Random story that shows why I love sports (being a fan of sports)

So last night The Houston Dynamo had a home match against LAFC in MLS action. I like to watch MLS play when I can so I was looking forward to the match. Well, due to storms, an 8pm start got delayed to 9:40 pm

So I sat down to watch, but being an old guy I was struggling to stay awake. Further, the Dynamo were generally inept. Very rarely did they threaten and at the 72nd minute they gave up another goal to fall behind 2-0 seemingly sealing the game. It was a home game, but due to weather and late start very few fans there. Not a lot of energy, plus Dynamo were coming off of a heartbreaking loss in their last game. they looked very defeated.

I hung in until about the 88th minute and finally decided a comeback was virtually impossible so I turned off the TV and went to sleep.

Wake up today and check ESPN. I'll be damned, Dynamo scored 2 stoppage time goals to pull out a draw and earn a point at home. Kicking myself for not hanging in there an extra 5 minutes or so to see this one through to the end. While I'm annoyed with myself it is a great reminder why sports are great.