Baseball
Sponsored by

Worst Trades and FA Signings

2,521 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoldMind
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kinsler for Fielder tops my list.

Pujols passing on 210 mil from a perennial WS contender to go play for the Angels still galls me.

How bout Mark McGwire for 3 ****ty pitchers?

What u got?
TechDawgMc
Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson

Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi (granted Ryan hadn't done anything yet)

Who was involved in the fire sale the Marlins had after they won their first World Series? They traded away all their stars for nothing. Seems like they kind of did it again after the 2nd championship.
GoldMind
TechDawgMc said:

Who was involved in the fire sale the Marlins had after they won their first World Series? They traded away all their stars for nothing. Seems like they kind of did it again after the 2nd championship.

They did both times, pretty much.

The Expos trading Pedro to Boston was another pitiful one. They also traded Randy Johnson to Seattle.
AustinCory
Detroit trading Justin Freaking Verlander to the Astros for ... <crickets> ... I have no idea.
AustinCory
How the Blue Jays traded away an accused domestic abuser and still somehow lost the trade, goes to show just how bad Ken Giles has become.
GoldMind
ValpoCory said:

Detroit trading Justin Freaking Verlander to the Astros for ... <crickets> ... I have no idea.

Seconds before the waiver trade deadline on August 31, the Tigers sent Verlander to the Houston Astros for prospects Franklin Prez, Jake Rogers, and Daz Cameron

LoL
AustinCory
GoldMind said:

ValpoCory said:

Seconds before the waiver trade deadline on August 31, the Tigers sent Verlander to the Houston Astros for prospects Franklin Prez, Jake Rogers, and Daz Cameron

LoL

Frankline Perez was the key piece in that trade, but he regressed this year.

Quote:

Tigers prospect right-hander Franklin Perez has been shut down for the remainder of the season due to capsular inflammation in his pitching shoulder.

This completes a frustrating year for Perez, who was a key piece in the Justin Verlander trade with the Astros. The 20-year-old got a late start on the season due to a lat strain and ended up throwing just 19 1/3 innings between rookie ball and High-A this year while posting a 6.52 ERA. The Tigers are saying that the shutdown is a "precautionary measure to work on stability and strength," but this is a lost year for him. He'll hope for better luck on the health front in 2019. Jul 31 - 8:48 AM

Daz Cameron has some promise though. Doing well at AA for them. Jake Rogers regressed, but he's a Catcher, so who knows.
TechDawgMc
GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

The Expos trading Pedro to Boston was another pitiful one. They also traded Randy Johnson to Seattle.
When the Marlins started, I tried to be a fan. I'm from Florida and didn't have any interest in a national league team, so thought I'd pick the Marlins. When they won the Series it was kind of cool. When they then dumped their players just to save money, I got annoyed. When they did it again, I quit.
GoldMind
TechDawgMc said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

When the Marlins started, I tried to be a fan. I'm from Florida and didn't have any interest in a national league team, so thought I'd pick the Marlins. When they won the Series it was kind of cool. When they then dumped their players just to save money, I got annoyed. When they did it again, I quit.

Quitters never win.
AustinCory
GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

Quitters never win.
3 times. Quitters never win, 3 times.
GoldMind
ValpoCory said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

Quitters never win.

Wut
AustinCory
GoldMind said:

ValpoCory said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

Quitters never win.

Wut
You know, quitters can win in 1997, and then again in 2003, but not 3 times. Quitters never win, 3 times.
GoldMind
ValpoCory said:

GoldMind said:

ValpoCory said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

GoldMind said:

TechDawgMc said:

Quitters never win.

Wut
You know, quitters can win in 1997, and then again in 2003, but not 3 times. Quitters never win, 3 times.

Ok
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.