Baseball
Sponsored by

Who manages the wikipedia for Baylor Baseball?

2,259 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Banned BarleyMcDougal
Banned BarleyMcDougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"In the Waco Regional, Baylor lost their first game and then won four straight games to stave off elimination and advance to host the Arkansas Razorbacksin the Super Regional. They lost to Arkansas there because of an awful infielder named Jake Miller. He let a routine grounder go through the wickets."

Come on Baylor social media/internet guy...get your !@#$ together.
coopaloop13
So flag it for removal or change it. It's Wikipedia
Baylor3216
That was just a standard Smitty choke job

That guy invented ways to lose big games
Stefano DiMera
Was that the game he brought in a pitcher as a pinch hitter? When there were other options available
MrGolfguy
Stefano DiMera said:

Was that the game he brought in a pitcher as a pinch hitter? When there were other options available
Yes, bottom of 9 with 2 outs i believe. IIRC, the batter due up (can't recall name) had committed a costly error earlier in the game and was coming up to bat with a perfect chance for redemption.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
GShack
Turley pinch hit for Miller and struck out. Miller's replacement couldn't get to ball that scored winning run.

Terrible decision by Smith to remove Miller.
Media Bear
Stefano DiMera said:

Six at bats all season as I recall ... and pretty much dumps the entire season on the guy's shoulders. Pitch hit him for scrappy shortstop who was chomping at the bit for redemption after a miscue earlier in the game. Backup shorty lacked the range of our starter (most shortstops period lacked his range) -- which cost us a trip to Omaha when the game winning hit got by him.

One of the worst managerial moves I've ever witnessed in watching/playing 30+ years of baseball.
Mitch Henessey
I know you can't fire a guy who was within an out of the CWS, plus won the conference that year, but I was 100% out on Smitty after that little stunt. It was only a matter of time until he got canned.
bunation
Wow.

That was the most incredible season by a Baylor baseball team! I've never been more proud.

Mistakes happen. Managers take risks.

It's baseball.

The glass was nine-tenths full.
Johnny Bear
As a recall, Jake Miller was actually a very good shortstop, but he unfortunately had a "Bill Buckner type moment" on that tailor made double play ball that would've sealed Omaha for that 2012 team. We'll never know what might've happened, but as noted it's double sad he didn't even get a shot at redemption when Smith pinch hit for him.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
bunation said:

Wow.

That was the most incredible season by a Baylor baseball team! I've never been more proud.

Mistakes happen. Managers take risks.

It's baseball.

The glass was nine-tenths full.
No?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.