Kentucky Derby today (Saturday) at 6 pm Central on NBC (and streaming)

615 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SSadler
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T-Rex, help this novice out here on favorite/odds/gate draw. I only know enough about watching these truly great 4-legged athletes run to talk the sport, but not to KNOW the sport.

Will Tiz the Law get a second jewel today? Belmont Stakes winner is betting favorite (naturally, since it was a strong ride the whole way--took the lead at the stretch turn and opened to 6??? link win on the shorter Belmont Stakes track).

Post time at Churchill Downs is 6:00 pm CENTRAL on NBC. Live coverage all afternoon.

Interesting gate assignments--all three betting odds start beside each other in the far outside gates 16, 17, 18.
Tiz the Law draws gate 17. Odds to win from that far outside gate are somewhere around 800-1 based on NBC site. If I've read these gate draws correctly isn't this extremely rare--to have THREE betting odds side by side with this large a field (record is 22 entries maybe???) and even more astronomically rare that those three drew the far outside three gates?

Baffert's Authentic stands right beside the favorite in gate 18 (far outside) and at 8-1 (second pre-race form pick).

I think I got this right.

SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
moving this to the Premium Board where I hang out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.