Baylor softball has lost its ace for this coming season.

1,360 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonBear15
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
HoustonBear15
They're also without Kyla Walker who will redshirt due to shoulder surgery. Two big losses.
Chibears2
This is a BIG blow to the aspirations of this team; at the same time, it opens up opportunities for new players/freshmen to come in and make their mark. Much like our men's basketball team has done, I hope new stars/aces come forth to take this team on a deep run!
Malbec
If she had knee surgery in the off-season, why did they wait until now to announce this?
HoustonBear15
Malbec said:

If she had knee surgery in the off-season, why did they wait until now to announce this?
Staff was hoping she would be okay to play. It wasn't decided until yesterday that she would redshirt.
setshot
As we know, softball is a pitcher's game, and a loss of this kind is a crushing blow. I hate it for Moore and his squad, but having her back next year is at the very least a reason for every player on the squad to make the most of this one.
HoustonBear15
Since Rodoni and Walker are redshirting, Regan Green is the only player we will be losing to graduation. Next year's squad will be extremely experienced.
Malbec
HoustonBear15 said:

Malbec said:

Staff was hoping she would be okay to play. It wasn't decided until yesterday that she would redshirt.
I understand. But are you telling me that until yesterday they held out hope that she would be available to start the season?
Chibears2
I believe that is correct. She had been pitching, trying to get ready for season, but at her final doctor's appointment (if she was going to be released for season), apparently the doc didn't give the okay. Big difference between non-contact pitching from circle, and covering home plate on a slide (despite new rule supposedly designed to minimize injury at home plate...), or running to field a ball.
HoustonBear15
Malbec said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Malbec said:

I understand. But are you telling me that until yesterday they held out hope that she would be available to start the season?
They weren't expecting her to be able to start the season but that she would be available eventually at some point. It was confirmed yesterday that that was not the best option for. They announced the same day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.