Story Poster

Baylor Soccer Adds Georgetown Transfer to 2021 Roster

May 26, 2021

WACO, Texas – Baylor soccer added Georgetown transfer Alyssa Navarrete to its 2021 fall roster, announced Wednesday by head coach Paul Jobson.

“We are extremely excited to welcome Alyssa to the family,” Jobson said. “She will add a lot of veteran leadership and experience to our team.”

The Chandler, Ariz., native played 18 matches between the pipes for Georgetown. In 2020, Navarrete made 13 starts with 12 saves and led the country in goals against average at 0.25. She won three Big East championships with the Hoyas and is fresh off a Sweet 16 appearance with Georgetown where they fell to TCU in penalty kicks.

The graduate transfer is a former member of the U.S. U-14 National Team and Arizona Olympic Development Program (2013-15). She also suited up for the No. 1 ECNL team in the country, SC Del Sol. 

She joins a 2021 recruiting class that now consists of eight that will see the field for the Bears in the fall.

2021 Baylor Soccer
Ava Colberg
Defender, Frisco, Texas, Memorial High School, Sting FC
Breckyn Monteith
Defender, Charlotte, N.C., South Lake Christian Academy, Charlotte Soccer Academy, Wake Forest
Alyssa Navarrete
Goalkeeper, Chandler, Ariz., Highland High School, Georgetown
Jordan Ryan
Forward, Troy, Michigan, Laurel Springs School, Vardar
Lorelai Stramrood
Defender, Tomball, Texas, Tomball Memorial High School, Challenge SC
Haven Terry
Forward, Missouri City, Texas, Ridge Point High School, Houston Dash
Sophie Wilson
Midfielder/Forward, Ames, Iowa, Ames High School, Iowa Rush
Kate Zimmerman
Defender, Houston, Texas, Clear Lake High School, Albion Hurricanes

Discussion from...

Baylor Soccer Adds Georgetown Transfer to 2021 Roster

1,737 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BluesBear
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this a competitive team for us this year. I know nothing about women's soccer sadly. I'm too busy keeping up with football and basketball. I have always heard that we were pretty good in soccer.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
We didn't make postseason last year or year before, but we have been very competitive like .500. The prior two years before we made elite 8 and even won big 12 tournament in 2017 while in 2018 we won big 12 regular season and made big 12 tournament final. I think this years team could make it back to the ncaa tournament. Last year they didn't because of the tournament size was smaller like 48 teams and not 64. They did get a upset win last year with a 2-0 wins over then number 5 Kansas.. I admit they are young team but talented.
Wichitabear
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

We didn't make postseason last year or year before, but we have been very competitive like .500. The prior two years before we made elite 8 and even won big 12 tournament in 2017 while in 2018 we won big 12 regular season and made big 12 tournament final. I think this years team could make it back to the ncaa tournament. Last year they didn't because of the tournament size was smaller like 48 teams and not 64. They did get a upset win last year with a 2-0 wins over then number 5 Kansas.. I admit they are young team but talented.
Thank you good to hear. If Baylor's name is on the jersey, I want them to win. Thank you again for taking the time to answer me.
BluesBear
LoreLai and Kate Z are tough as nails - Great picks and additions to the team...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.