Baseball
Sponsored by

Astros 2020

2,547 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you smell something really ugly, like rotting meat in the humid Texas heat ... that would be the Astros bullpen.

Worst bullpen the Astros have had in memory. 'Half-assed' would be two steps up from this level.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
sahen
They need some arms to get healthy.

The thing is this year it doesn't really matter if you win the division - heck you can go to the playoffs in the 3rd spot. This is basically like the NBA - just keep yourself in contention until September and then hope you gel throughout that month for the playoffs. There are no fans so home field doesn't even matter. All you gotta do is get in and hope you are clicking.

That said - it is really hard to watch them right now. It is amazing they can't find anyone better to put in there. At least Greinke and McCullers are looking good now.
Oldbear83
sahen said:

The thing is this year it doesn't really matter if you win the division - heck you can go to the playoffs in the 3rd spot. This is basically like the NBA - just keep yourself in contention until September and then hope you gel throughout that month for the playoffs. There are no fans so home field doesn't even matter. All you gotta do is get in and hope you are clicking.

That said - it is really hard to watch them right now. It is amazing they can't find anyone better to put in there. At least Greinke and McCullers are looking good now.
The batting discipline is hard to watch too. I love Jose's attitude, but he's batting .189 and swinging worse than I did in Pony League, trying to hit a homer every time. And too many of our guys are like Cerano from Major League, powerful but can't hit a curveball.
sahen
Oldbear83 said:

sahen said:

The batting discipline is hard to watch too. I love Jose's attitude, but he's batting .189 and swinging worse than I did in Pony League, trying to hit a homer every time. And too many of our guys are like Cerano from Major League, powerful but can't hit a curveball.
A lot of squads are struggling hitting early on. We are actually 7th in runs scored - right behind the Yankees. We are getting enough from our bats but the bullpen is just so horrible it exaggerates the batting issue. Good news is it sounds like Yordan will be playing at some point this weekend (possibly Friday). Adding him in the lineup is going to help tremendously if he is anything like he was in 2019.
Bear8084
Looking better against the Mariners. It's good to catch up on some AL West games. Go 'Stros!
JusHappy2BeHere
I hate Josh James so much

He is Nuke Laleuch million dollar arm and a ten cent head
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Bear8084
Just unreal. He should never pitch in relief again. Or pitch with anyone on base. On to tomorrow to seal it up. Go 'Stros!
JusHappy2BeHere
Bear8084 said:

Just unreal. He should never pitch in relief again. Or pitch with anyone on base. On to tomorrow to seal it up. Go 'Stros!

At least we will have the real bullpen available tomorrow... but will Greinke be able to start?
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Bear8084
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Bear8084 said:

At least we will have the real bullpen available tomorrow... but will Greinke be able to start?

I'm leaning towards no just by how it sounds. I wouldn't want to force him back out there if he is not healed. Go 'Stros.
sahen
Greinke is starting, Javier standing by for relief
Bear8084
I dunno how I feel about that. If Greinke is truly ready to go, more power to him. But if he is not, I would hate rushing him out there only to get shelled because he is injured. I hope we can finish it today to relieve the bullpen a little bit, because the ALCS will be a different beast with no rest days either. Go 'Stros!!!!!
D. C. Bear
Guess the Yankees will have a good view of the ALCS from their couch.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

Bwahaha
JusHappy2BeHere
D. C. Bear said:

I feel so bad for them....

oh wait....

no I don't....

Mahatma Gandhi
Green&GoldStandard
CTbruin
Astros still alive.

Correa walk off HR bottom of 9
Bear8084
Still standing and making the haters clutch their pearls in faux outrage with each win. One game at a time fellas. Go 'Stros!!!!!
D. C. Bear
Correa apparently called his shot, telling Baker "Walk off" when he went up to bat. Guess he knew what was coming.
Bear8084
D. C. Bear said:

Correa apparently called his shot, telling Baker "Walk off" when he went up to bat. Guess he knew what was coming.

I read an article today saying he was taking stance and swing practice with the hitting coach, Cintron, each time he got out during the game. It was cool to read.

Go 'Stros!
Green&GoldStandard
Green&GoldStandard said:

Springer, Altuve and Correa each moved up one spot.
Green&GoldStandard
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

I feel so bad for them....

oh wait....

no I don't....

BaylorBen2010
Y'all here? #ForTheW
BaylorBen2010
Trying to get together a SicEm365 game 7 watch party at George's 2 tomorrow. Who's in?
D. C. Bear
Game 7 coming tomorrow.
BaylorBen2010
GAME 7 NO BAYLOR LETS PARTY IN WACO!!! Hey fellas can we watch at the STUDIO? If not, George's in Hewitt? What time is the game??!!?? 3 Down 1 to go!!!
Tylerbear
sahen said:

This aged very well!!!!!!.
Bear8084
Haters gonna hate. Game 7 tonight! Go 'Stros!!!!!!
JusHappy2BeHere
Yankees paying Garrett Cole $325 million to watch Framber Valdez on TV last night

Mahatma Gandhi
Wichitabear
Did Houston win game 7?
D. C. Bear
Wichitabear said:

Did Houston win game 7?

Sadly, no. It would have been nice to see a Texas team actually have a chance to win a World Series in Arlington.
Wichitabear
D. C. Bear said:

Wichitabear said:

Did Houston win game 7?

Sadly, no. It would have been nice to see a Texas team actually have a chance to win a World Series in Arlington.
thank you I was hoping for a win also
Oldbear83
I gotta say, Dusty did an incredible job this year. Disappointed we did not win the pennent, but lots of love for the heart and hustle of the team and coaches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.