Baseball
Sponsored by

Ciach rod channeling his inner Smitty cost us a Big 12 title

2,677 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ludwig von Missi
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dude has not shown an adept ability to manage his bullpen
Bear8084
Yet has steadily built the program back to to be a contender in short order and won the Big 12 Tournament, something Coach Smith could not do. Each year has shown positive growth, even with injuries to key positions.
Ludwig von Missi
Injuries cost us a Big XII title. No Cody Bradford, basically no Hayden Kettler, no Wendzel for the last 7 conference games.

We're all disappointed, but this team has NOTHING to hang their heads about.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
He has got us this far and you biatch. I appreciate him.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Johnny Bear
Crash Davis said:

Injuries cost us a Big XII title. No Cody Bradford, basically no Hayden Kettler, no Wendzel for the last 7 conference games.

And don't forget, basically no Tyler Thomas either, especially for the much more critical weekend games. No doubt it's disappointing to be in first place for almost all of the conference race, only to lose it during the last weekend of the season, but I agree that it's mostly attributable to the consequences of all of the injuries ultimately coming home to roost. All things considered, it was an outstanding coaching job to even be in a position to still win it up until the last regular season weekend. While I've at times also thought Rod stayed with pitchers too long, I don't agree with comparisons to Steve Smith.
CTbruin
Coach Smith has much respect from a lot of us. He took us to 17 NCAA regionals. A record that will not be broken, He made us relevant in the Big 12 in baseball before any other sport. He found a way to make us competitive with severe scholarship limitations. And he led the development of the Turner Riverfront Complex and got the Baylor Ballpark built.

Yes, he struggled after the departure of Coach Thompson. But I will always be thankful to what he did for Baylor.
Stefano DiMera
I love when people make broad generalizations based on 2-3 negative outcomes in a 50 game season.
STxBear81
I have no problems with Steve smith or Coach Rod. Strauss did a great job with pitching staff early in the year when no one wanted to take the reins after Bradford was lost. The committee approach worked and now our bullpen is much better. I am not sure we have the planned starting lineup together for more than 2 weeks all year. If that.
Shea was out , Davion was out and Wendzel was out, still we are 3315. Pretty darn good
BUbearinARK
You have issues. #overcomers
BUBBFAN
CTbruin said:

Coach Smith has much respect from a lot of us. He took us to 17 NCAA regionals. A record that will not be broken, He made us relevant in the Big 12 in baseball before any other sport. He found a way to make us competitive with severe scholarship limitations. And he led the development of the Turner Riverfront Complex and got the Baylor Ballpark built.

Yes, he struggled after the departure of Coach Thompson. But I will always be thankful to what he did for Baylor.
Agree
Media Bear
Crash Davis said:

Tceh going 10 for its last 11 (in conference) had something to do with it too.

Gotta give it 'em -- those pizza delivery guys are trained to bring the goods in a hurry and Pizza Tech did just that (including a six-game sweep over the state of Oklahoma).
Ludwig von Missi
Media Bear said:

Crash Davis said:

Tceh going 10 for its last 11 (in conference) had something to do with it too.

Gotta give it 'em -- those pizza delivery guys are trained to bring the goods in a hurry and Pizza Tech did just that (including a six-game sweep over the state of Oklahoma).
No doubt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.