Hunter Biden Investigation

5,332 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More of a priority than investigating why the Saudi's gave Jared $2,000,000,000.00 to manage?

Yes or no.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
On this board yes.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Wangchung
Did Jared smoke crack and do that deal in secret while kicking half to his father?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
People get the government they deserve. This thread and its cheerleaders are proof positive that we don't deserve much.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
So, are you bothered that there's in investigation to Hunter? Should they stop the investigation into Hunter and instead investigate someone else?

Don't quite know the point of this thread other than you don't like the hunter biden investigation
Booray
I said nothing about stopping the Hunter Biden investigation.

I am pointing out that the Kushner situation is much, much more alarming. Kushner actually worked at the White House where is portfolio included Mid-East policy. Our policy under Jared and his Father-in-law was incredibly generous to the Saudis. The Saudis then make a huge investment despite their own admission that Jared does not appear to have the expertise to be a fund manager. At the same time, the Saudis appear to be working to undermine the current administration.

If one is concerned about Hunter Biden's ethics and their potential impact on American policy, one should be more concerned about this deal, full stop and without deflection.
Wangchung
Kushner is easily as qualified as Hunter for the position (sans the crack addiction) and Kushner didn't have anyone threatening to withhold a billion in aid unless a prosecutor was fired in order to protect him.
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

People get the government they deserve. This thread and its cheerleaders are proof positive that we don't deserve much.
You may not deserve much but I do!

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

I am pointing out that the Kushner situation is much, much more alarming. Kushner actually worked at the White House where is portfolio included Mid-East policy. Our policy under Jared and his Father-in-law was incredibly generous to the Saudis. The Saudis then make a huge investment despite their own admission that Jared does not appear to have the expertise to be a fund manager. At the same time, the Saudis appear to be working to undermine the current administration.

If one is concerned about Hunter Biden's ethics and their potential impact on American policy, one should be more concerned about this deal, full stop and without deflection.
Well, we may be on the same page because I feel that the rioters, arsonists, assaulters, murderers and vandals should be investigated as rigorously as the idiots that went into the capital building.

I also think we should investigate the interaction of biden with Ukranian Prez when he threatened to withhold billion+ unless the prosecutor investigating his son was fired. At least investigate half as much as the Trump phone call.

I'd throw in investigate the media collusion with the dnc and biden half as much as the Trump Russian collusion
whitetrash
Booray said:

At the same time, the Saudis appear to be working to undermine the current administration.

The current administration appears to be doing a fine job of this on its own, without any help from the Saudis.
Gold Tron
whitetrash said:

Booray said:

At the same time, the Saudis appear to be working to undermine the current administration.

The current administration appears to be doing a fine job of this on its own, without any help from the Saudis.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

No it's not.

The Hunter Biden documents point to direct involvement by our president, the big guy.

You're also glaring over the fact that Biden was VP for 8 years and a politician since 1971. Trump had 4 years. The capacity for corruption is much higher if the Biden's have been involved with illegal backdoor deals under Joe's long history in office.
riflebear
Booray said:

More of a priority than investigating why the Saudi's gave Jared $2,000,000,000.00 to manage?

Yes or no.

Go research how many hours the Trump kids had to spend in front of investigators for the bogus made up taxpayer waisted Russia collusion hoax. I'm not defending them but quit doing Dem tactics 101 and trying to deflect from the Biden crime family investigation.

HuMcK
riflebear said:

Booray said:

Yes or no.

Go research how many hours the Trump kids had to spend in front of investigators for the bogus made up taxpayer waisted Russia collusion hoax. I'm not defending them but quit doing Dem tactics 101 and trying to deflect from the Biden crime family investigation.

The answer is none. No one with the last name Trump or Kushner was ever interviewed or questioned in person by Mueller's kid-gloves investigation (or any other one, so far).
Wangchung
No, they were forced to testify for other reasons. https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2022-04-01/jared-kushner-testifies-before-january-six-panel-6-hours-5549561.html
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You may not deserve much but I do!

What up Dog? Where have you been?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Booray
What a bunch of hypocrisy.

Investigate Hunter Biden until the cows come home. But do the same to Jared Kushner. The idea that we should look away from $2,000,000,000.00 in assets going to Kushner's control from a country he personally protected for four years in an official role is just ridiculous. It is graft on the largest scale ever..
Robert Wilson
I'd like to know how so many politicians appear to get rich while having jobs that make 200-300k per year. I'm coming to the conclusion that a large % of them are crooks.

Frankly, there is no other rational reason to run for office and work that hard for that salary if you are a person with options. Easiest answer is most of them use their positions for grift.

Hell, I just checked. It's under 200k.
Wangchung
Booray said:

Investigate Hunter Biden until the cows come home. But do the same to Jared Kushner. The idea that we should look away from $2,000,000,000.00 in assets going to Kushner's control from a country he personally protected for four years in an official role is just ridiculous. It is graft on the largest scale ever..
Your apples will never be oranges.
EatMoreSalmon
Booray said:

IIRC, Hunter's control of funds was in billions as well. What he received directly was in millions.

It's a tough deal to dictate what a former official does after leaving office. Quick access to cushy employment or financial deals is shady, but how do you keep someone from being hired based on their past resume? Limit the financial gain? Place a "no deals" time period after office? I'm not sure what that would look like, but it would be a lot safer if our officials were not getting quid pro quo deals after leaving office.

Now as to using family members to skirt rules of Congress and US law for selling influence while in office, that needs to have a high burden of proof (such as setting up meetings with US officials the family member would have no other reason to have access to, large payments to the Congress member) in order to avoid a "family member" penalty on normal business dealings.

Kushner deserves pushback on his deal for the optics and potential for quid pro quo. He should have to answer some questions about the deal whether it is deemed legal or not. If it potentially breaks US law, then it needs investigation.

Hunter deserves the investigation he is getting if he truly skirted tax laws on his received gifts and funds. He and Joe Biden deserve investigation if it is apparent that Hunter sold his dad's influence and Joe benefitted from that.

I'd rather see these kinds of issues hit a courtroom rather than the floor of the Congress. Congress will just turn this kind of investigation into a public circus. It's a shame so many of our fellow Americans buy into the Congressional investigation dog and pony show.
riflebear
HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Yes or no.

The answer is none. No one with the last name Trump or Kushner was ever interviewed or questioned in person by Mueller's kid-gloves investigation (or any other one, so far).

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr-spent-hours-house-committee-bickered-comparison/story?id=51635880
BearFan33
I'm down for investigating them both, but only by a nonbiased DOJ/FBI. But of course we wont see that.

Even before Trump came down the escalator only one side has been vigorously investigated/entrapped while the other side get evidence of their wrongdoing suppressed/destroyed.
Booray
Wangchung said:

Booray said:

You are 100% correct there, because Kushner sold himself while he and his father-in-law were in office and Hunter sold himself while he and his father were private citizens,
Booray
EatMoreSalmon said:

Booray said:

IIRC, Hunter's control of funds was in billions as well. What he received directly was in millions.

It's a tough deal to dictate what a former official does after leaving office. Quick access to cushy employment or financial deals is shady, but how do you keep someone from being hired based on their past resume? Limit the financial gain? Place a "no deals" time period after office? I'm not sure what that would look like, but it would be a lot safer if our officials were not getting quid pro quo deals after leaving office.

Now as to using family members to skirt rules of Congress and US law for selling influence while in office, that needs to have a high burden of proof (such as setting up meetings with US officials the family member would have no other reason to have access to, large payments to the Congress member) in order to avoid a "family member" penalty on normal business dealings.

Kushner deserves pushback on his deal for the optics and potential for quid pro quo. He should have to answer some questions about the deal whether it is deemed legal or not. If it potentially breaks US law, then it needs investigation.

Hunter deserves the investigation he is getting if he truly skirted tax laws on his received gifts and funds. He and Joe Biden deserve investigation if it is apparent that Hunter sold his dad's influence and Joe benefitted from that.

I'd rather see these kinds of issues hit a courtroom rather than the floor of the Congress. Congress will just turn this kind of investigation into a public circus. It's a shame so many of our fellow Americans buy into the Congressional investigation dog and pony show.
Common ground.
Gold Tron
Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

You are 100% correct there, because Kushner sold himself while he and his father-in-law were in office and Hunter sold himself while he and his father were private citizens,
A Senator is a private citizen and not a public servant?
HuMcK
My mistake, Don Jr got called in to testify before Devin Nunes' Intel Committee, where the committee chair had his back and Republicans tailored their questions to try and help him out. He actually testified to the Senate as well, and they sent a criminal referral (for him, Kushner, Bannon, and Erik Prince) to DoJ because he lied, but his dad's crony controlled the DoJ, so...
contrario
Booray said:

Agreed. The first sentence in this thread implying one is more of a priority than the other is what may have detailed this thread from the start. With that said, they should both be a high priority. But don't fret, I would imagine that anything implicating the prior administration will be a high-priority for the current administration. I think the reason a lot of people bring up the Hunter Biden situation is because a) Biden is currently president and b) the Biden administration is unlikely to launch an investigation into another Biden.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Sounds like you pissed that the truth is starting to come out about Old Joe and Hunter.
Booray
Gold Tron said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Joe Biden was last a US Senator in 2008.
quash
Wangchung said:

Kushner is easily as qualified as Hunter for the position (sans the crack addiction) and Kushner didn't have anyone threatening to withhold a billion in aid unless a prosecutor was fired in order to protect him.

That is a well known misrepresentation of what occurred. Ask the two dozen Republican congressmen who supported the request.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Sounds like you pissed that the truth is starting to come out about Old Joe and Hunter.

How many times, how many ways do I have to say it?

Hunter Biden should be fully investigated. Can. I be any clearer for you?
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Joe Biden too?
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Gold Tron said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Joe Biden was last a US Senator in 2008.
I guess he's a private citizen if he's Vice President then?
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Booray said:

Joe Biden too?

Wherever it leads.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Booray said:

Common ground.
The media covered up Hunter's laptop and downplayed his financial dealings, along with what appears to be involvement with Joe.

Just a few weeks ago it was confirmed legitimate by the same people had previously called it Russian disinformation (NYT & cohorts), including several IC members.

The cabal responsible for how that went down is a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger deal and alarming than potential Kushner issues. It swayed an election and now the can is being kicked until it's all swept under the rug.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.