Baseball
Sponsored by

Game 3

2,564 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CNC
CTbruin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Playing in the rain.

Down 6-0 in 2nd.

Starter Kettler didn't get anybody out.
CTbruin
Putting tarp back on field
Griz
Did they call this game yet?
Bear8084
Griz said:

Yes, no contest and not to be made up.
Oldbear83
Bear8084 said:

Griz said:

Yes, no contest and not to be made up.
That's kind of a break for us, then.
STxBear81
Yep. Big break. Down 6-0 after 2. Now it's a non make up game and we are in 1st place after we have played 3 weekends
Oldbear83
BornAgain said:

Yep. Big break. Down 6-0 after 2. Now it's a non make up game and we are in 1st place after we have played 3 weekends
I have to admit I was mildly curious to see if the trend would continue:

Game 1, Texas gets up 4-0 and loses
Game 2, Baylor gets up 5-0 and loses
Game 3, Texas gets up 6-0 ... and the game is called a no-game.
ICT-Bear
Thats a huge break for us for sure. That leaves us half a game in sole possession of first place. Would be kind of funny if we end up winning the regular season title by 0.5 games due to the no contest.
jdrs
Thanks for the updates. I was caught up in women's basketball excitement and didn't know how it turned out.
Oldbear83
jdrs said:

Thanks for the updates. I was caught up in women's basketball excitement and didn't know how it turned out.
That's just it ... technically it never happened.
Johnny Bear
By a stroke of luck it ended up being of no consequence, but bad starts are starting to become a bad trend for Kettler. Wondering at this point if he needs to be relegated to mid-week starts (even with the injury situations on the pitching staff).
Nguyen One Soon
Johnny Bear said:

By a stroke of luck it ended up being of no consequence, but bad starts are starting to become a bad trend for Kettler. Wondering at this point if he needs to be relegated to mid-week starts (even with the injury situations on the pitching staff).
His injury is most likely the cause of most of his problems. Trying to rehab from it with short starts, just not as short as Sunday's. Two wet field errors didn't help. Then he didn't get a called strike on Reynolds and started drilling it down the middle.
txrangers
Kettler and Tyler Thomas need to improve for us to have a chance of winning conference. Paul Dickens has been solid for us. The offense is something I am not worried about. Baylor's offense can hang with anyone in this conference.
CNC
Along those lines of starting pitchers, has anyone heard an update on Cody Bradford since they announced this injury/condition? I assume he's still in school? Rehab? I know he's out for this year, but beyond that?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.