Study shows worrying about virus makes people stupid

2,052 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Canon
Canon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
COVID is making Americans stupid: Study shows worrying about virus leads to people making bad choices and performing poorly on simple cognitive tests

COVID-anxious people were found to perform worse on information processing tests and had a distorted view of risks, according to a study
It was done by McGill University and the Montreal Neurological Institute-Hospital
In all, people got more sensitive to risk and slower at processing information as the pandemic progressed
The study surveyed 1,500 Americans between April and June 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10362429/Study-shows-worrying-COVID-leads-bad-choices-performing-poorly-cognitive-tests.html
ABC BEAR
I for one have been feeling more stupid lately.....anyone else notice a difference in my posts?
midgett
ABC BEAR said:

I for one have been feeling more stupid lately.....anyone else notice a difference in my posts?

We've been trying to keep the data about your stupid posts amongst ourselves. Science.
ABC BEAR
midgett said:

ABC BEAR said:

We've been trying to keep the data about your stupid posts amongst ourselves. Science.
My brain had a cameo appearance in Young Frankenstein as Abbie.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
I remember before people worried about COVID. They were all so smart
Canon
clubhi said:

I remember before people worried about COVID. They were all so smart

Lookie there! First hand evidence the article is correct.
Harrison Bergeron
Much of the fear of covid-19 continues to be irrational and largely driven by incompetence and disinformation. The stuff that the rational people have been saying for two years slowly has been confirmed.
The rational people being the army of white trash that posts spreadsheets here that they can't even understand? The people that use fart analogies while concurrently not understanding basic chemistry? At this point almost everyone is vaccinated and you only have a group of idiots cheering on the mentally ill for actually believing the bull**** they share here.
Whiskey Pete
clubhi said:

The rational people being the army of white trash that posts spreadsheets here that they can't even understand? The people that use fart analogies while concurrently not understanding basic chemistry? At this point almost everyone is vaccinated and you only have a group of idiots cheering on the mentally ill for actually believing the bull**** they share here.
You sound a little more agitated than usual. Did your mobile home get repo'd again?

I bet you believe:

Trump colluded with Russia
Non-vaccinated people are murderers
It was an insurrection
Your wal-mart mask works
Little boys can grow up to fine young women
and
your mom didn't have an affair with manager of your trailer park
Harrison Bergeron
clubhi said:

Can you re-try when you're not drunk?
Harrison Bergeron
This is not a parody account:
https://twitter.com/dianaberrent
It's possible to not believe any of that and be a rational human. Being antivax or encouraging it is something maga stole from the far left. You dumbasses didn't even realize how much you have in common with mouth breathing antifa. All of you are human waste.
Mothra
clubhi said:

It's possible to not believe any of that and be a rational human. Being antivax or encouraging it is something maga stole from the far left. You dumbasses didn't even realize how much you have in common with mouth breathing antifa. All of you are human waste.
You really are a miserable human being to think so little of others.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
lol good one
Mothra
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

lol good one

At least now we know who gave clubhi his blue star.

No surprise you're cool with calling conservatives human waste. You're cool with hateful attacks aimed at those you don't like, as you've proven time and time again.But God forbid if one of them responds in like kind. Such a hypocrite.
jupiter

Canon
You all keep providing more evidence that the study is incredibly accurate. Thanks!
Sachimo
clubhi said:

It's possible to not believe any of that and be a rational human. Being antivax or encouraging it is something maga stole from the far left. You dumbasses didn't even realize how much you have in common
Pretty harsh
Whiskey Pete
clubhi said:

Funny that you bring up human waste considering your nothing but full of *****

You're such a dumbass you don't even realize how much you have in common with the Stasi; you woke clowns are like that. You believe anyone that doesn't hate Trump or voted for him belong in concentration camps or at the very least re-education camps.

You and people like you are nothing but a cancer on America living pathetic little lives constipated with jealousy of those around you that are successful. Now, put down the bong, turn off the video game and go help your mom hitch up your mobile home. It's time for you to move to another trailer park.
Harrison Bergeron
clubhi said:

Can you try again when you're not drunk?
Booray
How is this:

Saying that the vaccines don't work/were unnecessary ignores the fact that the same vaccines likely saved hundreds of thousands of lives vs. Delta. Vax deniers imagine a world where we all just let out natural immunity fend off Covid from the get go. Had we done that, millions more would have died.

Instead, we developed effective vaccines in record time (yea Team Red) and got them in the arms of everyone willing to take them (yea Team Blue). Turns out Omicron is no big deal from a severe illness standpoint. Great, I am happy. That fact, however, does not diminish how important the vaccines were in mitigating Delta.

But politics.
Canon
Booray said:

How is this:

Saying that the vaccines don't work/were unnecessary ignores the fact that the same vaccines likely saved hundreds of thousands of lives vs. Delta. Vax deniers imagine a world where we all just let out natural immunity fend off Covid from the get go. Had we done that, millions more would have died.

Instead, we developed effective vaccines in record time (yea Team Red) and got them in the arms of everyone willing to take them (yea Team Blue). Turns out Omicron is no big deal from a severe illness standpoint. Great, I am happy. That fact, however, does not diminish how important the vaccines were in mitigating Delta.

But politics.

Your claim is unfalsifiable. But good try Nostradamus.
Booray
Canon said:

Booray said:

How is this:

But politics.

Then the reverse would be true.

But my claim is supported by the world's leading epidemiologists and scientists. Your claim is supported by internet memes.

Breakdown the hospitalization and death rates between vaxxed and unvaxexd during Delta, segregated into age groups for apples to apples comparison, and report back.
Harrison Bergeron
Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

How is this:

But politics.

Then the reverse would be true.

But my claim is supported by the world's leading epidemiologists and scientists. Your claim is supported by internet memes.

Breakdown the hospitalization and death rates between vaxxed and unvaxexd during Delta, segregated into age groups for apples to apples comparison, and report back.
It does not seem disputable that vaccines mitigated a lot of potentially serious outcomes. Just because OMNICORN is a less virulent strain does not mean the vaccines are not important. It is not like Delta has been eradicated.
Mothra said:

lol good one

No surprise you're cool with calling conservatives human waste. You're cool with hateful attacks aimed at those you don't like, as you've proven time and time again.But God forbid if one of them responds in like kind. Such a hypocrite.
Conservatives are vaccinated. You are not conservative. You are a gullible loser
Mothra
clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Conservatives are vaccinated. You are not conservative. You are a gullible loser

Poor guy. Let go of the hate and life won't be so miserable for you.
Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Stop making horrible life decisions and life won't be so miserable for your friends and family.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Mothra said:

lol good one

My post "!good one" refers to your shining post. I thought it was hilarious. I dont blue star. You need to practice your mind reading skills.
Mothra

Mothra said:

lol good one

My post "!good one" refers to your shining post. I thought it was hilarious. I dont blue star. You need to practice your mind reading skills.

I know, hypocrite. Like I said, you're cool with hateful personal attacks aimed at those you hate, but god forbid if someone responds in like kind.

Let go of the anger. Life's too short.
Mothra
clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Stop making horrible life decisions and life won't be so miserable for your friends and family.

Still projecting. Well I tried.
Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Still projecting.
spoken like a true antifa
Mothra
clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Still projecting.
spoken like a true antifa
Whiskey Pete
clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

Funny. Between you and Mothra, I would bet my outdoor furniture against your mobile home that he's far from the miserable one.

Whiskey Pete
clubhi said:

Mothra said:

clubhi said:

Mothra said:

lol good one

You should consider that it may a good idea for you to stop projecting so much
Malbec
Can you really rely on the data being accurate? How many of them were already stupid before they started worrying so much about COVID?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.