BU Softball Gia Rodoni

2,419 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by longtimebear
greggor25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who makes the pitching decisions? Moore or Newman?

I get the feeling Gia is already run down. Thus, why we aren't seeing her good stuff anymore.

OU has multiple good pitchers every year. Why must we always ride one horse?
MrGolfguy
greggor25 said:

OU has multiple good pitchers every year. Why must we always ride one horse?
I can't answer that question, therefore i offer this:

Jack and DP
Softball pitchers can go multiple games. No big deal most of the time.
GarlandBear84
I heard on 1660 that Gia has a brother who is a long snapper on the BU football team.
KajunKarlsdad
GarlandBear84 said:

I heard on 1660 that Gia has a brother who is a long snapper on the BU football team.
Yep, Thor will be a junior on the football and her older brother graduated from BU Friday.

As for Gia being tired I would think more rest during the year was needed but nobody really stepped up as a solid #2. Most of the better teams have at least 2 "aces" and another 1 or 2 you can go to. Doesn't seem that we are there.
HoustonBear15
I'm not quite sure Gia is too run down just yet. Her velocity is higher now than it was earlier in the season. She's a solid pitcher but is going to give up hits/runs, which is okay. We just need the offense to step up and support her.
kbrun
True, softball pitchers can pitch multiple games but it seems each year we use one pitcher almost exclusively. We've done this for years, even when Canion was here. Green does pitch but Gia carries us through nearly every game. Can we not recruit quality pitchers or is this a choice of Moore/Newman?
greggor25
HoustonBear15 said:

I'm not quite sure Gia is too run down just yet. Her velocity is higher now than it was earlier in the season. She's a solid pitcher but is going to give up hits/runs, which is okay. We just need the offense to step up and support her.
We need another solid ace. We've never heard two aces ever in Baylor softball history. Going way back to Ferguson days.
longtimebear
I'm pretty sure Kendal Potts was to be that no. 2 pitcher. Why she quit is still not clear. But she was pretty good with a nice rise ball. As I mentioned in another thread, Green was a nice pick up from Miss State, but she just isn't there when it comes to facing top twenty teams. I doubt very seriously Coach Moore wouldn't want to have second starter.

This has been a strange and disappointing season with players lost and injuries and situations I won't mention. Maybe we will be better next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.