Hunter Biden Investigation

5,415 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
JXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jupiter said:

I assume Nassim Nicholas Taleb was equally outraged over people talking about Trump's tweets while millions of people were dying around the world.
Mothra
contrario said:

Booray said:

I said nothing about stopping the Hunter Biden investigation.

I am pointing out that the Kushner situation is much, much more alarming. Kushner actually worked at the White House where is portfolio included Mid-East policy. Our policy under Jared and his Father-in-law was incredibly generous to the Saudis. The Saudis then make a huge investment despite their own admission that Jared does not appear to have the expertise to be a fund manager. At the same time, the Saudis appear to be working to undermine the current administration.

If one is concerned about Hunter Biden's ethics and their potential impact on American policy, one should be more concerned about this deal, full stop and without deflection.
Agreed. The first sentence in this thread implying one is more of a priority than the other is what may have detailed this thread from the start. With that said, they should both be a high priority. But don't fret, I would imagine that anything implicating the prior administration will be a high-priority for the current administration. I think the reason a lot of people bring up the Hunter Biden situation is because a) Biden is currently president and b) the Biden administration is unlikely to launch an investigation into another Biden.
And c) we have a media that was complicit in burying the Hunter Biden story in order to get his dad elected.

One can bet that if Kushner did something untoward, the media will be all over it.
Mothra
Booray said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I told you so.

I get called a partisan hack in the echo chamber all the time. Yet, the mud slingers are the one who just can't take the idea of investigating their golden cow or his family.
You are one of the more reasonable left of center posters on this board, so let's stop with the "woe is me" shtick. It's not like you're Huck or LIQR, deranged by all things Trump.

But I do think your post is severely lacking in perspective. Let's be clear - we have a Republican admin that has been under "investigation" since before the man took office. And even though that first multi-year investigation turned up diddly squat, the man is STILL under investigation, by the State of New York, the New York DA, the State of Georgia, the DOJ and Congress. So when you suggest there should be yet another investigation of the Trump admin in the interest of "fairness" when the media and your fellow Democrats buried the Hunter Biden story in an effort to get Biden elected, you probably need to keep that in perspective before labeling conservatives hypocrites for not being gung ho about yet another investigation when Hunter Biden (and his dad) continue to skate.
Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

I get called a partisan hack in the echo chamber all the time. Yet, the mud slingers are the one who just can't take the idea of investigating their golden cow or his family.
You are one of the more reasonable left of center posters on this board, so let's stop with the "woe is me" shtick. It's not like you're Huck or LIQR, deranged by all things Trump.

But I do think your post is severely lacking in perspective. Let's be clear - we have a Republican admin that has been under "investigation" since before the man took office. And even though that first multi-year investigation turned up diddly squat, the man is STILL under investigation, by the State of New York, the New York DA, the State of Georgia, the DOJ and Congress. So when you suggest there should be yet another investigation of the Trump admin in the interest of "fairness" when the media and your fellow Democrats buried the Hunter Biden story in an effort to get Biden elected, you probably need to keep that in perspective before labeling conservatives hypocrites for not being gung ho about yet another investigation when Hunter Biden (and his dad) continue to skate.
I have been pretty clear-Hunter Biden should be investigated (and I believe he is being investigated). But to the extent his activities were buried, I am just as offended by that.

As to the continuing and continual investigations of Trump and his family, there are two ways to look at it. One, there are continuing and continual reasons to investigate them and him, because they are uniquely corrupt. Two, they are not uniquely corrupt as far as politicians go, but they are uniquely open about there corruptness-they just don't play the game like all the corrupt politicians before them.

Regardless of what went on before, the fact that Trump treated the Saudis wit kid gloves, that Kushner was the architect and instrument of that policy, and that Kushner got a big payday out of it deserves attention.
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

I have been pretty clear-Hunter Biden should be investigated (and I believe he is being investigated). But to the extent his activities were buried, I am just as offended by that.

As to the continuing and continual investigations of Trump and his family, there are two ways to look at it. One, there are continuing and continual reasons to investigate them and him, because they are uniquely corrupt. Two, they are not uniquely corrupt as far as politicians go, but they are uniquely open about there corruptness-they just don't play the game like all the corrupt politicians before them.

Regardless of what went on before, the fact that Trump treated the Saudis wit kid gloves, that Kushner was the architect and instrument of that policy, and that Kushner got a big payday out of it deserves attention.
You should be offended that the social media autocrats and print media failed to perform their jobs by burying a story that any reasonable investigation would have shown had legs. Instead, they dismissed the story outright as false, and banned anyone from discussing it. You should be offended at the amount of tax dollars that went to a Russian collusion investigation that likewise ended up a total fabrication, bought and paid for by the Clintons. You should be offended by the govt. using its power to perform political witch hunts using the full measure of the law. Those things should be offensive to any American, regardless of political beliefs.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with investigating whether Kushner's deals were on the up and up. But some accountability for Democrats (and not just the Bidens, but the Clintons and Kerrys as well) that have been compensated for similar consulting work should also be on the table. When it's one side that has been doing all of the investigating and retribution, and the other side's conduct has been buried, that should be offensive.
Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

You should be offended that the social media autocrats and print media failed to perform their jobs by burying a story that any reasonable investigation would have shown had legs. Instead, they dismissed the story outright as false, and banned anyone from discussing it. You should be offended at the amount of tax dollars that went to a Russian collusion investigation that likewise ended up a total fabrication, bought and paid for by the Clintons. You should be offended by the govt. using its power to perform political witch hunts using the full measure of the law. Those things should be offensive to any American, regardless of political beliefs.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with investigating whether Kushner's deals were on the up and up. But some accountability for Democrats (and not just the Bidens, but the Clintons and Kerrys as well) that have been compensated for similar consulting work should also be on the table. When it's one side that has been doing all of the investigating and retribution, and the other side's conduct has been buried, that should be offensive.
As usual, nothing is good enough except a complete capitulation on every point ever. To which, I am guessing the gracious reply would be "I told you so."

It does look like that the MSM blew the Hunter Biden story. Shame on them.

The idea that "Russian collusion" was a total fabrication is not something that I remotely accept. Robert Mueller did a workmanlike job and concluded that he could not prove a crime. It is evident, however, that Trump's campaign coordinated with the Russians and would have been more than happy to "collude" with an adversary if it benefited Trump. He repeated that pattern in Ukraine. He then orchestrated a campaign against our core value that ended in him either instigating or condoning a riot that put the lives of elected leaders at risk and encouraged mob rule. Every dime spent investigating him was appropriate. .
Wangchung
Yeah, they merely "blew" the story and didn't intentionally hide it.
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

As usual, nothing is good enough except a complete capitulation on every point ever. To which, I am guessing the gracious reply would be "I told you so."

The idea that "Russian collusion" was a total fabrication is not something that I remotely accept. Robert Mueller did a workmanlike job and concluded that he could not prove a crime. It is evident, however, that Trump's campaign coordinated with the Russians and would have been more than happy to "collude" with an adversary if it benefited Trump. He repeated that pattern in Ukraine. He then orchestrated a campaign against our core value that ended in him either instigating or condoning a riot that put the lives of elected leaders at risk and encouraged mob rule. Every dime spent investigating him was appropriate. .
Complete capitulation? LOL. Nah. Instead I would recommend not being so easily offended and so damn sensitive when a conservative is not gung ho when you suggest yet another Trump investigation when your own party has actively concealed and skated on the Biden story with the media's help. If there was ever an example of a poster pointing to the speck in others' eyes while ignoring the plank in his own, it's that.

But I do appreciate your one-line condemnation of the MSM "blowing" the Hunter Biden story (more like, actively burying and concealing) in the lengthy diatribe against Trump collusion, for which there was no evidence sufficient to prosecute.

Let me know when they find something that Kushner did that was likewise illegal.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

The media didn't "blow it" regarding the laptop story. They intentionally buried it. Frankly, there needs to be an investigation into collusion of the media, big tech, the dnc and the joe biden campaign. The media and big tech did everything they could to influence an election.
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

I told you so.

The media didn't "blow it" regarding the laptop story. They intentionally buried it. Frankly, there needs to be an investigation into collusion of the media, big tech, the dnc and the joe biden campaign. The media and big tech did everything they could to influence an election.
Here is the timeline as the WP explains it:

12/09/2019-FBI takes the laptop via subpoena, repair shop owner keeps a copied hard drive.
02/05/2020-Trump impeachment trial concludes; during trial shop owner tries to get congressmen/women to take a look at his copied hard drive, gets no response
08/26/2020-shop owner gets copy of the hard drive to Giuliani
10/12/2020-NY Post begins running stories based on hard drive contents, which Giuliani says he gave to the NY Post.
10/13/2020-WP (and likely every other media outlet in the world) asks New York Post for access to the copied hard drive
06/--/2021- WP gets a copy of the hard drive
03/30/2022-WP confirms authenticity of messages

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

I don't know why the FBI could not have verified the contents in the almost year it had the actual hard drive. Maybe someone should ask Bill Barr and Christopher Wray that. But reminder here-neither Joe Biden nor the DNC had anything to do with the FBI leadership at that point; it was all Trump's show.

I don't know which reps/senators the shop owner contacted, but I would be stunned if there were no GOP folks contacted. If GOP reps/senators were contacted and did not follow-up it is hard to see how the DNC and Joe Biden are "burying things."

It is also hard to see how DNC/Big Media and Biden are responsible for not confirming the New York Post stories in the 2 and a half weeks before the election if they had no access to the source document.

I will say that Twitter treating the story as disinformation strikes me as wrong.
EatMoreSalmon
You should also see how calling it Russian disinformation without any evidence should raise concern.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
All Trump's show? The FBI and DOJ actually spied on candidate Trump. The FBI was instructed by the upper echelon of the Democratic Party / Deep State to take down Trump and/ or obfuscate. Why this behavior by the FBI is acceptable to anyone, including yourself, is beyond me.

It appears this mission of the FBI has not changed. They should be disbanded. They no longer serve the best interests of the American people. They are corrupt and I don't think it is fixable at this point.
Booray
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

All Trump's show? The FBI and DOJ actually spied on candidate Trump. The FBI was instructed by the upper echelon of the Democratic Party / Deep State to take down Trump and/ or obfuscate. Why this behavior by the FBI is acceptable to anyone, including yourself, is beyond me.

It appears this mission of the FBI has not changed. They should be disbanded. They no longer serve the best interests of the American people. They are corrupt and I don't think it is fixable at this point.
Its like people forget that Trump was president for four years. If the FBI was corrupt when Trump took power and he found out about it almost immediately, the idea that it was still corrupt four years later falls on him.

While I don't buy into your narrative factually; it is also illogical.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Yeah. The corrupt FBI is all on Trump. Got it.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
HuMcK
EatMoreSalmon said:

You should also see how calling it Russian disinformation without any evidence should raise concern.

"Without any evidence"

Here's a photo of Rudy Giuliani "investigating" Hunter Biden with information provided to him by Andreii Derkach (the other guy in the pic). That photo is from December 2019, which you might recognize from Booray's timeline is right around when the blind mac repair shop owner came into possession of the the laptop and gave it to (Trump's) FBI. Derkach would subsequently become sanctioned by the State Department for being a Russian intelligence agent.

So, literally the same time as Rudy was palling around with Russian spooks in Ukraine (don't forget Parnas and Fruman's involvement in the scheme, both subsequently arrested for giving Russian money to Republicans, after they got the ambassador to Ukraine fired), the blind guy who can't pick someone out of a lineup or positively ID anyone gets handed this perfect dataset that exactly matches what Rudy says he found/was looking for. This being the second time leaked information formed the central pillar of Trump's campaign...

The photo is from Derkach's press office, released knowing full well that US Trump supporters will refuse to look at or believe any evidence of what they were doing in broad daylight. 2 things can be true simultaneously, 1) the data is real, and 2) it is an obvious Russian info-op.

EatMoreSalmon
Keep digging. You will reach the other side of reality some day.
Harrison Bergeron
The problem continues to be the double standard employed by most of what passes as "journalism" today. The left-wing press ran with every possible Trump rumor as if it was fact, so spare me the b.s. about needing to verify the legitimacy of the story. I am not sure anything the left wing press claimed about Trump was true from the Russia hoax to peeing hookers to disrespecting veterans. Yet, they ran with it as true until proven false. The intentional and coordinated suppression of a story of a potential president being owned by Russia and China was a malfeasance of duty and an actual attack on democracy.
Doc Holliday
4th and Inches
Doc Holliday said:

Found the 10%
Doc Holliday
JXL
These media outlets saying they had to "verify" Hunter Biden's laptop - did they verify the Steele dossier before running dozens of stories about it?
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.