Threat?

1,809 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, we've been told over and over and over that Trump questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election is a threat to democracy.

There are democrats now calling the Supreme Court illegitimate, certainly that would be a threat to our democracy, no?
SIC EM 94
Rawhide said:

So, we've been told over and over and over that Trump questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election is a threat to democracy.

There are democrats now calling the Supreme Court illegitimate, certainly that would be a threat to our democracy, no?

Of course it is. The Democratic "leaders" are going well beyond simply questioning the Supreme Court, they are calling for physical violence, intimidation, and civil disobedience. Those that follow the Democrats call for insurrection should all be rounded up and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Harrison Bergeron
"Mostly peaceful threats"
Robert Wilson
Executive branch is illegitimate equals insurrection!

Judicial branch is illegitimate equals every ****ing media outlet and talking head in the country…
BellCountyBear
How many years does this republic have left? I'm thinking 15 tops.
ABC BEAR
The overturning of Roe is akin to Rome falling to the hordes for the dems. That was the cornerstone of evil on which they built their empire of rule by judicial fiat and unelected bureaucrats. For 50 years they were able to keep their hands clean of their deeds and still move forward their sick agenda through proxies.

The worst thing that could have happened to the dems was winning the 2020 presidential election and taking back the House and Senate. They wrongly assumed the voters had given them a mandate to move forward full-speed with their Woke agenda and using the power of the federal government to crush their enemies.

Now the dems must argue their case before an electorate who has no sympathy for the current administration or it's agenda.
whiterock
This is what repressive tolerance looks like.

THEY can do anything they want, because they are the good guys.
YOU have to play by rules enforced to a contrivance of the moment, because you are the bad guys.

Left is good, right is bad.
Violence by the left is just good intentions gone a little too far.
Violence by the right is fascism and must be crushed to save society.
Johnny Bear
We truly are being ruled by a bunch of totalitarians (at least at the federal level) and they aren't even trying to disguise it any more. Having the sycophantic MSM on their team covering and covering up for them makes it easy for them to do so and they're taking full advantage. November can't come fast enough.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

It depends. Many things are called illegitimate. But what actions people take based on that matters. Words are cheap in politics. You will need more than words to equivocate this past election with anything the Dems are doing.

We will see if justices are attacked or not. Either way, attacking a justice is a little different from trying to stop the certified votes from being accepted.
Wangchung
Words are now "cheap" rather than "conspiracy". Got it.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Booray
SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

Of course it is. The Democratic "leaders" are going well beyond simply questioning the Supreme Court, they are calling for physical violence, intimidation, and civil disobedience. Those that follow the Democrats call for insurrection should all be rounded up and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Links?
Mothra
whiterock said:

This is what repressive tolerance looks like.

THEY can do anything they want, because they are the good guys.
YOU have to play by rules enforced to a contrivance of the moment, because you are the bad guys.

Left is good, right is bad.
Violence by the left is just good intentions gone a little too far.
Violence by the right is fascism and must be crushed to save society.
This. You nailed it.
SIC EM 94
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

It depends. Many things are called illegitimate. But what actions people take based on that matters. Words are cheap in politics. You will need more than words to equivocate this past election with anything the Dems are doing.

We will see if justices are attacked or not. Either way, attacking a justice is a little different from trying to stop the certified votes from being accepted.

Words??? How about planning to murder a Supreme Court Justice? Your hypocrisy is disgusting!
STxBear81
wait til the Supreme Court decides on West Virgina vs EPA....take the government out of this green energy crap and leave it up to congress or the people to decide.....bees will be buzzing
Forest Bueller_bf
SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

I won't call it the "democrats" but the progressive left has always used violence, threats of violence, riots, insurrection, bodily physical and property destruction and other forms of mayhem to further their cause, and basically force their way.

The way the left has reacted to Jan 6th is one of the most hypocritical displays I have ever seen. Not that it wasn't wrong, it certainly was, but it came right out of their playbook, that obviously they feel they have the sole ownership of and think nobody else should be able to use it.
whitetrash
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

The only thing in Washington that we know for certain is illegitimate is Joe Biden's grandbaby.
whiterock
Forest Bueller_bf said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

I won't call it the "democrats" but the progressive left has always used violence, threats of violence, riots, insurrection, bodily physical and property destruction and other forms of mayhem to further their cause, and basically force their way.

The way the left has reacted to Jan 6th is one of the most hypocritical displays I have ever seen. Not that it wasn't wrong, it certainly was, but it came right out of their playbook, that obviously they feel they have the sole ownership of and think nobody else should be able to use it.
We should call it democrats. It's their voters, pushing their agenda, on money raised at Democrat crowd-funding platforms, while being lauded by Democrat elected officials.

Nothing enables the left more than giving Democrats a pass on what they do with their own grassroots.

They do not afford their Republican partners in social contract the same courtesies.....
Golem
Booray said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

Links?

Google works great. Try it out.

Since I don't want to do your work for you, I found you these links.

4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

thats right, attacking a judge would change the court and future decisions for decades and possibly forever..

Rioting at the capital did nothing to stop the process of certifying the votes. Even if the unthinkable worst case scenario happened, the vote would have still been certified. The process is the process.

Attacking SCOTUS should be off limits as a societial norm but why would the party of tolerance and adults in the room advocate for peace and understanding while protecting the court.

The advocation of insurection by the Dem leadership at wisc state capital lead to the DC one. The advocation of violence by the left all summer lead to Jan 6th riot. Trump did not operate in a vaccum.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Whiskey Pete

So what do our resident leftists say, threat to democracy?
J.B.Katz
When 6 people can, literally in the blink of an eye, make a decision that means, in my state, that the only safe course of action for my daughters/daughters in law is to avoid pregnancy altogether, because if you get pregnant in this state, you cede your ability to make any healthcare decisions for yourself (as everything a pregnant woman does affects her fetus), then, Houston, we got a problem.

I no longer have confidence that healthcare providers in my state would act affirmative to provide lifesaving treatment for an ectopic pregnancy, and I'm concerned about prosecution if there's a miscarriage. Amnesty International considers forcing women to bear the children of their rapists a human rights violation. The Taliban did that to Yazidi women. Now some states intend to do that to American citizens who just lost an important freedom--control over their own bodies.

The Christian Taliban is no better than the Muslim Taliban.

And now all the climate deniers and corporate interests are free to do nothing to address climate change, so more babies will be born into a dying world.

Here's a good Christian crowing about the effect of what SCOTUS has done:

And here's what really happened today, and you're celebrating it:

whitetrash
J.B.Katz said:

Because on Planet Krugman, the only way to maintain civilization is to kill babies and to allow unfettered governmental overreach.
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

When 6 people can, literally in the blink of an eye, make a decision that means, in my state, that the only safe course of action for my daughters/daughters in law is to avoid pregnancy altogether, because if you get pregnant in this state, you cede your ability to make any healthcare decisions for yourself (as everything a pregnant woman does affects her fetus), then, Houston, we got a problem.

I no longer have confidence that healthcare providers in my state would act affirmative to provide lifesaving treatment for an ectopic pregnancy, and I'm concerned about prosecution if there's a miscarriage. Amnesty International considers forcing women to bear the children of their rapists a human rights violation. The Taliban did that to Yazidi women. Now some states intend to do that to American citizens who just lost an important freedom--control over their own bodies.

And now all the climate deniers and corporate interests are free to do nothing to address climate change, so more babies will be born into a dying world.

Sounds like you'd be happier in California.
Golem
Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

Sounds like you'd be happier in California.

She's too busy nagging to the city council about AirBNB in Nashville. If you saw her in person, you'd think "what an awful, dried out, husk of a bitter cat lady."
Jack Bauer
Porteroso
SIC EM 94 said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Words??? How about planning to murder a Supreme Court Justice? Your hypocrisy is disgusting!

Who is? I'm not really following this closely.
Wangchung
Conspiring to commit murder doesn't mean anything because it's just words. Conspiring to commit an insurrection with your 10 best buddies is iNsUrReCtIoN!!
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

i understand why you are miserable now.. turn off the TV, log out of social media and go outside. Go watch some kids play at the park. Go to the mall and watch people while shopling for a new outfit.

You will see the truth, the stuff you are worked up about, is a caricaturized blip on the radar compared to real life.

You support a govt that tells everyone how to live.. thats not how our system works. The SC told congress to make a law if they want that, govt dept like the EPA cannot unilaterally write policy as it is law.

The case about removing the ability of state supreme courts from over turning legislative state election law makes sense. Federal court is still an option and the constitution says that legislatures make those rules, not judges.

Roe v wade was correctly overturned because it infringed on states rights/10th amendment.

If you are afraid of what happens to your daughters, move or work to get local state law changed.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
LIB,MR BEARS
Forest Bueller_bf said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

I thought Jan 6 was mostly peaceful.
Forest Bueller_bf
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Rawhide said:

I thought Jan 6 was mostly peaceful.
That's the verbiage dems would use.

Quote:

The Secret Service added: "There are approximately fifty nine (59) groups identified as potentially participating in First Amendment activities on January 6, 2021 at or around the White House Complex (WHC) ... Expected attendance is around 20,000 participants."

Six times as many protestorsas many as 120,000 would show up on the Mall on January 6, according to classified numbers still not released by the Secret Service and the FBI but seen by Newsweek. But there is still not an official estimate, nor have any of the Congressional committees or task forces offered a number. Nor is there a clear number of how many people actually entered the Capitol, or tried to get in.

So out of 120,000 protesters that showed up maybe a thousand breached the Capital.

According to the progressive left that would be a virtual peace rally. Only one person out
of 100 wasn't totally peaceful. Just protesters, minding their own business.

And that is how the left would have classified it, if it were them.
Golem
Anyone know when Rat Epps will be indicted?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10347577/Ex-Marine-accused-FBI-plant-sent-incite-Jan-6-riot-pictured-ranch.html
jupiter
Moral relativism... still not the solution
Golem
jupiter said:

Moral relativism... still not the solution

FBI entrapment and incitement….still not a solution.
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Of course it is
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.