Softball

1,414 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HoustonBear15
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know the status of any of these players?

Nicki Dawson
Hannah Thompson
Hannah Smith
Ashley Marchand
or any other player who is not playing.

Getting information on players is absolutely hard to get. Thanks
HoustonBear15
Nicky Dawson was dealing with a strained muscle in her leg but is cleared to play. Freshman Emily Hott filled in for her and has remained there since.

All other players are healthy, just not seeing playing time.
longtimebear
HoustonBear15 said:

Nicky Dawson was dealing with a strained muscle in her leg but is cleared to play. Freshman Emily Hott filled in for her and has remained there since.

Thank you Houstonbear, Weren't the Hannah girls a important part of the team last season? Thompson, it seems had a pretty good bat last season. Oh well, I don't always agree with Coach Moores player choices.
HoustonBear15
From an article posted on BaylorBears.com:

Hott, who hadn't played second base since her freshman year in high school, has had to fill in while senior Nicky Dawson (.400) recovers from a hamstring injury that has kept her out of the lineup for the last seven games.
Moore said Dawson "feels like she can go," but added, "I'm concerned about the weather being cold, and certainly don't want to do anything again to damage her that would prolong the time that she'll stay out."
HoustonBear15
longtimebear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Thank you Houstonbear, Weren't the Hannah girls a important part of the team last season? Thompson, it seems had a pretty good bat last season. Oh well, I don't always agree with Coach Moores player choices.

In 2019, Hannah Smith started 34 games, had 98 ABs and hit for an average of .112.

Hannah Thompson started 23 games, had 66 ABs and hit .167.

I think Moore has the right people playing right now. Hot and Pritchett, both freshmen, are phenomenal right now in the 3 and 5 hole. They play the middle infield and are great defensive players. Bower, a sophomore, has been steady in the 4 spot and has come on strong lately. If McGlaun and Ellis can get back on track, this offense will be tough.
KajunKarlsdad
Pritchett is 6-0 in the circle and has been hitting the ball really well. Hott is versatile and also hitting well, they need to stay in the lineup. No sense rushing Nickey back, let it fully heal.
longtimebear
KajunKarlsdad said:

Pritchett is 6-0 in the circle and has been hitting the ball really well. Hott is versatile and also hitting well, they need to stay in the lineup. No sense rushing Nickey back, let it fully heal.
How in the world did Pritchett get passed by the Oklahoma's of the world. She's the most talented and confident young lady I have ever seen in Moore's tenure. What kind of stats and accomplishments will she leave behind when she graduates. Just an awesome athlete.
longtimebear
HoustonBear15 said:

longtimebear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

In 2019, Hannah Smith started 34 games, had 98 ABs and hit for an average of .112.

I think Moore has the right people playing right now. Hot and Pritchett, both freshmen, are phenomenal right now in the 3 and 5 hole. They play the middle infield and are great defensive players. Bower, a sophomore, has been steady in the 4 spot and has come on strong lately. If McGlaun and Ellis can get back on track, this offense will be tough.
McGlaun is the player that concerns me most. She hasn't been the hitter she was in her freshman year. Last season it just seemed she'd rather take walks than swing at the ball. So far this season she appears to more aggressive at the plate but having trouble getting the sweet part of the bat on the ball. As a former hitting coach once told me....your plate stance should never be considered unchangeable when you find your self in a slump.
Personally, I would like her to shorten her stance a bit. Whatever is going on....she could use some coaching.

Actually, I feel this teams batting will get better as time moves on. Currently, pitching and defense are winning games. The run scoring is very poor.
HoustonBear15
longtimebear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

longtimebear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

McGlaun is the player that concerns me most. She hasn't been the hitter she was in her freshman year. Last season it just seemed she'd rather take walks than swing at the ball. So far this season she appears to more aggressive at the plate but having trouble getting the sweet part of the bat on the ball. As a former hitting coach once told me....your plate stance should never be considered unchangeable when you find your self in a slump.
Personally, I would like her to shorten her stance a bit. Whatever is going on....she could use some coaching.

Actually, I feel this teams batting will get better as time moves on. Currently, pitching and defense are winning games. The run scoring is very poor.
And the lack of run production finally caught up with us as the team drops a game to Villanova 7-3. Those 3 runs would've been enough in the majority of the games we've played but we can't always rely on defense to pull out the wins. Our offense needs a spark and I'm not sure when and from who it will come. That's been the problem the last few seasons, we just can't get runs across. We've also had a lot of errors this weekend which doesn't help either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.