Softball

1,658 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxRainMkr
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so we lost our top 2 pitchers, correct? Is that why we aren't any good or are there other issues?
jonathan_hilltx
Six potential starters out, including two All-Americans.

Two of the three pitchers on the roster out, and that's pretty much everything in softball.

Rough season, but 2020 is going to be a very experienced, upperclassmen-heavy team.
HoustonBear15
Injuries have really set this team back. Top two pitchers, who are both seniors, are out. Starting catcher and backup catcher are currently out. Best two outfielders are redshirting due to injury. This team is limping through the season and has had to lean on the freshmen class to fill spots. I think almost 45% of at bats have been taken by freshmen. They'll be much improved next season with the return of those injured players.

I admire Coach Moore's mindset through it all. They've been dealt a really bad hand and instead of just giving up on the season they continue to fight hard and constantly look for ways to improve. He'll have them ready next year.
bularry
HoustonBear15 said:

Injuries have really set this team back. Top two pitchers, who are both seniors, are out. Starting catcher and backup catcher are currently out. Best two outfielders are redshirting due to injury. This team is limping through the season and has had to lean on the freshmen class to fill spots. I think almost 45% of at bats have been taken by freshmen. They'll be much improved next season with the return of those injured players.

I admire Coach Moore's mindset through it all. They've been dealt a really bad hand and instead of just giving up on the season they continue to fight hard and constantly look for ways to improve. He'll have them ready next year.

Good info, thx
CTbruin
Very unlike a Glenn Moore team. I have confidence Glenn will get 'em back.
greggor25
Not much you can do when you lose Walker and Rodoni.
Tigerjag
Can anyone tell me about Madison Lindsey? After pitching a little at the beginning of the season, I haven't seen any mentions of her.
HoustonBear15
Tigerjag said:

Can anyone tell me about Madison Lindsey? After pitching a little at the beginning of the season, I haven't seen any mentions of her.
She started off the season really well and has gotten action late in the season but she just can't throw strikes consistently. 54 walks in 51.2 innings. She has what it takes to be a great pitcher but she is just walking too many batters.
MrGolfguy
Played #7 LSU really well this weekend, despite losing 2 of 3. Game 1 was a 2-0 loss, game 2 was a 4-2 loss but Holman pitched really well striking out 10. Finally broke thru with a win in game 3, 5-1.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
TxRainMkr
Really should have won two out of three. I know we have quite a few coaches with LSU ties, but the LSU fans who traveled to Waco put the R in rude.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.