Softball season for 2021 is now over.

658 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by longtimebear
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have followed this years team from the very beginning and admittedly it wasn't as good of season as some of the past. But, Crap happens and once again the bears couldn't shake the injuries. This team had many set backs they just weren't good enough to overcome and as the season wound down to the end the bats grew especially cold.

Exit the seniors that have provided some great memories and many disappointments. "Gia" was such a warrior but had some bad breaks with her health. "Taylor" was a gritty, unafraid battler that was always ready to play. "Nicky" was having her best year yet when she had her injury. Don't know if she will get a redshirt or not, I hope so. And finally the "Goose", who never could recapture her amazing freshman season at the plate but boy-o-boy could she play first base.

From the loss of a coach and the near tragic loss of head coach, to continued hassel of a virus that raised it's ugly head, my hat goes off to this fab four who provided so much effort for us that loved watching them play.
Sic em' Lady Bears. Thanks to you all.
blackie
Not familiar with your comment about near tragic loss of head coach. Can you share?
Yogi
Coach Moore is a good guy. Hated to see the season crash and burn on him the way it did.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
longtimebear
blackie said:

Not familiar with your comment about near tragic loss of head coach. Can you share?
I won't officially say he had a heart attack, but he did have to go to the hospital a few weeks back. Did you notice he wasn't coaching at third base for a few games and stayed in the dugout. He had a close call. Perhaps I may have been a little overdramatic but I have had multiple heart attacks myself and it is so borderline how quickly you get help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.