Deconstructing from Fundamental Christianity

64,796 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

JXL said:

BaylorJacket said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I probably shouldn't comment here but I'll try and tone it down. I was born before WWII, by months. We attended a Baptist or a Deciples of Christ church depending which town we lived in.

I sang Jesus Loves Me because my momma told me so. At Baylor I joined 7th and James but never really attended during my freshman year and hardly thereafter. At the time of my marriage I joined the Episcopal Church because my wife's family had generations in that Church.

Our children were cradle Episcopals. They attended Episcopal Schools. I cannot ever recall any conversations about religion other that at Christmas and Easter from childhood through today. None of our children nor the grandkids attend services.

I had a near fatal illness decades ago and I prayed every day. It gave me comfort. But in the end I find discussions like the ones above where "if you don't believe like I do..." leave me cold. If everyone could just practice the basic principle of all religions it would help the world. I'm a big believer in rules.

Never ever accepted Virgin Birth, nor parting of Red Sea, Johna and the Whale was to scare kids.

Most on here porbably think I'm headed straight for their version of hell. I'm happy thinking I was born here in the USA by evolution. A great topic for another day.

Thank you for your post! Seems like you have a very interesting path to get where you are haha.

I actually have been researching the topic of Jesus qualities in historical gods, and I agree with you: the virgin birth was taken from other stories/cultures:
HORUS
An Egyptian-Sudanese God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA
A Nepal God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 563 YEARS before Jesus.

KRISHNA
An Indian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 900 YEARS before Jesus.

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 800 YEARS before Jesus.

MITHRA
A Persian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin- 600 YEARS before Jesus.

DIONYSUS
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 500 YEARS before Jesus.

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 400 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

ADONIS
A Phoenician God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

This list is completely wrong. None of the deities listed were traditionally born on December 25, and I don't know of any who were said to have been born of virgins.

A few examples of the blatant errors in the list: Buddha waa not considered a "god," was born into a wealthy family but no tradition ever says he was born of a virgin, and his birthday is celebrated in April or May (depending on the country).

Krishna was born to Devaki and her husband, Vasudeva, of the Yadava clan in Mathura, but no tradition says Devaki was a virgin. His birthday is celebrated in August.

Zarathustra also is not a god but the founder of Zoroastrianism, which worships Ahura Mazda, the Lord of Wisdom. No tradition places his birthdate as December 25 or says he was born of a virgin - in fact, he had two older brothers.
Now now, don't let facts get in the way of his whimsical apostasy journey that he decided he needs an audience for.

And what is an apostate without their false equivalency and straw man claims?

Ursus Americanus, my favorite brother in Christ, that is too kind of you to say. You have brought an incredibly insightful perspective to this conversation - thank you.
Jacket, my cliche bore of a heretic, you're not fooling anyone.

The apostate playbook is a predictable yawn, the attempt to rebrand it as deconstruction isn't anymore inspiring than the more honest approach.

By your logic you have an apostate as your profile picture lol. Dave Aranda is an active reader of Richard Rohr, who teaches the Cosmic/Universal Christ theory - something that is about as progressive Christianity as you can get before hitting agnosticism.

Side note, Richard Rohr's Universal Christ is a great read.
Weak deflection from a weak mind.

Rooting for Aranda as a football coach has nothing to do with his reading list.

And yes, Richard Rohr is a pantheist heretic that denies the divinity of Christ or the existence of sin, little surprise you find him compelling.

He's along with Rachel Hollis and Jen Hatmaker are the chief purveyors of the Enneagram fad that dupes people looking for a mystic excuse to take a goofy personality test and pretend it means something.

Resulting to personal attacks on my mind? You radiate the love of Christ lol (plus dissing my intelligence is also a knock on Baylor… we need to find some common ground and keep that green & gold untarnished)

You sound like an intelligent and well spoken guy who is confident in your religious beliefs. I genuinely mean it when I say that's awesome.
You're defaming Christ and being called out as a heretic, if that's a personal affront to you then don't be a heretic.

Everything alleged about your cliche apostasy has been demonstrated by you in spades.

Apostates are such self important bores.

I'll root for Baylor sports with you but I won't pretend you're a compelling theologian with edifying perspectives on Christendom.

One "Christian's" heretic is another "Christian's" sage. It depends on what you believe about Christianity. I don't recall, in any version of Christianity, that it is Christlike to call someone names or otherwise insult them. Seems to me it call's into question such self professed adherent's authenticity.
A fool can call himself a Christian or a "deconstructionist" or any other disingenuous and asinine label they think will hoodwink an equally undiscerning fool.

I'm not interested in your non Christian interpretation of what is "Christ like" given you don't even know who He is.

Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

Then why the coverups. The Church is made up of the people, and they are the one's who direct the Church's official actions. Monsanto is responsible for mesothelioma. Tobacco companies are responsible for lung cancer in certain instances. People in those organizations are culpable as is the overall organization for putting them in positions of authority. The Church corporation, the people in church authority, and the members make up the Church and are to varying degrees responsible.
I will agree that coverups happen in many organizations. The fact that they happen in the Church is both infuriating and embarrassing. It certainly demonstrates how broken mankind is.

Having said that, covering up sins is not taught by the magisterium. I pray, everyday (literally) that those that covered up any abuse are removed from the Church and are brought justice.

There are many good people in the Church that do expose improprieties.
LIB,MR BEARS
Coke Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Not really. The U.S. used science to end what would have cost more lives if it continued.
So it's OK to kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians to save Americans lives?
TexasScientist said:

The Church is responsible for the Canadian atrocity.
No the Church is not responsible. People in the church are culpable of these crimes. The Church never condones violence to the innocent.

This doesn't sound like someone waging war

" And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus answered and said, "Permit even this." And He touched his ear and healed him."
Luke 22:50-51 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Luke%2022:50-51&version=NKJV
Forgive my ignorance; however, I do not understand the context of your post.
You said, "No the Church is not responsible. People in the church are culpable of these crimes. The Church never condones violence to the innocent." I was simply providing support.

We, as Christians, should strive to be more Christ-like. Christ could have called down legions of angels but rather than doing that, he healed someone coming against him. Certainly a far cry from what TS was attributing to the church.

If you were inside my head, it would have made complete sense. You'd also have heard an echo.
LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

JXL said:

BaylorJacket said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I probably shouldn't comment here but I'll try and tone it down. I was born before WWII, by months. We attended a Baptist or a Deciples of Christ church depending which town we lived in.

I sang Jesus Loves Me because my momma told me so. At Baylor I joined 7th and James but never really attended during my freshman year and hardly thereafter. At the time of my marriage I joined the Episcopal Church because my wife's family had generations in that Church.

Our children were cradle Episcopals. They attended Episcopal Schools. I cannot ever recall any conversations about religion other that at Christmas and Easter from childhood through today. None of our children nor the grandkids attend services.

I had a near fatal illness decades ago and I prayed every day. It gave me comfort. But in the end I find discussions like the ones above where "if you don't believe like I do..." leave me cold. If everyone could just practice the basic principle of all religions it would help the world. I'm a big believer in rules.

Never ever accepted Virgin Birth, nor parting of Red Sea, Johna and the Whale was to scare kids.

Most on here porbably think I'm headed straight for their version of hell. I'm happy thinking I was born here in the USA by evolution. A great topic for another day.

Thank you for your post! Seems like you have a very interesting path to get where you are haha.

I actually have been researching the topic of Jesus qualities in historical gods, and I agree with you: the virgin birth was taken from other stories/cultures:
HORUS
An Egyptian-Sudanese God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA

KRISHNA

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES

MITHRA

DIONYSUS

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 400 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES

ADONIS
A Phoenician God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

This list is completely wrong. None of the deities listed were traditionally born on December 25, and I don't know of any who were said to have been born of virgins.

A few examples of the blatant errors in the list: Buddha waa not considered a "god," was born into a wealthy family but no tradition ever says he was born of a virgin, and his birthday is celebrated in April or May (depending on the country).

Krishna was born to Devaki and her husband, Vasudeva, of the Yadava clan in Mathura, but no tradition says Devaki was a virgin. His birthday is celebrated in August.

Zarathustra also is not a god but the founder of Zoroastrianism, which worships Ahura Mazda, the Lord of Wisdom. No tradition places his birthdate as December 25 or says he was born of a virgin - in fact, he had two older brothers.
Now now, don't let facts get in the way of his whimsical apostasy journey that he decided he needs an audience for.

Ursus Americanus, my favorite brother in Christ, that is too kind of you to say. You have brought an incredibly insightful perspective to this conversation - thank you.

The apostate playbook is a predictable yawn, the attempt to rebrand it as deconstruction isn't anymore inspiring than the more honest approach.

By your logic you have an apostate as your profile picture lol. Dave Aranda is an active reader of Richard Rohr, who teaches the Cosmic/Universal Christ theory - something that is about as progressive Christianity as you can get before hitting agnosticism.

And yes, Richard Rohr is a pantheist heretic that denies the divinity of Christ or the existence of sin, little surprise you find him compelling.

He's along with Rachel Hollis and Jen Hatmaker are the chief purveyors of the Enneagram fad that dupes people looking for a mystic excuse to take a goofy personality test and pretend it means something.

Resulting to personal attacks on my mind? You radiate the love of Christ lol (plus dissing my intelligence is also a knock on Baylor… we need to find some common ground and keep that green & gold untarnished)

You sound like an intelligent and well spoken guy who is confident in your religious beliefs. I genuinely mean it when I say that's awesome.
You're defaming Christ and being called out as a heretic, if that's a personal affront to you then don't be a heretic.

Everything alleged about your cliche apostasy has been demonstrated by you in spades.

I'll root for Baylor sports with you but I won't pretend you're a compelling theologian with edifying perspectives on Christendom.

One "Christian's" heretic is another "Christian's" sage. It depends on what you believe about Christianity. I don't recall, in any version of Christianity, that it is Christlike to call someone names or otherwise insult them. Seems to me it call's into question such self professed adherent's authenticity.
"brood of vipers"

"Go tell that fox…"

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces"

"It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

"…you hypocrites!"

"…it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean."

As evidenced by the above quotes, it seems to me you are wrong…. again.

Waco1947
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Deconstructing is a misleading term. We used to more precisely call it apostacy.
They like to make it sound as if they were the victims of their upbringing typically, that some mega church or youth group cliches they endured made the person, work, and worth of Christ and church history invalid.

Because you know, reasons of a secular progressive lens that usually have next to nothing to do with the gospel itself.

While I am sure there are people who mistakenly use the term deconstructing when referring to addressing personal issues with the church, any intellectually honest person knows they are completely separate topics.

The OP was solely about interpreting the Bible and the historical context.
Anyone who doesn't believe in the deity of Christ is not a Christian and is not intellectually honest about being one.

How do you define "deity?" A supernatural being?
Waco1947
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

JXL said:

BaylorJacket said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

HORUS

BUDDHA

KRISHNA

ZARATHUSTRA

HERCULES

MITHRA

DIONYSUS

THAMMUZ

HERMES

ADONIS

"brood of vipers"

"Go tell that fox…"

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces"

"…you hypocrites!"

"…it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean."

These quotes are on the lips of Jesus and John. Are equating your name calling with Jesus' name calling?
Waco1947
Wrecks Quan Dough
Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Deconstructing is a misleading term. We used to more precisely call it apostacy.
They like to make it sound as if they were the victims of their upbringing typically, that some mega church or youth group cliches they endured made the person, work, and worth of Christ and church history invalid.

Because you know, reasons of a secular progressive lens that usually have next to nothing to do with the gospel itself.

While I am sure there are people who mistakenly use the term deconstructing when referring to addressing personal issues with the church, any intellectually honest person knows they are completely separate topics.

Anyone who doesn't believe in the deity of Christ is not a Christian and is not intellectually honest about being one.

If you cannot understand what a woman is, then how could you hope to understand what a supernatural being is?
Ursus Americanus
Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

If such basic concepts about the cosmos defy you then you aren't a Christian.

LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

JXL said:

BaylorJacket said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

HORUS

BUDDHA

KRISHNA

ZARATHUSTRA

HERCULES

MITHRA

DIONYSUS

THAMMUZ

HERMES

ADONIS

"brood of vipers"

"Go tell that fox…"

"…you hypocrites!"

These quotes are on the lips of Jesus and John. Are equating your name calling with Jesus' name calling?
TS stated "I don't recall, in any version of Christianity, that it is Christlike to call someone names or otherwise insult them." I was responding to his statement. Obviously it is okay at times.

It is my understanding that Christ said these things to make a point, strongly. He said these things as a form of rebuke and correction but not out of hatred.

This type of language can be used but it is what is in the heart when it is said that counts as much as the words themselves.

You've been called a false teacher many, many times. Is it because people hate you, or because people hate your teaching?

I'm going to do my best not to judge someone else's heart.
Waco1947
Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

I ask because you use the words. What are the meaning of those words for you in that sentence? I am simply asking for clarity.
Waco1947
Ursus Americanus
Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

I ask because you use the words. What are the meaning of those words for you in that sentence? I am simply asking for clarity.

If you need clarity then you don't know what the words mean and you are not a Christian.

Jesus is God, that is Christianity, there is no other interpretation that is Biblical.
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

If you need clarity then you don't know what the words mean and you are not a Christian.

Jesus is God, that is Christianity, there is no other interpretation that is Biblical.

There's a great book on this topic "Jesus Becoming God" by Bart Ehrman if you are interested in how early Christians interpreted Jesus' divinity.
Wrecks Quan Dough
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

There's a great book on this topic "Jesus Becoming God" by Bart Ehrman if you are interested in how early Christians interpreted Jesus' divinity.
There is a great book in response to Bart Ehrman called "Misrepresenting Jesus: Debunking Bart D. Ehrman's 'Misquoting Jesus'" You can get a copy on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/MISREPRESENTING-JESUS-Debunking-Ehrmans-Misquoting/dp/1949586952/ref=asc_df_1949586952/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=525354630215&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16325647688311116044&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026945&hvtargid=pla-944355780125&psc=1
BaylorJacket
He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

There is a great book in response to Bart Ehrman called "Misrepresenting Jesus: Debunking Bart D. Ehrman's 'Misquoting Jesus'" You can get a copy on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/MISREPRESENTING-JESUS-Debunking-Ehrmans-Misquoting/dp/1949586952/ref=asc_df_1949586952/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=525354630215&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16325647688311116044&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026945&hvtargid=pla-944355780125&psc=1
Thank you for the recommendation! It's always good to get a balanced perspective - I'll add this one to my list
Wrecks Quan Dough
BaylorJacket said:

He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Thank you for the recommendation! It's always good to get a balanced perspective - I'll add this one to my list
I am not interested in balance. I am interested in the Truth as my eternal soul depends me recognizing and responding to the Truth. This is not some phony intellectual exercise as many have made it.
Osodecentx
BaylorJacket said:

He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Be careful. I don't think Ehrman is fair and balanced
BaylorJacket
He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

I am not interested in balance. I am interested in the Truth as my eternal soul depends me recognizing and responding to the Truth. This is not some phony intellectual exercise as many have made it.
I'm interested in the truth as well, but don't want to fall prey to confirmation bias (not saying you are doing that - I have myself in the past with religion).

I wish you the best in your pursuit of Truth
BaylorJacket
Osodecentx said:

BaylorJacket said:

He Hate Me said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Be careful. I don't think Ehrman is fair and balanced
100% agree with you. By balanced, I was referring to reading different authors of different backgrounds and beliefs (and obviously the bible & related sources themselves)

Ehrman is a great historian and brings a lot to the conversation, but he's someone that I have to carefully read and cross-check sources and conclusions
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

I'm not interested in your mystic cherry picked apostate bull*****
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

No, being an impenitent heretic that's pretending to be open minded and truth seeking really isn't.

You're a boring sophist.
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

No, being an impenitent heretic that's pretending to be open minded and truth seeking really isn't.

You're a boring sophist.
Considering that Jesus commanded us to be Fisher of Men, and Plato calls Sophists Fishers of Men, I will take the compliment

Jokes aside though, I personally follow the philosophy of Stoicism which revolves around the Logos of the Universe ... which is pretty much the exact opposite of Sophism.
LIB,MR BEARS
I read a (very) little bit on eastern mysticism. It's not that I want to follow any of it but, when I talk to a friend, relative or coworker that dabbles in it, I want to know what they are talking about so I can point out the errors.

At this time, I have a family member that talks about God and, in the same breath, third eye chakra and spiritualism. It's like she is trying to create her own religious casserole out of all the leftovers she found in the fridge.
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

You're a boring sophist.
Considering that Jesus commanded us to be Fisher of Men, and Plato calls Sophists Fishers of Men, I will take the compliment

Jokes aside though, I personally follow the philosophy of Stoicism which revolves around the Logos of the Universe ... which is pretty much the exact opposite of Sophism.
Considering you're a troll that thinks doubting the deity of Christ is Christian, I'm not particularly interested in what you have to say about the false god you disingenuously call Jesus.

So no, you're very much a sophist.
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

You're a boring sophist.

Considering you're a troll that thinks doubting the deity of Christ is Christian, I'm not particularly interested in what you have to say about the false god you disingenuously call Jesus.

Where are you getting this from lol? I don't doubt the deity of Christ… nor have I ever said that. You twist and cherry picky my words to try to prove your agenda that the concept of deconstruction is wrong.

I have no interest in trolling or misleading anyone here, I genuinely enjoy reading others interpretations and perspectives (which you really haven't provided, but instead just attacked others)

If you point out flaws in my logic or sources, I'm happy to look into it and if needed change my stance
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

You're a boring sophist.

Where are you getting this from lol? I don't doubt the deity of Christ… nor have I ever said that. You twist and cherry picky my words to try to prove your agenda that the concept of deconstruction is wrong.

I have no interest in trolling or misleading anyone here, I genuinely enjoy reading others interpretations and perspectives (which you really haven't provided, but instead just attacked others)

If you point out flaws in my logic or sources, I'm happy to look into it and if needed change my stance
Holy **** you're dishonest. You may fool yourself, the rest of us are far more discerning.
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

He Hate Me said:

You're a boring sophist.

Holy **** you're dishonest.

Could you please show me one post where I've doubted the deity of Christ?

I briefly mentioned the idea of Jesus not either knowing/preaching his divinity which:
1) I don't believe. I believe there is a lot of evidence that he did.
2) Has nothing to do with Christ' actual divinity

Here is a direct copy/paste of that comment:
"I am not questioning Christ's divinity, instead of if Christ knew of his divinity while on earth"
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

ome mega church or youth group cliches they endured made the person, work, and worth of Christ and church history invalid.

You're a boring sophist.

I briefly mentioned the idea of Jesus not either knowing/preaching his divinity which:

"I am not questioning Christ's divinity, instead of if Christ knew of his divinity while on earth"
You started a ****ing thread about deconstructing and made a special effort to give validity to doubting the deity of christ as part of your "Christian" journey.

You're an insufferable apostate with a light weight intellect and no integrity to own your own pseudo intellectual gibberish after you spout it.

It's already been addressed how imbecilic your claim is that God wouldn't know He is God.

You're an absolute ****ing farce.

Just own your apostasy and quit pretending you're thoughtful or scholarly, much less Christian.
BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

ome mega church or youth group cliches they endured made the person, work, and worth of Christ and church history invalid.

You're a boring sophist.

You started a ****ing thread about deconstructing and made a special effort to give validity to doubting the deity of christ as part of your "Christian" journey.

You're an insufferable apostate with a light weight intellect and no integrity to own your own pseudo intellectual gibberish after you spout it.

It's already been addressed how imbecilic your claim is the God wouldn't know He is God.

Just own your apostasy and quit pretending you're thoughtful or scholarly, much less Christian.

So essentially, you couldn't find a source/post where I said that so you result to insults. I'm not pretending to be some expert philosopher or theologian, I very much admit I am new to historical religious studies and theology as a whole.

I hope you find what you need man
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

You're a boring sophist.

It's already been addressed how imbecilic your claim is the God wouldn't know He is God.

So essentially, you couldn't find a source/post where I said that so you result to insults. I'm not pretending to be some expert philosopher or theologian, I very much admit I am new to historical religious studies and theology as a whole.

Man, you're insulting to even remedial intelligence. We've read your own words. No one owes you anything but harsh rebuke for them. Because the only insult is your impenitent blasphemy pretending to be Christian.

You're an intellectual coward that tries to pivot when called out.

What I need is for a sophist and liar such as yourself to learn when to shut up and cease pretending not to be a liar when called out.

BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

You're a boring sophist.

Man, you're insulting to even remedial intelligence. We've read your own words. No one owes you anything but harsh rebuke for them. Because the only insult is your impenitent blasphemy pretending to be Christian.

What I need is for a sophist and liar such as yourself to learn when to shut up and cease pretending not to be a liar when called out.

What a person says reveals what is in their heart. I pray that you are blessed and find love and peace within Christ.
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

You're a boring sophist.

What a person says reveals what is in their heart. I pray that you are blessed and find love and peace within Christ.
When a person publicly blasphemies Christ it is revelatory of their satanic bent for sure, I don't need your false prayers to your false impotent god of self.

You don't know what love and peace are, please quit trying to wear a winsome mask for your treachery, a winsome liar is still from the pit of hell.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TS: "Alan Guth and Stephen Hawking using quantum theory have demonstrated a spontaneously formed universe is plausible, without the need for a creator.".

Actually, what they have done is claim that if a series of assumptions are correct, none of them proven, then within the parameters of their limited description a universe creator outside those parameters is not defined as required ... but something else is.
See my previous post above to Tarp.
Very efficient, using the same excuse twice.

A good example of GIGO as well.
GIGO is a very good example of religious lore and mysticism. Thank you.
Considering the sum effect of religion, from charities to free education to moral compass, a reasonable person would count Faith and Religion as good things.

Explain Manifest Destiny to the natives that were wiped out. The Japanese followed their Emporer because he was devine. Gunbarrel conversions are pretty common. Religion hss been corrupted and used to justify atrocities many times.
You're mixing faith and religion with politics and human nature again.
That's when you get January 6th.

Only if your religion is hating Trump
Poor attempt at deflection. January 6th had anything to do with hating Trump. It had everything to do with trying to overturn an election by extra-constitutional means. People should hate what happened on January 6th, and hold those responsible accountable. To do otherwise does not bode well for democracy.
All this post proves, is that you are a Trump hater.

So you choose fealty to Trump over the Constitution. Using your logic, you would be a hater of democracy and the Constitution.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

JXL said:

BaylorJacket said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

HORUS

BUDDHA

KRISHNA

ZARATHUSTRA

HERCULES

MITHRA

DIONYSUS

THAMMUZ

HERMES

ADONIS

A fool can call himself a Christian or a "deconstructionist" or any other disingenuous and asinine label they think will hoodwink an equally undiscerning fool.

I'm not interested in your non Christian interpretation of what is "Christ like" given you don't even know who He is.

I think I know him as well or better than you.
TexasScientist
Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Then why the coverups. The Church is made up of the people, and they are the one's who direct the Church's official actions. Monsanto is responsible for mesothelioma. Tobacco companies are responsible for lung cancer in certain instances. People in those organizations are culpable as is the overall organization for putting them in positions of authority. The Church corporation, the people in church authority, and the members make up the Church and are to varying degrees responsible.
I will agree that coverups happen in many organizations. The fact that they happen in the Church is both infuriating and embarrassing. It certainly demonstrates how broken mankind is.

Having said that, covering up sins is not taught by the magisterium. I pray, everyday (literally) that those that covered up any abuse are removed from the Church and are brought justice.

There are many good people in the Church that do expose improprieties.
I agree with you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.