Baseball
Sponsored by

Rodriguez can show us something today!

2,906 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Johnny Bear
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Put it on paper as someone used to say
Stefano DiMera
Thomas is what they call 'effectively wild' today.
Stefano DiMera
Spoke too soon..All hands on deck... bullpen get ready.
Team America
Free bases will kill you. He might as well have put that one on a tee. Geez
Stefano DiMera
Yep . first breaking pitch he threw today
Stefano DiMera
How do you leave your jersey in the hotel?!
Team America
Well that escalated quickly.
BellCountyBear
Home plate ump has a pretty liberal strike zone today, especially when UCLA is pitching.
Mitch Henessey
In case anyone is actually trying to follow via the board, Baylor up 4-3 heading to B4. Cole Haring has 2 HRs and 3 RBIs.
Team America
Lead gone. Another walk, a single and a double. Thomas out, still no outs.
Stefano DiMera
Now trailing 5-4... Thomas getting the hook.
Stefano DiMera
I like the way that this UCLA coach is handling his pitching moves...he is not wasting time yanking you ..and if you have a good 2 innings..he's getting you outta there before our lineup gets a 2nd look at ya.
Mitch Henessey
Bears pull one back on a wild pitch, now down 6-5 going to B5.
Mitch Henessey
Two run bomb for UCLA, and you can probably stick a fork in this season. Would have been nice to eliminate the #1 overall seed, but it was not to be, unfortunately.
pwactwac
We are having our chances but one cant continue to serve up meatballs....
Dia del DougO
Fear not. Gonna be a glorious comeback.

The umps owe Baylor a few charity runs at the end as payback for the officiating error at the Holiday Bowl vs UCLA a while back.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
pwactwac
sigh. Deep again....

It was a great season. A lot of injuries and adversity. Coach Rodriguez is rebuilding us, he has the technology...
DanaDane
Rodriguez will consistently get us to the regionals. But that's about as far as he will ever take a team, although he did luck out once at Pepperdine and get them to a Super regional. Only once, though. But he has a great Twitter game and does a fantastic job of pumping up Baylor's other sports. So there's always that.
Bear8084
DanaDane said:

Rodriguez will consistently get us to the regionals. But that's about as far as he will ever take a team, although he did luck out once at Pepperdine and get them to a Super regional. Only once, though. But he has a great Twitter game and does a fantastic job of pumping up Baylor's other sports. So there's always that.

Got any lotto numbers in that crystal ball of yours?
Mitch Henessey
DanaDane said:

You might end up being correct on this, but there's no evidence to support that opinion thus far. At this point, you're just talking out your ass.
Oldbear83
DanaDane said:

Gotta say, I was amazed by how well Rod coached up until mid-May ... after that something went wrong and he never got it really fixed.

Too soon for me to say Coach Rod can't get a team to Omaha, but this year was a mix of over-achieving by the team and both over and under-performing by Coach Rod.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
txrangers
This was the year many Baylor fans, including myself, thought this was the year to get to Omaha. Injuries wrecked this season. Really disappointing because we lose so many seniors and a pair of juniors who meant a ton to this program and won't have an Omaha appearance left to their legacy. Next season will be a question mark with a ton of the offensive stars leaving, but should have just about all of our starters back.
Johnny Bear
Oldbear83 said:

DanaDane said:

Gotta say, I was amazed by how well Rod coached up until mid-May ... after that something went wrong and he never got it really fixed.

Too soon for me to say Coach Rod can't get a team to Omaha, but this year was a mix of over-achieving by the team and both over and under-performing by Coach Rod.
True, this season ended disappointingly, but I also think it's too early to start making pronouncements on Rod's potential "limitations". He inherited a program that had gotten itself squarely in the ditch and has done a good job from a recruiting standpoint (his California connections are a nice plus). I also think the fact that he's already won a B12 Tourney Title (something Smith could never do, even though he had 6 cracks at it) is a significant accomplishment that happened early on in his BU career. If not getting to Omaha just keeps happening year in and year out, then at some point you have to admit the obvious, but we aren't there yet and the guy deserves more time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.