Baseball
Sponsored by

Must Watch

851 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jdrs
bunation
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did y'all watch Baylor's Coaches Show?...the recent one featuring Coach Rodriguez & Coach Mulkey?

I didn't realize that our baseball coach has such a quick-wit! Very sharp, very funny. His personality is infectious. (Plays ping pong w CMR. Has relationships w several celebrities.)

Considering his adeptness as an outstanding manager & his affable, unpretentious personality, it's no wonder he is already bringing us great players & compelling, competitive baseball.

As you probably know, toward last season's end, he & our guys put together an amazing stretch of 15 wins in 16 games, including series sweeps of tcu & KSU, enroute to securing Baylor's FIRST-EVER baseball conference tournament championship. Baylor ended their season going 23-4.

That makes two NCAA tournament bids in his three years as head coach. The consecutive bids were achieved for just the fouth time in program history (not including the three year consecutive appearances, 2003-2005, or the amazing six year streak, accomplished from 1998-2003).

Football is great. Basketball is high energy. So is hockey. But, for me, there's nothing like America's pastime. Character-players. The pitcher-batter dual. Circus plays (dives, throws) on defense. Home runs. Double plays. Silly music. Hotdogs. Statistics. (Watching with my son!)

Coach Rodriguez is delivering fun, exciting baseball for Baylor Nation.

Living in Colleyville, we usually see our guys play when they're in Fort Worth, at DBU, UTA, etc, but I need to make a better effort to see them in Waco (of course, my sophomore-son goes to many home games) Austin & in Oklahoma. I hope others will, also.
jdrs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really enjoyed his story about meeting Fidel Castro. What an interesting life he has led and happy he is here at a Baylor!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.