Cluse Hart retiring

1,270 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jumpinjoe
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Baylor3216
Is this his German evil twin?
jumpinjoe
Last night, BU had a retirement banquet at the Baylor Club, McLane Stadium for Coach Hart. Blessed to attend this event. My accomplishments of All SWC four years in a row, 400 IH, pales in importance to the nine Olympic Gold Medalist or the 430 All Americans he coached at Quarter-Miler University, AKA Baylor University. Many of them were in attendance. I am glad he is a part of my life. I was in the first class of recruits he brought to Baylor over 50 years ago.

He is truly a legend. There are over 10,000 college track and field coaches, and only a hand full ever get to coach one athlete who wins an Olympic gold medal, and he has coached nine of them plus a handful of other Olympians who did not win one.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
GarlandBear84
Do you think he changed much from your time to now?
Surf Oso
Well, I ran in the late 80's and was there on Friday and Coach Hart has not changed one iota. Sharp wit, good health, stoic and full of life. I spoke to Mrs (Dr) Hart and she said he's stronger than ever.

May we all be that healthy and look so good at 85 years young!
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
jumpinjoe
Surf Oso sums it up pretty good. He has the same build now that he had back in 1964 when I first met him. Staying active with the sport has aged him well. The bad thing about being a CPA is that tax season and track season conflict, but when I could beginning in 1980, I officiated as many meets that my job would let me. I was a regular at the Ft Worth coaches indoor until they did away with it, and covered the Baylor Invitational and SWC meets in the area. I say this because these meets kept me in contact with Clyde during the years until I could no longer officiate. He is the same now as he was over the years, and may have a keener mind than before as he responded well to the roasting at the dinner. He still has a good memory of his athletes.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.