2019 Baylor Women's Tennis Season Updates

1,113 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by StatMan
StatMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joey Scrivano and the Baylor women's tennis team began the 2019 season with a match vs Hawaii in Honolulu this past Saturday. Hawaii won the team doubles point, as well as the deciding singles match, for a 4-3 victory. The home opener for Baylor is this Saturday with a late morning/late after doubleheader at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.
StatMan
A 4-1 record for Coach Scrivano and Baylor women's tennis which included home wins over New Mexico and Rice. He was a special guest at the 'Baylor Coach's Hour' live at Rudy's Thursday evening. He thinks Livia Kraus is the most improved women's college tennis player in the nation. She is definitely worthy of playing #1 singles on this year's team.
StatMan
After road losses to Northwestern and Illinois, Baylor women's tennis now has a 6-match losing streak, and an overall record in 2019 of 4-7. Dominika Sujokva has been injured for a few weeks. This has certainly affected the doubles and singles lineups. Baylor will host Kentucky on Friday at 5 p.m. at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.
GarlandBear84
Such a long losing streak is shocking. I wonder how many years it has been since we lost more in a row.
Malbec
GarlandBear84 said:

Such a long losing streak is shocking. I wonder how many years it has been since we lost more in a row.
Been awhile.
StatMan
GarlandBear84 said:

Go back to the old SWC, and there is a much longer losing streak in Baylor Women's Tennis. The most recent results were 6-1 defeats to TCU over a week ago, followed by a close 4-3 loss to #21 Old Dominion yesterday. Both were at the Hurd Tennis Center. Current losing streak is now at 11 in a row. Season record is currently 5-12.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.