Haley, DeSantis, Other?

16,741 Views | 416 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Trump is going to win the nomination and the general in a landslide over Kamala. The real question is 'who will be Trump's VP.' This person will get 4 years OJT to prepare for 8 years of their own in the WH.
Sounds similar to the landslide win Trump was going to have over Biden in 2020.
Truth. Nominate Trump and lose. Why do the Dems want to run against Trump?
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Trump is going to win the nomination and the general in a landslide over Kamala. The real question is 'who will be Trump's VP.' This person will get 4 years OJT to prepare for 8 years of their own in the WH.
I agree with you. Trump will motivate everyone to vote, the establishment will do everything they can to prevent it, and the swing voters hate him. I think Kamala will even have a shot at beating him, just not enough conservatives that will trust Trump with the keys after the fiasco of Jan 6th.
ABC BEAR
You will have 3 choices in 2024:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

just not enough conservatives that will trust Trump with the keys after the fiasco of Jan 6th.
Exactly

Trump's behavior after the 2020 election was inexcusable.

Few outside of his most fanatical supporters are going to forget it .

4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

lol, the Dems want nothing to do with running against Trump..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
That's why they contribute money to Trump endorsed candidates?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thats the exception not the rule.

I would vote for DeSantis
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

That's why they contribute money to Trump endorsed candidates?
they falsely believe that people dislike Trumps policies, they dont.. they are playing with fire according to MsNBC.

they seem to send alot to cheney too
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
midgett
RMF5630 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

For the sake of this thread, let's assume Trump isn't running. Who would get your vote (assuming you are still living) in a republican primary?

If you will be dead, what dem gets your vote?
I think Haley is the ticket. Maybe Haley/Pompeo. There are a large group of people that will not vote for a headstrong, white male, just on principle. Haley makes it very tough for the Dems to attack on many of the areas they love to go. I think Haley destroys the Dem nominee. Trump is political poison, plus his backers will vote Haley.

Haley does not make it hard for Democrats to attack. They don't give a crap. You get attacked criticizing any non-white male candidate on their ticket.

Every Republican will be attacked Heck, they call Larry Elder and Clarence Thomas racists. They have no qualms ripping ANY Republican a new one. The get cover from an abiding media.
Married A Horn
Republicans should start suing every media and politician that calls them racist for defamation. Lawfare. Its what they have been winning for years. Time to go on the attack.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Oldbear83
ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
Michelle Obama will be the Democrats' nominee in 2024.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Wrong

Trump is too old , too obnoxious and too self destructive .

Dems are extending these ridiculous January 6th hearings just praying that Trump is the Republican nominee.
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Wrong

Dems are extending these ridiculous January 6th hearings just praying that Trump is the Republican nominee.
Wrong. The whole purpose of those hearings is to prevent Trump from being the GOP nominee.

If Trump is the GOP nominee in 2024, he wins.

The question is really who else runs for the GOP nomination.

Don't want Trump?

Then put your energy, money and support behind someone you think has better policies.

For the record, if DeSantis runs I will support him. Otherwise I will support Cruz. But if Trump wins the GOP nomination, only Democrats and other America-haters would vote for anyone in the General Election but Trump.
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Wrong

you think all of this is help Trump to be the nominee..

Lord..

–Horace

FLBear5630
midgett said:

RMF5630 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

For the sake of this thread, let's assume Trump isn't running. Who would get your vote (assuming you are still living) in a republican primary?

If you will be dead, what dem gets your vote?
I think Haley is the ticket. Maybe Haley/Pompeo. There are a large group of people that will not vote for a headstrong, white male, just on principle. Haley makes it very tough for the Dems to attack on many of the areas they love to go. I think Haley destroys the Dem nominee. Trump is political poison, plus his backers will vote Haley.

Haley does not make it hard for Democrats to attack. They don't give a crap. You get attacked criticizing any non-white male candidate on their ticket.

Every Republican will be attacked Heck, they call Larry Elder and Clarence Thomas racists. They have no qualms ripping ANY Republican a new one. The get cover from an abiding media.

I said harder. If Hawley is vulnerable, DeSantis and Trump arent?
ATL Bear
ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
4. None of the above.
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
4. None of the above.
So for ATL, '4' means "Stay Home but deny doing so"

ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
4. None of the above.

I've never stayed home for a general election and rarely ever miss a primary or runoff. I wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016. I'll write in someone else if Trump is the GOP candidate in 2024.

But you certainly are a Trump sycophant that pretends to not want him in the race. You and your ilk are the reason his sorry ass is still even considered. And don't talk to me about policy when he wasn't even the architect of his own agenda.
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
4. None of the above.

I've never stayed home for a general election and rarely ever miss a primary or runoff. I wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016. I'll write in someone else if Trump is the GOP candidate in 2024.

But you certainly are a Trump sycophant that pretends to not want him in the race. You and your ilk are the reason his sorry ass is still even considered. And don't talk to me about policy when he wasn't even the architect of his own agenda.
** sigh **

So all my posts from 2016 don't count? Every criticism I posted no longer exists because I reject the Democrat's kangaroo court?

I was very clear about 2024. Too freaking bad for you if you cannot accept that someone is able to support Trump's innocence while working to get someone better elected.

It really says more about you than me.

And what it says is pathetic.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home
4. None of the above.

** sigh **

So all my posts from 2016 don't count? Every criticism I posted no longer exists because I reject the Democrat's kangaroo court?

I was very clear about 2024. Too freaking bad for you if you cannot accept that someone is able to support Trump's innocence while working to get someone better elected.

It really says more about you than me.

And what it says is pathetic.
We aren't talking innocence or guilt. It's fascinating to me. From the beginning I've said Jan 6 wasn't an insurrection. This political theater of hearings used to smear political opponents (its bigger than Trump) is a travesty. I defend Trump against that because of the broader implications to our country. But it's also why I reject Trump now and anyone who supports his continued charade.

Trump went rogue outside and before Jan 6. He went after people in his own party, not RINOs either, in an unscrupulous and destructive manner after his defeat. He revealed a maniacal power lust that should have scared away anyone with a sense of limited government much less decency and respect for anything other than ego. The fact he continues to garner the support he does is what's really pathetic. Better candidates? Even Desantis is holding back due to the BS he'd have to go through in a face off with Trump. This isn't about mean tweets. The lengths Trump will go to stay in power have been revealed, and everyone should reject him for that, especially considering the position he seeks. Time to move on.

If that's pathetic, then I'm happy to be such, because i truly believe in the principles bigger than the politics.
Oldbear83
ATL : "He went after people in his own party, not RINOs either, in an unscrupulous and destructive manner after his defeat. He revealed a maniacal power lust that should have scared away anyone with a sense of limited government much less decency and respect for anything other than ego"

Well, that's quite a rant, and far closer to Schiff and Pelosi than what most reasonable people would say.

I think it is safe to say that there was a lot of stuff going on during the 2020 election, things which any reasonable person would say demand investigation. Frankly there were and are Republicans whose behavior regarding the election irregularities is shamefully cowardly with regard to demanding the truth of what happened.

I was plain that I will support someone else in the primaries. Trump's behavior between November 2020 and January 2021 is part of that.

But I am also a realist. Trump's policies were why the economy was very strong before the pandemic, why we did not get into any new wars, and Trump was the first President in my lifetime to take effective steps to protect the nation from China's financial and military espionage. I'm not surprised Trump did more for the US in 4 years than Obama did in 8, but he did more than Bush did, too.

And at this date, Trump is the strongest name in the polls. Like it or not, he has a solid chance of winning, so it behooves us to find staff who can make the best use of his strengths and protect him against his weaknesses.

Pretending Trump will just go away is naivete, and playing along with Democrats is beyond foolish.
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Wrong

Lord..
THINK PEOPLE

Dems know Trump's base loves him regardless of these Jan 6th hearings.

All this BS is geared toward INDEPENDENTS ........making them begin to suspect Trump really did attempt to overthrow the US government .

Repeat a lie long enough and weak minded people will begin to believe it .

Then Trump's consistent ability to self destruct will do the rest.

Trump is the ONE guy the Dem's can beat easily .

Amazing how some of you will not accept the fact that women, moderates and younger voters absolutely HATE the clown....policies be damned .
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL : "He went after people in his own party, not RINOs either, in an unscrupulous and destructive manner after his defeat. He revealed a maniacal power lust that should have scared away anyone with a sense of limited government much less decency and respect for anything other than ego"

Well, that's quite a rant, and far closer to Schiff and Pelosi than what most reasonable people would say.

I think it is safe to say that there was a lot of stuff going on during the 2020 election, things which any reasonable person would say demand investigation. Frankly there were and are Republicans whose behavior regarding the election irregularities is shamefully cowardly with regard to demanding the truth of what happened.

I was plain that I will support someone else in the primaries. Trump's behavior between November 2020 and January 2021 is part of that.

But I am also a realist. Trump's policies were why the economy was very strong before the pandemic, why we did not get into any new wars, and Trump was the first President in my lifetime to take effective steps to protect the nation from China's financial and military espionage. I'm not surprised Trump did more for the US in 4 years than Obama did in 8, but he did more than Bush did, too.

And at this date, Trump is the strongest name in the polls. Like it or not, he has a solid chance of winning, so it behooves us to find staff who can make the best use of his strengths and protect him against his weaknesses.

Pretending Trump will just go away is naivete, and playing along with Democrats is beyond foolish.
I have receipts on Trump's insanity after he lost. He will go away when this type of short sightedness that's used to justify his consideration as a candidate is put to bed. If you're still backing Trump it's not policy based.

And LOL at having "staff" being part of any process to control or contain Trump. You must have missed the constant staff turmoil throughout his tenure. That was always called "the Trump way". Turns out, he just functions like an autocrat. The guy's an egoist and megalomaniac.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

And here you are two years later, still waffling on the 2020 election and "things that demand investigation." How long was this investigation supposed to go on before Trump conceded? Will it stretch into 2024?

Trump will go away when he knows you won't vote for him. Naive is expecting anything else. You're willing to hold your nose but you'd really prefer a "nicer" candidate? Congratulations. You said the same thing in 2016 and 2020.
GrowlTowel
Trump. He will win.
Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

Trump. He will win.

And when he doesn't it was stolen
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Trump. He will win.

And when he doesn't it was stolen
Exactly

And some guys would rather play the same song for a 2nd verse rather than have a real Republican conservative win.
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

Yep, I'll be voting for DeSantis in the primaries. If Trump is on the general, then I'll be voting for Trump. If DeSantis is on the general, then I'll vote for DeSantis again.
Whiskey Pete
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

I have receipts on Trump's insanity after he lost. He will go away when this type of short sightedness that's used to justify his consideration as a candidate is put to bed. If you're still backing Trump it's not policy based.

And LOL at having "staff" being part of any process to control or contain Trump. You must have missed the constant staff turmoil throughout his tenure. That was always called "the Trump way". Turns out, he just functions like an autocrat. The guy's an egoist and megalomaniac.
To be fair, almost every politician (and bureaucrat) in D.C. is a megalomaniac
Mothra
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

DeSantis.

I don't think there's much need to consider anyone else. The Trump supporters would flow to DeSantis in large enough numbers to make the rest of the race just a contest for the VP slot.

I.E. DeSantis is sitting on approx 25%. What percentage of Trump's approx 60% would DeSantis have to receive to win? Answer: a third. At 45% support in what will likely be a crowded field, there wouldn't be enough votes left for anyone else to mount a credible challenge. (remember, primaries are winner take all = no runoffs.)

So who here thinks more than 2/3rds of Trump supporters will flow to the likes of Pence, Haley, Pompeo, etc......
Gotta keep in mind primary vs general. Trump may be able to win primary, but general? He brings alot of bad blood, distrust and motivation against him holding office again.

This could end up being a classic "could he vs should he?" If Trump runs, you will see a motivated progressive and Democratic base and will the Independents go to Trump after 2020? Whether he is guilty of a crime or not, the turmoil he was involved with and his juvenile response is a negative to many, even if his loyalist don't want to admit it. The best you can say about his 2020 behavior is he acted poorly.

I still don't believe the January 6th Commission is legit or that Trump did anything to get him banned or prosecuted, but he did not handle the situation well and placed many in very tough situations. Poor Cassidy had to clean up the spaghetti before donning her cape and saving Democracy...
original question implied primary. And the primary will not be particularly competitive. If Trump runs, he wins. If he doesn't, DeSantis wins. The next most viable alternative scenario to that is that DeSantis continues to strengthen enough to knock off Trump. That will be on the order of single-digit probability, but that will give Oso, et al enough to dream of unicorns & pixie dust. I continue to suggest that the assembled experts here recognize that a Trump-DeSantis ticket is the mostly likely outcome of all, by an goodly margin.

When we look at the general, Trump is materially out-polling DeSantis, consistently outside the margin of error. He's also outpolling the two most likely Democrat candidates, by similar or greater margins.

None of that is saying what should/ought.
Saying what is and therefore what is most likely to be.

Trump is going to run stronger in the general than most here realize. He will be a juggernaut all the way thru to the WH. The legislative package Manchin just signed on to virtually guarantees it. You cannot continue to deficit spend while simultaneously raising taxes in the midst of an economy mired in historically bad stagflation and expect the economy to rebound your direction. In fact, the new green energy package is a recognition of that....Dems know their time is passing and they will spend the rest of it hammering thru their wish list, to make the GOP spend all its energy undoing it all over the 2022-2026 period. The war in Ukraine will drag on for at LEAST another 6-12 months, further stifling economic recovery around the world. So the US economy is going to get worse and worse and Dems will have nothing to run on. Even a new pandemic won't help them, given the way they mismanaged Covid. In the face of that, they will face a slashing populist with the right ideas who has exactly the kind of record of success needed to exploit the dynamics of the cycle..

2024 will better match Trump's skills than 2016.
Trump critics are completely misreading the landscape.
That's what happens when one lets their hopes lead their logic.

Trump got beaten soundly by a woke geriatric patient in the last election. His popularity has decreased since then among republicans and the general populace. The democrats and the media will be galvanized against him if he runs again. And he will be unhinged in his revenge tour, unable to control his worse impulses.

Give me some new blood without the baggage rather than a geriatric re-tread and loser. I have zero confidence he will win re-election, especially if the Dems run someone other than Biden or Kamala against him.
Mothra
ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home

It's not going to be Harris. It will be Newsom. Wait and see.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home

That is an interesting thought .

Only drawback is that he is a white male.

Could very well happen .
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Wrong

Lord..
THINK PEOPLE

Dems know Trump's base loves him regardless of these Jan 6th hearings.

All this BS is geared toward INDEPENDENTS ........making them begin to suspect Trump really did attempt to overthrow the US government .

Repeat a lie long enough and weak minded people will begin to believe it .

Then Trump's consistent ability to self destruct will do the rest.

Trump is the ONE guy the Dem's can beat easily .

Amazing how some of you will not accept the fact that women, moderates and younger voters absolutely HATE the clown....policies be damned .

Yup.
GrowlTowel
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home

That is an interesting thought .

Only drawback is that he is a white male.

Could very well happen .

The party of racism will nominate the product of racism.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mothra said:

ABC BEAR said:

1) Trump

2) Harris

3) Stay Home

The black politicians will go nuts if Kamala is sidelined. The Dems are gonna blow themselves up! Should be fun to watch.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.