Baseball
Sponsored by

Rangers new stadium....

1,136 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by No Longer Gold
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...SUCKS.

All you need to know.

So disappointing to spend $1.2 Billion to leave one of the top 10 baseball Stadiums to go to a bottom 10 stadium.

Also seems like they aren't even done with some parts of it. Which is crazy with all the time they have had.

Walked the entire stadium last night. Nothing unique, original, or nostalgic about the place.
Adriacus Peratuun
One huge positive.....

finally have a ballpark that top free agent pitchers will like.

As monumentally bad as the Rangers have been [for decades] in regard to drafting/developing pitching, having a ballpark attractive to pitchers is huge.

And it [stadium] will also emphasize speed and defense [which plays nicely with the current youth movement].

But it is rather hideous.
ICT-Bear
I mean most of the reviews from fans who have attended one of the NLCS or WS games have been pretty positive. I wasn't happy with moving ballparks but I'm sure after I attend a game or two in person I may feel better about it.

You can take this quote from Blake Snell as hope that maybe players will want to come- "This place is beautiful. This is beautiful. They did their thing. This is the nicest one I've been to."
MrGolfguy
Watching the WS, the overhead shots sure make the ballpark look nice. The roof is something that should have been included on the last stadium; somebody really screwed up on that decision - they'd still be in that park if it was built with a roof.
No Longer Gold
ICT-Bear said:

I mean most of the reviews from fans who have attended one of the NLCS or WS games have been pretty positive. I wasn't happy with moving ballparks but I'm sure after I attend a game or two in person I may feel better about it.

You can take this quote from Blake Snell as hope that maybe players will want to come- "This place is beautiful. This is beautiful. They did their thing. This is the nicest one I've been to."

I've been to 26 MLB ballparks.

Was at the first game at "the ball park in Arlington", as well as the last, and now the first game at globe field. I really wanted to like it. I was disappointed they chose to move, but excited about the prospects of attending games in more comfort, and being able to attract key talent.

Globe life is in my bottom 7-10.

I walked the whole place game 1 of of NLCS. Not to mention the whole "mallpark" thing the have going on, there just isn't anything memorable about it.

It's like trying to compare a mega church up in Frisco to same amazing bassstilica in a big old city that doesn't suck as bad as Frisco.
GruntTuff
The stadium is fine. It will be the first time in Rangers history they can attract a multitude of pitchers. Big yard. Perfect weather. Pitching wins. No rainouts.

I could care less what it looks like from the outside. It's very nice inside.

Did you ever attended a day game at the old park? 100+ Degrees. Horrible. I went to one in 2012 and there might have been 4000 miserable people there and the players just wanted to leave.

The Rangers can tailor a squad to win at the new pard. Pitching. Defense. Speed. Contact hitting. Lots more fun to see than 20 strikeouts, 3 home runs and 100 degree weather.

If the Rangers are ever to win a WS, they needed this stadium. I could care less about the architecture.

Texans are fat, and getting fatter. They needed a stadium with big seats, A/C and lots of big fattening food.

They now have it.
No Longer Gold
It's not nice on the inside.

I've been to all but a handful of the current MLB parks.

This one is at least bottom 10, if not worse.

The old one was an easy top 10.
whitetrash
Prior to this season, I had been to 34 MLB parks in all 30 markets (all current ones + Astrodome, Arlington, Comiskey and Turner). Obviously not to GLF yet. My concern with GLF is that it is similar to Truist Park in Atlanta, which is an ok park, but the emphasis is clearly on the bars and restaurants overlooking the field and not on the seating. Sight lines are ok but you are far away from the field and don't feel immersed by the game.

My first game at Truist I picked up a ticket on stubhub that was on the 2nd row down the 1B line that included "free access to the Jack Daniels Club". Went to find it to see if the view of the field was any different, and discovered it was little more than a windowless concession stand below the stands with a few bar height tables. I'd probably rank Truist no higher than #20 at best.

Since Truist and GLF are both the latest "cutting edge" of design, I got the feeling it was more of a Medieval Times type restaurant pushing bad overpriced food overlooking a baseball diamond rather than a jousting field.

I hope I'm wrong.
No Longer Gold
the seats in GLP was actually the only highlight. dont think Ive ever seen seats in the upper decks so close to the field.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.