Anyone know why Tennis HC Boland resigned today?

5,391 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by T-REX
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I could ask this on the board for other sports but it would not ever be seen. It isn't even mentioned there.
WorkHardPlayHard
Agreed. I was looking for some insight. Really sucks!!!! He was going to bring a few national championships!!!!!!!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Dammit!! My world is gonna end if Baylor sucks at tennis.

Covid-19, riots and looting, and now this!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Timbear
That's funny RD
BUletters
Don't scoff at National Championships.
Baylor's first, in 2004, was Tennis. And more were coming with Coach Boland.
gobears20
Staff
Stranger
BUletters said:

It looks like Coach Boland will be bringing NO national championships to Baylor.

But wait. Didn't Mack Rhoads fire Baylor's tennis coach who DID bring us national championships?

Rhule, now Boland. That Rhoads really knows how to pick 'em.
BUletters
Stranger said:

BUletters said:

It looks like Coach Boland will be bringing NO national championships to Baylor.

But wait. Didn't Mack Rhoads fire Baylor's tennis coach who DID bring us national championships?

Feel better?
Stranger
BUletters said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

Do what happened? Fired? Quit?

Feel better?
BaylorHistory
Stranger said:

BUletters said:

Lulz
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Stats97
Stranger said:

BUletters said:

Rhule took us to the Big 12 Championship game and Sugar Bowl. It was a good hire by Rhoades.
BaylorRocks
Tennis blogs are widely rumbling that there were issues/corruption in Baylor's program. And Boland was asked to resign. More to come of course......
BUletters
Can you name one of those blogs with that speculation? Thanks.
Stranger
Stats97 said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

Rhule took us to the Big 12 Championship game and Sugar Bowl. It was a good hire by Rhoades.

1-11
El Guapo
Yes, he got caught having sex with his wife doggy style - an unholy act to the babdists.
BUletters
Where is the Moderator on this site?
BU82EX
Stranger said:

Stats97 said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

1-11
HaHaHa...I could have predicted that any negative news regarding Baylor, even tennis news, would get you and RD2 out trying to light the old dumpster fire that went out years ago....keep trying boys! I'm sure the BOR did something dastardly behind the scenes to sabotage men's tennis.
BAYLOR IRISHMAN
Boland sent inappropriate messages to a student.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/education/baylor-tennis-coachs-resignation-followed-investigation-of-messages-to-student/article_89d1e078-8c18-53fb-8918-329b2178ba15.amp.html
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BU82EX said:

Stranger said:

Stats97 said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

1-11
HaHaHa...I could have predicted that any negative news regarding Baylor, even tennis news, would get you and RD2 out trying to light the old dumpster fire that went out years ago....keep trying boys! I'm sure the BOR did something dastardly behind the scenes to sabotage men's tennis.
Dude. Besides Mark Hurd and Statman, I'm not real sure I know anyone that went to Baylor that ever gave a **** about tennis. As far as the Baylor Board of Regents go, they are no longer my concern. They can go ahead and finish burning the house down if they would like. I don't care.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Franklins
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BU82EX said:

Stranger said:

Stats97 said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

1-11
Dude. Besides Mark Hurd and Statman, I'm not real sure I know anyone that went to Baylor that ever gave a **** about tennis. As far as the Baylor Board of Regents go, they are no longer my concern. They can go ahead and finish burning the house down if they would like. I don't care.
Isn't our national championship coach still living in Waco and working in private industry? You think Mack is too proud to admit he massively fudged this one up and ask him to come back?
Aliceinbubbleland
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BU82EX said:

Dude. Baylor isn't rolling in National Championships. Having a strong athletic program top to bottom attracts more quality athletes.
Stranger
Franklins said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BU82EX said:

Stranger said:

Stats97 said:

Stranger said:

BUletters said:

1-11
Isn't our national championship coach still living in Waco and working in private industry? You think Mack is too proud to admit he massively fudged this one up and ask him to come back?

Mack ain't exactly tearing it up hiring and firing coaches since he fell into this Baylor gig. When are the fans gonna notice that he aint doing such a great job as AD. He's good at spending other people's money, however. He might be leading the league.
I'm a Bearbacker
PartyBear
Did we ever hire a successor? I see nothing about it.
T-REX
PartyBear said:

Did we ever hire a successor? I see nothing about it.
promoted assistant Michael Woodson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.