The Golf facility on University Parks got a hair cut

753 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SSadler
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and looks GREAT.

Since the clubhouse was built, all of the dirtmoving, landscaping equipment (tractors, small trailers, etc) have been parked at the gate on University Parks (the far corner of the green space from the clubhouse, but the first and almost only thing you saw if driving past. The fenceline along University Parks was 10-15 feet depth of Central Texas bush, small trees, weeds. Really a bad look.

This weekend I noticed the entire fenceline had been thinned, weed-eatered (wead-eaten???) and contoured, and now waits for either sod or landscaping chips.

This makes the clubhouse the primary thing you see, beyond all of the manicured greensapce of hitting areas, greens, sandtraps.

This was always the plan; but I'm sure the finishing touches had to wait for "funds available."

Well done, Baylor. It's NOW getting close to the showplace originally intended.
MrGolfguy
SSadler said:

.... The fenceline along University Parks was 10-15 feet depth of Central Texas bush, small trees, weeds.

I always thought they did that purposely for privacy reasons; all the trees/brush made a perfect natural barrier that you couldn't see through.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
SSadler
In the relaxed environs of a practice facility any factor of outside viewing typically would not be a concern. These golfers are used to being watched. And with noisy peripheral environs on many courses. Also, the previous facilty on HIghway 84 was immediately adjacent to and completely open and viewable from the roadway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.