Story Poster
Baylor Baseball

No. 17 Baylor Bears Set to Host Oklahoma

April 12, 2019

STORY LINES
• The Bears return home to Baylor Ballpark to host Oklahoma for three starting on Friday, April 12 at 6:35 p.m. Game two is set for 3:05 p.m. on Saturday, April 13 and game three is set for Sunday, April 14 at 3:00 p.m.  

• The Bears dropped their first extra innings contest of the season on Tuesday, falling to UT Arlington, 2-1 in 13 innings. The 13-inning contest was the longest of the Steve Rodriguez era and the Bears stranded a season-high 18 batters as they just could not get the big hit.. Last weekend the Bears split two games with conference foe Texas after Sunday's rubber match was rained out. The Bears won Friday's game vs. Texas in walk-off fashion, 6-5 and but dropped Saturday's contest, 8-6. 

HOW TO WATCH AND STREAM
Friday's game will be televised on FOX Sports Southwest Plus and on the FOX Sports Go App. Saturday's game will be streamed on the FOX Sports Go App and Sunday's contest will be on ESPNU. 

PROJECTED PITCHING MATCHUP 
Friday, April 12 • 6:35 p.m. CT • RHP Jimmy Winston (3-0, 0.95 ERA) vs. RHP Cade Cavalli (4-1, 2.30 ERA)

Sat., April 13 • 3:05 p.m. CT • LHP Paul Dickens (3-1, 4.01 ERA) vs. RHP Nathan Wiles (5-1, 3.28 ERA)

Sun., April 13 • 3:00 p.m. CT • TBD vs. LHP Levi Prater (5-3, 2.22 ERA)
AGAINST OKLAHOMA
• The Bears are 4-7 against the Sooners under the direction of head coach Steve Rodriguez. The Bears bring a two-game winning streak over the Sooners to the weekend series after defeating them twice en route to the Big 12 Tournament title. The Bears won in the semifinal 10-3 and in the previously in their tournament-opening game, 4-0. The Bears are still looking for their first conference series win over the Sooners under Coach Rod and their first series win since taking two-of-three at home, March 27-29, 2015. 

TOPS IN THE CONFERENCE 
• The Bears have started Big 12 play 6-2 and sit atop the conference standings. The  Bears started conference play 5-1, the best start to conference under Coach Rodriguez and the best over the first two weekends of the season since starting 6-0 in 2012. 

IN THE NATIONAL RANKINGS
• The Bears rank 32nd in scoring (72.) and a top 25 pitching staff (19th in ERA). The Bears boast the seventh-highest batting average in the nation (.313), 23rd in total hits (344), 16th with 2.23 doubles per game, 22nd with 69 total doubles, 15th in slugging percentage (.481), 24th in on-base percentage (0.404) and 32nd in scoring (7.2).  The Bears' fielding percentage of 0.979 ranks 13th nationally. On the mound the Bears rank 19th in ERA (3.25) and sixth with just 6.72 hits allowed per nine innings. 

Tags: Baseball, Baylor
Discussion from...

No. 17 Baylor Bears Set to Host Oklahoma

3,406 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CTbruin
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just win Bears!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
CTbruin
In the top of 3, Winston gives up 5 including a 3 run dinger and we get nobody in the pen. Are we that thin on the mound?
Baylor3216
I take it we're gettin pounded?
MrGolfguy
We lost game 1, 7-5
BellCountyBear
Rod seems to leave his starting pitchers in too long a lot.
MrGolfguy
Bears win game 2, helped by 3 homers, 7-3
Baylor3216
This board seems on life support. Guess another side effect of the BoI
CTbruin
Baylor3216 said:

This board seems on life support. Guess another side effect of the BoI

Sorry. I was on a plane returning from Hilton Head. I usually give an update or two.

Today was a good win and a much needed win.

Let's win the series
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.