It's ok to lie when lying saves lives

724 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
hodedofome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We praise Oskar Schindler for lying to the Nazis to save his Jewish employees from murder.

We praise Williams Wilberforce for using deception to pass a law that ultimately ended the slave trade.

It's perfectly ok for the SCOTUS judges to lie under oath as to their ultimate intentions for roe v wade. In due time, they will be praised by the public just like the others for saving millions of lives of innocent people.

And if they aren't, they will receive praise from their Father in heaven.
Booray
Its not ok to lie to Congress, but nobody lied. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch said Roe was settled precedent. They never said they would not overturn it. Susan Collins was the only person in America surprised by their votes.
ABC BEAR
Dems are just unhappy they will have to seek legislative solutions to further their agenda. I am anxiously awaiting word on West Virginia vs EPA to see if we can be relieved of burdensome regulations by unelected federal agencies.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I know allah says its ok to lie to heathans. Didnt know Christians believed that. Any scriptural basis?

Btw i never celebrated Wilberforce

I know people that have lied on resumes and gotten fired...

I am not saying any sc nominee lied just to get hired.
4th and Inches
hodedofome said:

We praise Oskar Schindler for lying to the Nazis to save his Jewish employees from murder.

We praise Williams Wilberforce for using deception to pass a law that ultimately ended the slave trade.

It's perfectly ok for the SCOTUS judges to lie under oath as to their ultimate intentions for roe v wade. In due time, they will be praised by the public just like the others for saving millions of lives of innocent people.

And if they aren't, they will receive praise from their Father in heaven.
If the lied then so did Sotomayer and Kagan in regards to 2nd amendment/Heller..
This is a cop out, none of the justices were lying to the senate in confirmation hearings..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
JXL
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/06/24/no-trump-nominated-justices-did-not-lie-about-roe-during-their-confirmation-hear-n2609307

Osodecentx
Booray said:

Its not ok to lie to Congress, but nobody lied. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch said Roe was settled precedent. They never said they would not overturn it. Susan Collins was the only person in America surprised by their votes.
This ^^^^
Golem
Some people lie.

"Can you provide a definition for the word 'woman'?"

"No, I can't."

Golem
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I know allah says its ok to lie to heathans. Didnt know Christians believed that. Any scriptural basis?

Found this. It seems self serving lies and bearing false witness against a neighbor are contextually the lies God hates.

Exd. 1:15-22: The midwives feared God, and therefore let the boys live and lied to Pharaoh about the circumstances. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Ps 11:10, Prov. 1:7).

God blessed the midwives and gave them families because they feared Him.

2Kings 10:18-31: Jehu deceives the prophets of Baal by pretending to be a Baal worshiper and summoning all the prophets. He then has his men kill all of them, tear down the temple, and demolished the statue of Baal.

God commended him in this instance and did not admonish him for his deception.

Exd. 5:1, 8:20-28: God and Moses both know that the plan is for pharaoh to drive the Israelites from the country but God has Moses only give Pharaoh the repeated command to allow the people to go worship at a temporary festival.

1 Sam. 16:1-13: God tells Samuel how to mislead Saul and say he's going to make a sacrifice and omit his going to anoint a new king.

2 Chron. 18:18-22: God asks for someone to entice Ahab to war, then gives permission to a deceiving spirit to deceive Ahab's prophets.

Josh. 2: 1-15, Josh. 6:25, Jam. 2:25: Rahab is considered righteous for hiding the spies and sending them off a different way, deceiving their pursuers.

Judges 4:18-22: Jael promises safety and rest to Sisera, then murders him, thus receiving the glory for the victory.

John 7: 6-10: Jesus tells his brothers he isn't going to the festival, then goes later in secret.

https://cocgrey.com/does-god-condone-lying/
Harrison Bergeron
Morons posting Talking Points are morons.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Golem said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Found this. It seems self serving lies and bearing false witness against a neighbor are contextually the lies God hates.

Exd. 1:15-22: The midwives feared God, and therefore let the boys live and lied to Pharaoh about the circumstances. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Ps 11:10, Prov. 1:7).

God blessed the midwives and gave them families because they feared Him.

2Kings 10:18-31: Jehu deceives the prophets of Baal by pretending to be a Baal worshiper and summoning all the prophets. He then has his men kill all of them, tear down the temple, and demolished the statue of Baal.

God commended him in this instance and did not admonish him for his deception.

Exd. 5:1, 8:20-28: God and Moses both know that the plan is for pharaoh to drive the Israelites from the country but God has Moses only give Pharaoh the repeated command to allow the people to go worship at a temporary festival.

1 Sam. 16:1-13: God tells Samuel how to mislead Saul and say he's going to make a sacrifice and omit his going to anoint a new king.

2 Chron. 18:18-22: God asks for someone to entice Ahab to war, then gives permission to a deceiving spirit to deceive Ahab's prophets.

Josh. 2: 1-15, Josh. 6:25, Jam. 2:25: Rahab is considered righteous for hiding the spies and sending them off a different way, deceiving their pursuers.

Judges 4:18-22: Jael promises safety and rest to Sisera, then murders him, thus receiving the glory for the victory.

John 7: 6-10: Jesus tells his brothers he isn't going to the festival, then goes later in secret.

https://cocgrey.com/does-god-condone-lying/

Great info. Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.