must be hard to accept the fact that 3 of your future Hall of Fame pitchers got roughed up at home by the Rangers Triple & Double A scrubs but as i noted earlier, this is the best thing to happen to our boys this year. I guess it went over your heads that saying that is giving your team a huge compliment.

It was cool that there were 42,000+ in attendance every game to witness the Rangers dominance
too

Mahatma Gandhi
Dia del DougO
Still watching nearly every Rangers game. It's nice to have something to cheer about this late in the season.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
AustinCory
Anyone else hear Luis Severino won't be picking up a baseball for 5-7 days and is being placed on the 15-day DL?

MrGolfguy
Who? What does he have to do with the Rangers dominating the Astros in Houston?
AustinCory
MrGolfguy said:

Who? What does he have to do with the Rangers dominating the Astros in Houston?
Well, nothing. It just made the rounds against last night. It gets quoted every now and then to see which teams broadcasters know there is no such thing as the 15-day DL anymore. Good old Dave Raymond.

MrGolfguy
Looks like the Rangers started a trend

Seattle followed the Rangers in sweeping 4 games in H-town
MrGolfguy
No game tonight but we'll always have these great memories to re-live

MrGolfguy

Oops
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.