Baseball
Sponsored by

Nice season

2,045 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ludwig von Missi
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After some tough injuries at the start of the season. The Bears exceeded my expectations for the year. Nice job!

Good luck tomorrow in the draft for the seniors and a few juniors.
william
Not bad. Almost the same as last year.

Looks like we lose a good number of players.

- KKM

Fetterman2024
Dia del DougO
A conference championship would have been nice. Tournaments gonna tournament, and Baylor gonna Baylor.

Wish they could have gone further, but we have a very good program. I hope it continues to get even better.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BellCountyBear
Keep drinking that green koolaid, LIB!
Johnny Bear
Bottom line, I thought it ended up being a frustrating season of what might've been. It's not often you have as much returning quality experience on a college team as we had. The pitching injuries and guys that took a step back (like Kettler and Thomas) ended up hurting bad and our obviously gifted hitters tended to go cold at the most inopportune times (especially late season / post season). Pre-season we were picked 2nd in the B12 for good reason and that's where we ended up, so I guess we did about what we were supposed to, but again, after being on top for the vast majority of the conference race, the ending and our post season showing were disappointing.
STxBear81
yes, we ended up where we were picked. the pitching injuries and depth hurt us this year but should be a asset next year
Dia del DougO
You don't coach injuries.

Lots of teams have them, but that's the way baseball go.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BaseballBear1108
Will still have to replace two first rounders, an All-American closer, two All-Big 12 outfielders, and possibly Andy Thomas and Cody Bradford if they decide to go in the draft.
Ludwig von Missi
Johnny Bear said:

Bottom line, I thought it ended up being a frustrating season of what might've been. It's not often you have as much returning quality experience on a college team as we had. The pitching injuries and guys that took a step back (like Kettler and Thomas) ended up hurting bad and our obviously gifted hitters tended to go cold at the most inopportune times (especially late season / post season). Pre-season we were picked 2nd in the B12 for good reason and that's where we ended up, so I guess we did about what we were supposed to, but again, after being on top for the vast majority of the conference race, the ending and our post season showing were disappointing.
Put Kettler in the injury department.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.