Brittney Griner Detained In Russia

17,489 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canon
This is on her. Don't bring illegal controlled substances into foreign countries. It demonstrates an incredible sense of entitlement for a pseudo celebrity to think she can get away with that in any foreign country.
Mitch Blood Green
Canon said:

This is on her. Don't bring illegal controlled substances into foreign countries. It demonstrates an incredible sense of entitlement for a pseudo celebrity to think she can get away with that in any foreign country.

You assume that's the case. Russia is notorious for "trumped up" charges.

This is the same Russian that attacked Ukraine to "De Nazify" the country.
Booray
tommie said:

Canon said:

He defaults to an anti-American position.
Aliceinbubbleland
Apparently this was not breaking news but old news.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Maybe she can go tour North Korea next! Here's your sign!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canon
Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Uh-ohhhh….Someone doesn't know what anti-American means.
Booray
Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Automatically believing the russians has not traditionally been an American trait.
Canon
Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Automatically believing the russians has not traditionally been an American trait.

So Russia arrested a professional women's basketball player who was playing for a Russian team (UMMC Ekaterinburg) for 7 years just Willy Nilly as a political statement? To flex their muscles by bringing the 'wildly popular' WNBA to a standstill?That's stupid.

Believing a professional athlete uses drugs and has the arrogance to think she can do what she wants no matter where she goes….that's both rational and very American.
Booray
Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

So Russia arrested a professional women's basketball player who was playing for a Russian team (UMMC Ekaterinburg) for 7 years just Willy Nilly as a political statement? To flex their muscles by bringing the 'wildly popular' WNBA to a standstill?That's stupid.

Believing a professional athlete uses drugs and has the arrogance to think she can do what she wants no matter where she goes….that's both rational and very American.
LOL. pretending Russia just plays it straight while the "denazify" a country to rid it of its Jewish president. Their track record in the athletic arena is a few notches below pristine. russian athletes being banned worldwide wouldn't be a motivation to strike back?

Knowing what I know about Brittney, I would not be stunned if she had weed on her.

Or if the truth is somewhere int he middle.

But I didn't say I believed the Russians or Brittney. I said you default to the anti-American position, which your follow-up confirms. My criticism of you was for automatically siding with the Russians. Those are the words I used. Your incessant war on people who see life differently than you do apparently clouded your ability to discernt the plain English meaning.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Could be worse. I remember that American in Singapore that suffered a government sanctioned beat down by a raton cane in Singapore several years ago.
BearFan33
I'm reading she has been in jail for 3 weeks.

For some vape cartridges wth

Free Brittney!
Canon
Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

LOL. pretending Russia just plays it straight while the "denazify" a country to rid it of its Jewish president. Their track record in the athletic arena is a few notches below pristine. russian athletes being banned worldwide wouldn't be a motivation to strike back?

Knowing what I know about Brittney, I would not be stunned if she had weed on her.

But I didn't say I believed the Russians or Brittney. I said you default to the anti-American position, which your follow-up confirms. My criticism of you was for automatically siding with the Russians. Those are the words I used. Your incessant war on people who see life differently than you do apparently clouded your ability to discernt the plain English meaning.

Backpedal all you like. I'm applying a rational test to a story about a professional athlete accused of bringing drugs into a foreign country. I'd have had the same reaction if it had been Thailand or Singapore or the UAE because I've lived overseas and know the extent to which drug laws are enforced.

This isn't a story about Russia and it's got nothing to do with the war. It's about a spoiled pseudo celebrity and her sense of entitlement. That you tie it to the war is stupid and telling about who the real warmonger here is. I've never said anything about sending US troops to Ukraine.
BellCountyBear
Male or female prison?
Booray
Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Backpedal all you like. I'm applying a rational test to a story about a professional athlete accused of bringing drugs into a foreign country. I'd have had the same reaction if it had been Thailand or Singapore or the UAE because I've lived overseas and know the extent to which drug laws are enforced.

This isn't a story about Russia and it's got nothing to do with the war. It's about a spoiled pseudo celebrity and her sense of entitlement. That you tie it to the war is stupid and telling about who the real warmonger here is. I've never said anything about sending US troops to Ukraine.
I have said something on the subject-I said there is absolutely no way we should do it. So that is a weird point to make.

That you don't understand the difference between Singapore, Thailand or the UAE and Russia is a telling admission. Those countries have super strict drug policies that are evenly, if harshly, enforced. Their is no political agenda in their enforcement as it applies to foreigners. Russia obviously has a history of law enforcement based on agenda and has an outsized motivation at this point to continue that practice. Did they here? I have no idea, and neither do you.
Wrecks Quan Dough
I would get outraged, but Kamala said we voted for this and elections have consequences.
Polo Bear
tommie said:

Canon said:

May I introduce you to the Azov Battalion....
Aliceinbubbleland
Fascinating subject. I see she did not play for her team UMMC Ekaterinburg on February 1 or any more recent games.

Ekaterinburg is absolutely in the middle of nowhere. They probably had no idea Ukraine invasion was coming later that month.

Her team is in a tourney in Munich but the NYT's made it sound like she was arrested ARRIVING in Moscow, not leaving.

Regardless she was a terrific player for us.
Wrecks Quan Dough
OriginalUniversityOfTexas said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

May I introduce you to the Azov Battalion....

The Azov Battalion? Is that like when Putin be lyin' his Azov?
BearFan33
She's not getting much sympathy on social media from what I read. People say she wouldn't stand for the anthem and karma has got her
Sam Lowry
BearFan33 said:

She's not getting much sympathy on social media from what I read. People say she wouldn't stand for the anthem and karma has got her
Ah, that explains it. I knew there had to be some reason why people are curiously blind to Russia's angle on this.
OldBurlyBear86
She is either terribly arrogant, lazy, or stupid to get caught.

Heisting that small of amount of Hash oil is a no brainer...a real no brainer.
quash
Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Comrade Putin thanks you for defense of Mother Russia.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
OldBurlyBear86 said:

I don't believe for a minute this is a honest bust.......the timing is just too convenient .

Suspect her habits were known long ago and Putin had assigned people to watch her.

Hopefully Brittney's release can be arranged quickly .

quash
Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

I don't believe for a minute this is a honest bust.......the timing is just too convenient .

Suspect her habits were known long ago and Putin had assigned people to watch her.

Hopefully Brittney's release can be arraigned quickly .

Getting Americans out of trouble in foreign countries was one of President Trump's strong points. We'll see how she fares under this administration.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

I don't believe for a minute this is a honest bust.......the timing is just too convenient.

I read this happened prior to the invasion of Ukraine.
Canada2017
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

I don't believe for a minute this is a honest bust.......the timing is just too convenient.

I read this happened prior to the invasion of Ukraine.
Maybe....doesn't alter my opinion .

Russian police no doubt knew her habits long ago.

A 'card' to play when needed .
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

Getting Americans out of trouble in foreign countries was one of President Trump's strong points. We'll see how she fares under this administration.

I believe Biden will get her out within a couple of weeks .
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

AOC and the woke brigade to the rescue....
Canada2017
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

Certainly could be a contributing factor in Biden's motivation .

In any case ...an American citizen is being held under very questionable circumstances by a ruthless regime and deserves the aid of the US government .

Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

In any case ...an American citizen is being held under very questionable circumstances by a ruthless regime and deserves the aid of the US government .

Until the past 15 months, there would have been a lot less doubt she would receive it.
Canada2017
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

Until the past 15 months, there would have been a lot less doubt she would receive it.
Disagree

Under these circumstances I believe both administrations would/will do their best to help this American citizen.

But its really all up to Putin.

Brittney's release won't be free.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

Disagree

Under these circumstances I believe both administrations would/will do their best to help this American citizen.

I hope you are right. Afghanistan suggests you are wrong.
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

Comrade Putin thanks you for defense of Mother Russia.

I always knew you two were close. Makes so much sense now.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

OldBurlyBear86 said:

Disagree

Thank you Canadian for your voice of reason on this subjecr.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.