The Open: Carnoustie

1,534 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorOkie
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any picks they feel confident about sharing? Can Americans continue their string of major wins?

Let's have everyone's top 5 picks.
MrGolfguy
The course is dry, and brown, and baked. I'm afraid the story will be all about the course (like the US Open was) not the play or the players. Rickie Fowler supposedly hit a 458 yd drive in practice earlier today.
bularry
MrGolfguy said:

The course is dry, and brown, and baked. I'm afraid the story will be all about the course (like the US Open was) not the play or the players. Rickie Fowler supposedly hit a 458 yd drive in practice earlier today.

Lord, that would be unfortunate. We'll see I guess.
bularry
Last night they were talking about how dry it is. Balls will roll forever
GarlandBear84
This is by far my least favorite of the major tournaments. I prefer trees and ponds to goat ranches especially brown grass. I'll pick Fowler to break thru and win his first major.
bularry
GarlandBear84 said:

This is by far my least favorite of the major tournaments. I prefer trees and ponds to goat ranches especially brown grass. I'll pick Fowler to break thru and win his first major.
PGA is my least favorite, because it seems like so many other events. I enjoy watching the players in the link conditions.

MrGolfguy
bularry said:

Anyone have any picks they feel confident about sharing? Can Americans continue their string of major wins?

Let's have everyone's top 5 picks.
I've always found it very hard to guess who's going to do well in any particular golf tournament. That being said i'll go with:
Justin Rose
Jordan Spieth
Tommy Fleetwood
Henrik Stenson
Dustin Johnson
GarlandBear84
The only surprise to me in your picks is Speith though I'd love to see that. Has he shown any signs of returning to his top form?
bularry
M Leishman
J Rose
T Fleetwood
Fowler
J. Thomas

I don't have a lot of confidence in these picks, though
BUBear24
Tiger is making it interesting today.
KOKQB70
Tiger or Jordan? Or pick the field? Just hope USA wins!
BUBear24
KOK QB 70 said:

Tiger or Jordan? Or pick the field? Just hope USA wins!

Crazy windy today so I don't think anyone is going low today. I think Woods is too far back with too many in front, but really hoping he shows up again today. People ***** and complain that every article out is about Woods but think about having to be that guy in all those articles too.
BaylorOkie
Very compelling final round so far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.