Uvalde Shooter was a high school dropout and unemployed.

2,935 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And lived with his grandparents. Where did he get the money to afford two AR-15s? They are not cheap! Might it have been government stimulus money? Enquiring minds want to know.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
Texas elementary school killer Salvador Ramos got job at Wendy's to save up $4,000 for guns | Daily Mail Online

Quote:

The teenage gunman who killed 19 young children at a Texas elementary school worked at Wendy's to save up $4,000 to purchase the guns he used in the massacre.

A former co-worker of Salvador Ramos, 18, described the school shooter as a 'rude, creepy and scruffy' guy who she would keep her distance from because he felt unsafe.

Grace Cruz, also 18, told The Sun she worked with the 'demented' teen at the fast-food chain restaurant in Uvalde, Texas, located just minutes from Robb Elementary School - the site of his mass shooting.

She claimed Ramos openly talked about using the money he earned at Wendy's to purchase guns and ammo, adding that he 'suddenly quit' weeks before Tuesday's shooting.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

Texas elementary school killer Salvador Ramos got job at Wendy's to save up $4,000 for guns | Daily Mail Online

Quote:

The teenage gunman who killed 19 young children at a Texas elementary school worked at Wendy's to save up $4,000 to purchase the guns he used in the massacre.

A former co-worker of Salvador Ramos, 18, described the school shooter as a 'rude, creepy and scruffy' guy who she would keep her distance from because he felt unsafe.

Grace Cruz, also 18, told The Sun she worked with the 'demented' teen at the fast-food chain restaurant in Uvalde, Texas, located just minutes from Robb Elementary School - the site of his mass shooting.

She claimed Ramos openly talked about using the money he earned at Wendy's to purchase guns and ammo, adding that he 'suddenly quit' weeks before Tuesday's shooting.

Thank you Jack. Had not seen this.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Forest Bueller
How dare you place blame on the actual evil individual and not guns, rifles, Republicans, and redneck Texans.
SIC EM 94
Guy was a ticking time bomb.

https://www.rawstory.com/salvador-ramos/?cx_testId=15&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0&cx_experienceId=EXQZWTHDAGO3&fs=e&s=cl#cxrecs_s
fubar
Forest Bueller said:

How dare you place blame on the actual evil individual and not guns, rifles, Republicans, and redneck Texans.
Or on a government program.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Canada2017
Forest Bueller said:

In my opinion the individual was psychotic.

But it's almost impossible to force the mentally ill into hospitals against their will due to patient rights laws .

I had a psychotic once threaten to kill me on Facebook . Cops couldn't do a thing .

The man involved almost starved himself to death . I finally managed to get some police medics to intervene and take him to an intensive care unit .

After 3 days in intensive care they stabilized his vitals but had to get a court order to forcefully inject him the correct drugs to clear his mind .

The man is somewhat stable now but still resents his time in the mental heath ward .
Mothra
SIC EM 94 said:

https://www.rawstory.com/salvador-ramos/?cx_testId=15&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0&cx_experienceId=EXQZWTHDAGO3&fs=e&s=cl#cxrecs_s

Common denominator for all of these nuts is a f***ed up family situation.

It's so important to be a loving, available parent to our kids.
cms186
Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Whilst i agree with your second statement, and a lot of these Murderers do come from broken homes, its not the only cause and many of them dont, The Virginia Tech shooter came from a loving, supportive, Christian Family whos parents ran a business together, both of the Colombine killers came from unbroken homes, as did the Sutherland Springs shooter..

Mental Illness is the issue here, I would guess, with Family situations being an aggravating aspect of it.
I'm the English Guy
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Whilst i agree with your second statement, and a lot of these Murderers do come from broken homes, its not the only cause and many of them dont, The Virginia Tech shooter came from a loving, supportive, Christian Family whos parents ran a business together, both of the Colombine killers came from unbroken homes, as did the Sutherland Springs shooter..

Mental Illness is the issue here, I would guess, with Family situations being an aggravating aspect of it.
I would add that in NONE of these cases was there one cause but rather a list of causes that built up together to lead to this, which is what I think you are hinting at but I wanted to clearly address.

It is like the solution side of the discussion. There is not ONE solution to stop shootings that works at every school across America. There should be a combination of solutions.
Canada2017
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Every psychiatrist will tell you that many forms of permanent mental illnesses are directly related to the use of illegal narcotics.

Yet many people insist on legalizing such narcotics under the ridiculous mantra of 'freedom '.

Every cop will tell you their hands are tied in PREVENTING destructive acts by this ever growing population of mentally ill by Patients Rights laws. As under the current situation it is almost impossible to commit an obviously demented individual to a psych ward against his will.

Yet the same clueless bunch demanding all drugs be legalized also support Patience Rights laws .

So the horror continues .
cms186
cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

I would add that in NONE of these cases was there one cause but rather a list of causes that built up together to lead to this, which is what I think you are hinting at but I wanted to clearly address.

It is like the solution side of the discussion. There is not ONE solution to stop shootings that works at every school across America. There should be a combination of solutions.
Yeah, there is rarely one single cause and therefore there is rarely going to be one single solution
I'm the English Guy
Canada2017
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Yeah, there is rarely one single cause and therefore there is rarely going to be one single solution

Does not mean a damn thing if a family is 'loving' or not .

If the mentally ill individual is of legal age ….NO ONE can commit him to a hospital against his will…..unless he has broken the law .

In rare instances ( if the individual is near death ) he might be committed to 'observation for up to 72 hours ……

but any TREATMENT would require a COURT ORDER .

Now just how many communities do you think have the means to handle this increasing wave ?
Married A Horn
The second they do away with that patient's rights law is the second the liberals start using it as political war - putting every conservative that calls out their crimes in 'jail'.

A huge no thank you. Find another solution.

Our church is now heavily armed. We feel pretty safe. I guess nothing is 100%...
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Mothra
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Fair point. There are a number of factors. Add bullying to the list.
atomicblast
Thing that struck was his ****ty family life. Mom kicked him out of her household, dad not in the picture and his grandpa barely remembered it was his 18th birthday last month. If your family dont give a **** about you, and the world wont, where are you supposed to get joy out of today's ****ed up society?
Robert Wilson
atomicblast said:

Thing that struck was his ****ty family life. Mom kicked him out of her household, dad not in the picture and his grandpa barely remembered it was his 18th birthday last month. If your family dont give a **** about you, and the world wont, where are you supposed to get joy out of today's ****ed up society?
Mom is a drug addict. Grandmother is having mom evicted from a house that grandmother owns. But for some reason he takes it out on grandmother. Drugs causing total dysfunction. He may never have gotten any degree of real affection ever.
atomicblast
Robert Wilson said:

atomicblast said:

Mom is a drug addict. Grandmother is having mom evicted from a house that grandmother owns. But for some reason he takes it out on grandmother. Drugs causing total dysfunction. He may never have gotten any degree of real affection ever.
Yeah him shooting the grandmother was odd. The thing I saw in the interview that the grandfather gave sounded like she was the only one who bothered to take him out. The decay of the nuclear family is one of the most toxic things today's youth has to deal with.
Mothra
atomicblast said:

Yup. Feeling loved by your parents is so important to kids. Your chances of committing a crime increase exponentially with an absent parent.
cms186
Mothra said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Did, did we just agree on something? ****

I think Bullying is a big part of this, most of these kids seem to be from "outcast" cliques or are loners, you rarely see Jocks or popular kids as the perpetrators here
I'm the English Guy
muddybrazos
atomicblast said:

Robert Wilson said:

atomicblast said:

Yeah him shooting the grandmother was odd. The thing I saw in the interview that the grandfather gave sounded like she was the only one who bothered to take him out. The decay of the nuclear family is one of the most toxic things today's youth has to deal with.
This pretty much seems like the blueprint for this. Broken home and absent father, no friends, no church or positive influence, add in bad influences online etc and he was probably picked on in school. When you add all of that up it seems like no reason to live. This post modern society can be pretty depressing.
Mothra
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Did, did we just agree on something? ****

I think Bullying is a big part of this, most of these kids seem to be from "outcast" cliques or are loners, you rarely see Jocks or popular kids as the perpetrators here
Indeed. We have different politics, but I have always found you to be reasonable. You're not a hyper partisan, IMO.

I will say this: while you are correct on the surface some of these kids look like they came from good families, you never truly know what's going on behind closed doors. I have a childhood friend whose dad was a police officer and active in the Lutheran Church they attended, only to find out years later he had abused both my friend, his brother and his wife for years. When my friend would show up at school with fresh scars or bruises, he would tell us it was dirt-biking accidents. Instead, it was his dad.

In short, I think those types of situations are pretty common and prevalent among these mass murderers, along with mental illness, bullying, etc.
Proud 1992 Alum
I don't really disagree with many of the comments made on here about his bad upbringing, but while it would be understandable for him to commit suicide or to act with violence against someone who has bullied him, but to kill that many young children cannot be explained. You would think seeing his grandmother bleeding would be a wake up call. Or the first child. To continue to shoot kids amidst the blood and screaming and tears is pure evil. Not someone to be understood but someone to be removed from civilization. Thankfully he was killed to spare the victims and community a trial and a slow decades long march to execution.
Doc Holliday
Contrary to popular belief, it's not actually mental illness causing these shootings. By that I mean the overwhelming majority of shooters aren't a classical case you'd find in DSM 5.

Shootings are a symptom of nihilism and psychological confusion. It's a form of revenge against existing. They find themselves as adjudicators of reality or the ultimate critic.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

atomicblast said:

Yup. Feeling loved by your parents is so important to kids. Your chances of committing a crime increase exponentially with an absent parent.
My friend ...I promise you this .

All the love in the world doesn't impact a psychotic who is off his medication.

As they often lose all sense of reality . They come to believe the medication is poison , that family members are trying to kill them....that even food is dangerous .

The ONLY thing that saves a true psychotic is his medication . But Patient Rights laws make a COURT ORDER necessary to give it to him against his will.

And unless he is already in a hospital....well just try to get a psychotic to show up to court.

Yet people wonder why we have so many homeless .
Robert Wilson
Doc Holliday said:

Contrary to popular belief, it's not actually mental illness causing these shootings. By that I mean the overwhelming majority of shooters aren't a classical case you'd find in DSM 5.

Shootings are a symptom of nihilism and psychological confusion. It's a form of revenge against existing. They find themselves as adjudicators of reality or the ultimate critic.
Well said.

Lots of these kids ... it wasn't a foregone conclusion they were going to end up doing something like this. A combination of factors has them lashing out at society in the most hurtful/harmful way they can imagine. If absolutely nothing has value and you're furious (a contradiction they don't recognize), killing kids is the ultimate revenge statement.
Canada2017
Robert Wilson said:

Doc Holliday said:

Well said.

Lots of these kids ... it wasn't a foregone conclusion they were going to end up doing something like this. A combination of factors has them lashing out at society in the most hurtful/harmful way they can imagine. If absolutely nothing has value and you're furious (a contradiction they don't recognize), killing kids is the ultimate revenge statement.
Heroin, meth, crack and a host of other drugs cause brain damage .

Why is this so difficult to accept ?

We had over 100,000 die of overdoses in the last 12 months alone.

People need to connect the dots.
FormerFlash
Disturbed youth who are ostracized or self-isolating can now find faux "communities" of others in darker parts of the internet to feed their vitriol. People they convince themselves actually care about them when in reality it is an ersatz form of real interpersonal connection.

There are a number of factors that have all combined over the last several decades to create a perfect, horrible storm.

Breakdown of communities and the nuclear family
Steady removal of God from everyday life
Desensitization to violence via tv, movies, video games
The rise of social media
Easy access to pornography and other horrible things online
Canada2017
FormerFlash said:

Disturbed youth who are ostracized or self-isolating can now find faux "communities" of others in darker parts of the internet to feed their vitriol. People they convince themselves actually care about them when in reality it is an ersatz form of real interpersonal connection.

There are a number of factors that have all combined over the last several decades to create a perfect, horrible storm.

Breakdown of communities and the nuclear family
Steady removal of God from everyday life
Desensitization to violence via tv, movies, video games
The rise of social media
Easy access to pornography and other horrible things online

Good points .

However once an individual is truly psychotic ...nothing else matters except that he stays on his meds.

All the love in the world doesn't matter........it is all about the meds.
Forest Bueller
atomicblast said:

His family life really sucked. It is a contributing factor.
Jack Bauer

nein51
What? In Vietnam we were using M14s at the start of the war which were fantastic piles of junk. Those were replaced with M16s which were replaced with M16A1s in 1969.

I suppose one could argue that the M16 was the milspec version of the AR15 but it's really not. The AR15 was .223 the M16 is .556.

None of that changes the fact that a selective fire rifle vs a single shot rifle is just not a comparable item.

Finally, all of their cruisers are equipped with long rifles in the trunk. Afraid of death is super reasonable, however.
ABC BEAR
Analysis Paralysis..
Sam Lowry
Quote:

Uvalde shooter was a high school dropout and unemployed.
Wow...I am really starting to not like this guy.
nein51
Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Uvalde shooter was a high school dropout and unemployed.
Wow...I am really starting to not like this guy.

Right!? His HS status and employment status really put it over the top for me. I was wishy washy until then.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.