Baseball
Sponsored by

Two Tie Breaker Games Monday

2,319 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoldMind
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Playoffs
william
go max go!

- KKM

william
wait for your pitch.
GoldMind
Go Cerveceros!!
Go Rockies!!!
GoldMind
Brewers win the NL Central

Go Rockies
Mitch Blood Green
GoldMind said:

Go Rockies

Life sucks. They are zombies. Would not die.
GoldMind
tommie said:

GoldMind said:

Go Rockies

Life sucks. They are zombies. Would not die.

That's Ok. Still get a shot.
BluesBear
These #163 games are stupid. You award divisional titles to the head-to-head winners.
GoldMind
TrustTheProcess said:

These #163 games are stupid. You award divisional titles to the head-to-head winners.

I don't know how else you'd determine, unless you just awarded the championship to the h2h series winner of the 2 teams.
GoldMind
Fuuck the life out of ESPN

Sucking off Lester and barely mentioning Freeland.

Both have pitched excellent thus far
303Bear
GoldMind said:

It was clear pretty quickly during the broadcast who ESPN wanted to win.

That being said, GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will enjoy the playoffs immensely this year, unless and until the Rockies and Astros meet in the World Series, then I will have to disappoint my family and root for my home team.
GoldMind
303Bear said:

GoldMind said:

Will enjoy the playoffs immensely this year, unless and until the Rockies and Astros meet in the World Series, then I will have to disappoint my family and root for my home team.

I'd love to see the Rockies win one. Just not at our expense lol.
303Bear
GoldMind said:

303Bear said:

GoldMind said:

I was born and raised in Denver. First sporting event of any kind was the Rockies July 4th fireworks game when I was 4 when the Rockies still played at the old Mile High Stadium. I have been a Rockies fan my whole life and lived with a lot of disappointment, but I remember 2007s Rocktober with fondness (other than the World Series, which was a terrible series, not only because the Rockies got swept, it was just not memorable).

My first summer in Houston was 2013, the rock bottom year. I was interning for no pay during a summer of law school, subletting a quadplex on the hood side of 288 near the Museum District that had no tv. I was broke and wasn't married yet, so most nights I listened to to the Astros get beat on an old AM radio while a cooked and ate dinner. It was just about perfect and I feel in love with the team, despite the awfulness at the time.

It pains me, but I hope one or the other loses before the World Series, because it might kill me if they play each other.
GoldMind
303Bear said:

GoldMind said:

303Bear said:

GoldMind said:

I was born and raised in Denver. First sporting event of any kind was the Rockies July 4th fireworks game when I was 4 when the Rockies still played at the old Mile High Stadium. I have been a Rockies fan my whole life and lived with a lot of disappointment, but I remember 2007s Rocktober with fondness (other than the World Series, which was a terrible series, not only because the Rockies got swept, it was just not memorable).

My first summer in Houston was 2013, the rock bottom year. I was interning for no pay during a summer of law school, subletting a quadplex on the hood side of 288 near the Museum District that had no tv. I was broke and wasn't married yet, so most nights I listened to to the Astros get beat on an old AM radio while a cooked and ate dinner. It was just about perfect and I feel in love with the team, despite the awfulness at the time.

It pains me, but I hope one or the other loses before the World Series, because it might kill me if they play each other.

Silly. You'd "win" either way.
El Oso
Not true.

I grew up a Cards fan. Moved to Texas when I was 7 so I had an AL team and my birds.

In 2011, I thought I'd be happy no matter who won.

Enter Game 6. The Cards looked dead. They were dead. And I was deeply bummed.

Then they won. And I was elated. And according to all my Texas friends, a giant *******.

You can't win either way. Everybody has a team. Sometimes you find that out the hard way.
GoldMind
El Oso said:

Not true.

I grew up a Cards fan. Moved to Texas when I was 7 so I had an AL team and my birds.

In 2011, I thought I'd be happy no matter who won.

Enter Game 6. The Cards looked dead. They were dead. And I was deeply bummed.

Then they won. And I was elated. And according to all my Texas friends, a giant *******.

You can't win either way. Everybody has a team. Sometimes you find that out the hard way.

Uhhh. Sure.

Ftr, I think that fly ball was the biggest heartbreak I've ever suffered as a sports fan. Ever. Still hate Nelson Cruz lazy ass.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.