Baylor just became a national power in Men's Tennis ...

1,919 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TxRainMkr
RunningHoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BU was already strong, but I would assume you will win a Natty soon. Congratulations!

Brian Boland to Baylor

MrGolfguy
Awesome, sounds like BU hit a home run
EGOTbear
We were already a national power - had fallen off the past few years for some reason though.

But this guy is even more legit I have to admit
CarmelBear
Knoll has such a great track record and I was surprised to see him leave. Glad we have a proven winner coming in with Boland. I wonder how much cash the athletic department had to throw at him to get him to move to Waco. Great job, Mack.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
EGOTbear said:

We were already a national power - had fallen off the past few years for some reason though.

But this guy is even more legit I have to admit
Pretty sure UVA whipped Baylor's tail in 2015 in the NCAAs. Scary good.
BUletters
As a BU tennis alum, I am thrilled with this hiring. Plus, this indicates a serious commitment by BU to winning championships and not just being middle of the pack.
BUletters
But let me add that we owe a lot to Matt Knoll who led the 2004 team to BU's first national championship and kept the team in the top 10 for many years.
Hotsauce
This lessens the sting of losing Knoll just a bit for now. Hopefully the new coach is as-advertised and can carry the torch.
Sic Em Bears
Hope he can bring us back!
Texasjeremy
This is amazing. Losing someone like Matt Knoll, there is no way you think they would be able to replace him with a coach with a better resume, but somehow they did. Homerun hire.
ABC BEAR
BUletters said:

But let me add that we owe a lot to Matt Knoll who led the 2004 team to BU's first national championship and kept the team in the top 10 for many years.
^This.
TxRainMkr
Mack just proved his salt with this one. What an absolutely amazing hire!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.