Baseball
Sponsored by

Crane Is An Idiot. He Could Be On Baylor Board

1,730 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fired Hinch and Luhnow. What an overreacting idiot. Only here in Houston. We were hoping/expecting Bill O to be fired last night instead they take out our only winners.
SweetgumBear
Must have contacted McMullen and asked for his advice .
whitetrash
Well, they did commit what is considered the most egregious act in baseball:

they beat the Yankees and Dodgers in the same season.

But seriously, when Crane bought the Astros several years ago, our pastor at the time, who was a huge baseball fan (moreso Dodgers, but Astros secondly), while standing in the sanctuary (but in a private conversation, not from the pulpit) used a word to describe Crane that is commonly found in the Bible, most notably in describing whose jawbone Samson used to slay the Philistines.
Aliceinbubbleland
Well, the Rev was right. But how can anyone be a damned Dodger fan?
RedBear05
A championship level coach being scapegoated for a completely over blown accusation. Where have I seen that before?
Chamberman
Firing was deserved. Leadership 101.
Aliceinbubbleland
Chamberman said:

BS.
KIA
If you can tie the coach to the scandal, and you fire them in what will be perceived as a taking the situation extremely seriously, you can often convince people to not look at the ownership group and possibly salvage the brands reputation.

Aliceinbubbleland
KIA said:

If you can tie the coach to the scandal, and you fire them in what will be perceived as a taking the situation extremely seriously, you can often convince people to not look at the ownership group and possibly salvage the brands reputation.

That's exactly the Baylor game plan.
GrowlTowel
Chamberman said:

This. And I have watched or listened to 150 games per year since 2017. Got to start over.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.