Baseball
Sponsored by

Baylor 2020 Roster

2,435 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KIA
STxBear81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we get some info or an interview with Coach Rod soon? I would like to know who made the team this year from the Fall workouts as well as some of the players and Freshmen who may have an impact on the team this coming year?
How does the pitching look? who is going to play 2nd and 3rd? Who looks like the weekend starters or Tuesday starter?
KIA
Seriously. Season starts in a month and the Baylor site doesn't even have this season's roster up.
STxBear81
i know...the lack of information is awful. Still no interview with Coach Rod...
ICT-Bear
Looks like D1Baseball.com just posted their preview on Baylor yesterday if anyone is subscribed to that (I'm not).
bunation
I'm a little surprised by our recruiting given our improvements & trending under Coach Rodriguez.

Coach Rod is successful, sharp & affable. His players appear to respect him and love to play for him.

I was expecting (at least) a top 20 class. (And, current rankings for next year (it's a little early, but...) are even more disconcerting.

What gives?!
BUBBFAN
bunation said:

I'm a little surprised by our recruiting given our improvements & trending under Coach Rodriguez.

Coach Rod is successful, sharp & affable. His players appear to respect him and love to play for him.

I was expecting (at least) a top 20 class. (And, current rankings for next year (it's a little early, but...) are even more disconcerting.

What gives?!
11.7 scholarships makes coming to Baylor very expensive for a Baseball player especially if they have other options and not pretty well to do parents.
ICT-Bear
BUBBFAN said:

bunation said:

What gives?!
11.7 scholarships makes coming to Baylor very expensive for a Baseball player especially if they have other options and not pretty well to do parents.
This right here. Baseball has some unique recruiting challenges like this because of the limited scholarships. That hasn't necessarily held back the success of private schools over the years like us, Rice, TCU, Vandy, etc. but it does provide some obstacles. Because youth baseball in the U.S. has trended towards the high dollar travel teams, you often can find good players from well off families these days but those families still would rather pay state tuition.

Does anyone know what the rules are on academic scholarships? I would assume a player could tack on $100K academic scholarship to Baylor on top of their partial baseball scholarship, but I'm not sure.
STxBear81
A player can tack on academic money but it depends on your SAT/ ACT scores. Based on your score you can qualify for 12-30,000 a year. As long as you maintain a certain GPA. The higher the score the more money. That helps but like another poster mentioned most families with money like to pay state tuition. Others don't. Helps to be smart, have money and be good
ICT-Bear
From D1Baseball.com:

Bobby: How about some lower tier teams in power 5 conferences that could surprise?

Kendall Rogers: Bobby out of the different leagues. Alabama could surprise a little in the SEC. Really like the personnel upgrades the Tide has made. In the ACC, keep an eye on Boston College. There's some definite talent there to work with. In the Pac 12, Arizona is my team to watch that is not ranked. In the Big 12, I feel like we're all going to regret not buying in on Baylor. Steve and his staff just do a great job.

https://d1baseball.com/chats/d1baseball-top-25-rankings-chat-preseason/
STxBear81
Is there really no Roster finalized yet for 2020? is coach Rod refusing interviews about the team? or is he too busy duck hunting ?
KIA
We have a game in less than a month school is back in session. No excuse for not having a roster update.
ICT-Bear
Is the Heart of the Order group still a thing? Has there been any kind of events, buzz, newsletters?
stillwaiting

The old me would have suggested that the needed resources to produce current info on the Baseball program were all consumed by creating puppets on signing day. But now that I am in a 12 step program for snarkiness, I am better than that.
bearmc148
Only for the 2020 commit announcement as I recall. Haven't seen a roster yet either.
txrangers
Know Rod lost a ton of offensive starters. Pitching should be the strongpoint this season.
KIA
The roster is updated . very little experienced offense coming back. Very young team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.