John Cornyn pledges to sell out Conservatives on Amnesty after caving on Gun Control

1,420 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is doing the deep state's bidding. He denied it but his lips were moving.

John Cornyn Pledges to Sell Out America on Amnesty After Caving on Gun Control

After Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) tapped Cornyn to negotiate a deal on gun control, he was reported to on Tuesday night promised to move forward on a deal on amnesty.

"First guns, now it's immigration," Cornyn told Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA).

"That's right, we're going to do it," said Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ).
Doc Holliday
He's a clown.

Art Vandelay
Bush League RINO. I doubt Cornyn cares one iota that some of his constituents detest him.
Malbec
Art Vandelay said:

Bush League RINO. I doubt Cornyn cares one iota that some of his constituents detest him.

Is there any politician without constituents who detest them? And if not, how much time do they spend racked with concern over it?
cowach
The irony here is that the only thing the Republican Party can do to screw up the pending red wave is to turn on and divide itself. For the "wave" to happen, the RP needs moderate Republicans and conservative Democrats to vote R. Booing them, vilifying them and bullying them could run them away.
J.R.
I'm a gun guy, and don't particularly care for Cornyn for placating Trumps. (not forgivable, IMO), but I have no issues with more tailored gun safety. If you need to buy a gun, plan a little. I'm going to buy a Glock 40 tomorrow and while it is convenient , I'd have NO problem waiting a week or 2.
ABC BEAR
The GOP wasn't going to appointment anyone to this committee who is up for reelection this cycle or even the next. They are cynical enough to think that voters will forget all about this by 2026 when Cornyn will be running against Beato O'Rourke.
C. Jordan
Redbrickbear said:

After Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) tapped Cornyn to negotiate a deal on gun control, he was reported to on Tuesday night promised to move forward on a deal on amnesty.

A little bit of gun control!

Redbrickbear
C. Jordan said:

Redbrickbear said:

A little bit of gun control!

I don't remember you feeling that way about a little bit of abortion control....
contrario
Malbec said:

Art Vandelay said:

Is there any politician without constituents who detest them? And if not, how much time do they spend racked with concern over it?
I was thinking the same thing. I best every politician has some people that detest them. The key is to have less people detest you than the other person running.
LIB,MR BEARS
contrario said:

Malbec said:

Art Vandelay said:

I was thinking the same thing. I best every politician has some people that detest them. The key is to have less people detest you than the other person running.
so you're saying Kamala will never win another election?
Johnny Bear
Cornyn is just one more establishment Republican who needs to get primaried when the next opportunity comes.

And yes, if the red tsunami that's otherwise about to naturally happen in November gets diminished or screwed up altogether, it will be because of squishy RINO, establishment Republicans once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
whiterock
Elected returning from convention told me yesterday that the Cornyn effort was launched to slow down the process, McConnell could not guarantee 50 votes to stop it, so had play for time and hope Democrats overplay their hand and insert a poison pill. Said Cornyn fully expected some pushback but was surprised at the earnestness of what he got.

Time will tell. Elected is hardly a RINO. And Cornyn being a little bitter at his rear-guard action not being understood or appreciated would explain the sarcastic remark.
boognish_bear
NicholasBowman
Doc Holliday said:

He's a clown.

Well, the joke is not a good one. Gun control and immigration aren't that funny topics. I'm not that experienced in the immigration issue, but I know some information about gun control topic, and it's a very serious one. I know that the government has dedicated a lot of attention to it, but still, it's one of the most serious issues nowadays, and still, gun violence is a problem. I'm writing a research paper on gun control and looking for some additional info. This useful link provided me with different gun control essay examples, which helped me a lot with the structure of my paper. And now, after reading them, I know exactly what I'll write about, and I need to find information. But from all that I've read, I can say that some changes for sure need to be made.

Canada2017
Mexico has far tougher gun laws than those in the United States .

Yet Mexican drug cartels are much better armed than the local police .

Redbrickbear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.