J6 Committee Votes to Subpoena Trump

7,481 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

But he is emotionally disciplined enough to br POTUS?
i said he wasnt emotionlly disciplined enough to clown the committee.

I also dont want him to be president again..

You need to read the independent platform.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

I would go and absoluetly clown the committee but Trump isnt emotionally disciplined enough to do it
He would go full on rant and just not stop talking on live TV. They would end up removing him and his base would go nuts.

To answer the other question, no I do not believe he is emotionally disciplined enough to be President.

Sadly, the Democrats have run even worse candidates!
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Trump is saying he will testify, if on live TV.

I am all for it. That is pay for TV action. I want to see him get into it with the Committee live.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-wants-to-testify-before-the-j6-committee-but-only-if-they-broadcast-his-testimony-live-nyt/ar-AA12VBwC?cvid=3890096e41214d70d9bf7b8b9659a09c
He might actually make a smart political move if he testifies. The committee does not want him too - it will find some way to make the subpoena disappear if he agrees to testify. They were hoping just to run disinformation and create another fake news story about why Trump would pull a Holder.
I agree. I also would ask to testify in front of the full Congress, as well as Live.
No way does Trump testify under oath

Well you and Sam have been wrong on ever step with Trump, let's see if Dems let him. He said he will on live TV.
That's an interesting take after months of hearings proved almost every allegation against him.
Tell us about how he took a gun from a Secret Service agent, got him in a head lock, and forced him back to the Capitol to take over America with an unarmed army!
LOL…tell us about your Secret Service agent who was all set to destroy Cassidy Hutchinson until he chickened out and got exposed as a Trump stooge.

Go to bed Sam you're sundowning.
J.B.Katz
Now why would Roger Stone need a pre-emptive pardon for Jan 6?

Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm. Trump has had to sit quietly all these months, wanting to defend himself, but they wouldn't let him. Now he finally gets a chance to make his case. This is what we've all been waiting for, right?
Trump said its about time on Truth Social.. why wait so long?
It makes sense to gather information from as many sources as possible before confronting Trump. It's the one way they might get some semblance of truth from him.
It'll never happen. I just found out Republicans are a new party, i.e. a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump International.
The Dear Leader is in total control. You must bend the knee or be gone. I'm gone
The party of child groomers and open borders welcomes you.

Isn't the difference that nobody in their right mind thinks Dems love Biden like MAGAs love Trump? Like Biden owns no part of the DNC and is just a placeholder that could for sure beat Trump?
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm. Trump has had to sit quietly all these months, wanting to defend himself, but they wouldn't let him. Now he finally gets a chance to make his case. This is what we've all been waiting for, right?
It makes sense to gather information from as many sources as possible before confronting Trump. It's the one way they might get some semblance of truth from him.
It'll never happen. I just found out Republicans are a new party, i.e. a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump International.
The Dear Leader is in total control. You must bend the knee or be gone. I'm gone

Isn't the difference that nobody in their right mind thinks Dems love Biden like MAGAs love Trump? Like Biden owns no part of the DNC and is just a placeholder that could for sure beat Trump?
Intent is irrelevant. That's what you leftists never grasp. Orange man bad aside, Biden voters enabled groomers and the open border.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
FLBear5630
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Disagree, Biden is part of the Obama ownership of the DNC.You think Biden is calling the shots? He has no idea where he is half the time. WIthout a teleprompter he is lost. You think if Biden is not President Harris is capable of being President without Obama and Susan Rice instructing her? We are not talking Condaleza Rice, Haley or even Tulsi here, they can think for themselves without breaking into giiggles. .
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Intent is irrelevant. That's what you leftists never grasp. Orange man bad aside, Biden voters enabled groomers and the open border.

I see that was more of a generic Biden Bad statement. I thought you were trying for some sort of middle school burn with **** logic like that, but just you venting. Keep going, I'm sure there is more.
Porteroso
RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Disagree, Biden is part of the Obama ownership of the DNC.You think Biden is calling the shots? He has no idea where he is half the time. WIthout a teleprompter he is lost. You think if Biden is not President Harris is capable of being President without Obama and Susan Rice instructing her? We are not talking Condaleza Rice, Haley or even Tulsi here, they can think for themselves without breaking into giiggles. .

I thought I just said Biden is an unimportant placeholder, and you say you disagree, then agree?
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I thought I just said Biden is an unimportant placeholder, and you say you disagree, then agree?
he is a placeholder who has the distinction of being the worst president in 50+ years.
FLBear5630
Porteroso said:

RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I sometimes am responding to the original post, bad habit on my part. Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I am too lazy to find original!
Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

RMF5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

he is a placeholder who has the distinction of being the worst president in 50+ years.
Placeholder? This racist, corrupt old fool has done more damage to the world in 18 months than anyone in 100 years.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

I see that was more of a generic Biden Bad statement. I thought you were trying for some sort of middle school burn with **** logic like that, but just you venting. Keep going, I'm sure there is more.
It was a factual statement. Your feelings are irrelevant and your actions have consequences no matter your stated intent.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
whiterock
"We spend enormous amounts of time and energy and resources pointing out the latest crazy thing he said, or how rude or mean some of the Republican candidates behaved," Obama said on a recent podcast. "That's probably not something that, in the minds of most voters, overrides their basic interests: Can I pay the rent? What are gas prices? How am I dealing with child care?"
-Barack Obama

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/obama-is-right-democrats-anti-trump-fixation-is-killing-them
Wangchung
whiterock said:

"We spend enormous amounts of time and energy and resources pointing out the latest crazy thing he said, or how rude or mean some of the Republican candidates behaved," Obama said on a recent podcast. "That's probably not something that, in the minds of most voters, overrides their basic interests: Can I pay the rent? What are gas prices? How am I dealing with child care?"
-Barack Obama

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/obama-is-right-democrats-anti-trump-fixation-is-killing-them
Obviously pretending to be a moderate voice in a desperate credibility grab so the democrats can have SOMEONE other than Joe to campaign for democrats.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

-Barack Obama

Isn't it funny how not pointing out personal shortcomings starts coming from the Left when their politicians are floundering?

When Trump was in, pointing out personal shortcomings was all the rage. To the point of caricatures and Acosta yelling at him.

Now, everyone should be reasonable, rent is more important...
Wrecks Quan Dough
The only person capable of improving the Democrats chances in November is a healthy, vigorous Bill Clinton. But his better days are in the rear view mirror.
Wangchung
He Hate Me said:

The only person capable of improving the Democrats chances in November is a healthy, vigorous Bill Clinton. But his better days are in the rear view mirror.
Ha, yeah, I guess he can hang his hat on the fact his victims we know of were all of age? Don't know if he could replicate the dotcom bubble again, though.
whiterock
Now for a dose of reality. Megan nails it. And the less you esteem Trump & Trumpers, the more compelling her points are.

At some point, the obvious wisdom of Trump/Desantis will start to settle in.
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

He Hate Me said:

Ha, yeah, I guess he can hang his hat on the fact his victims we know of were all of age? Don't know if he could replicate the dotcom bubble again, though.
if not .com, it would be something else. Right now it is electric vehicles, absolutely no way the grid can handle it, the technology is better, is ecologically better or able to safely function (see hazardous fires in South Florida). But, Joe deemed it so...
ATL Bear
whiterock said:

Now for a dose of reality. Megan nails it. And the less you esteem Trump & Trumpers, the more compelling her points are.

The Trump political clown show needs to die. On both sides. DeSantis isn't hitching his wagon to that.
whiterock
ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

The Trump political clown show needs to die. On both sides. DeSantis isn't hitching his wagon to that.
He will, because he knows Megan is spot on - Trump supporters think Trump was robbed of both a first term and a 2nd......and they will not be denied because they are a clear majority of the GOP.

like it or not, Trump is only horse the GOP has for 2024.
and it's a far stronger & faster horse than his critics are willing to admit.
The path to President DeSantis goes thru President Trump.
So support Trump/DeSantis and the time will come.

That's assessment, not advocacy. Just is what it is. No other candidate can hold the Trump coalition together. So we gotta get on with the business of winning with the team we have rather than the one we'd like to have.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

He will, because he knows Megan is spot on - Trump supporters think Trump was robbed of both a first term and a 2nd......and they will not be denied because they are a clear majority of the GOP.

That's assessment, not advocacy. Just is what it is. No other candidate can hold the Trump coalition together. So we gotta get on with the business of winning with the team we have rather than the one we'd like to have.

I am calling this now, DeSantis will not take a VP role. DeSantis is much closer to Reagan than Harris, Quayle, Bush Sr or Biden. He will stay Gov of Florida and run in 28, rather than be 2nd chair.
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

I am calling this now, DeSantis will not take a VP role. DeSantis is much closer to Reagan than Harris, Quayle, Bush Sr or Biden. He will stay Gov of Florida and run in 28, rather than be 2nd chair.
He is much closer to Trump than Reagan. Reagan was folksy, humorous, all wry smile & understatement, a disarming mix of "aw-shucks" in a tuxedo that few others could pull off, a Hollywood star that blue collar folks could identify with. DeSantis is a bomb-thrower by comparison, Trump-esque but without the rough edges (ergo the appeal with those shy of Trump).

The problem with the scenario you laid out is that DeSantis' term as Gov. will end in 2026. That leaves a 2yr underlap between governorship and the 2028 WH run. That is a fairly significant handicap. While he's governor, he holds his FL fundraising base hostage - they HAVE to donate to his POTUS campaign, as he will either be their governor or their POTUS. But as a former governor, he loses that leverage, and that significantly impairs fundraising. He will have compete as an equal with others for a national fundraising base that will be shopping around from ground zero and will have contenders like Glenn Youngkin and one or two other hot-shots who get elected this go-around and in 2026. Kari Lake is one to keep an eye on. DeSantis is alone at the head of the "prospect" pack at the moment, but will he be for the 2028 race? Maybe not.

Best scenario for him is to enter the 2028 race as sitting VPOTUS rather than as a former Gov. No serious contender would chose the latter rather than the former position as a platform to run, if they have the option. If he's offered to be Trump's VPOTUS, he will take it in a heartbeat. There is no downside. If Trump wins, DeSantis is VPOTUS. If Trump loses, DeSantis is still FL Gov and runs as a former VPOTUS nominee with nationwide fundraising connections superior to what he has today and strong connections to the MAGA base.

It's a bit early to start pulling everything together. But the logic of it is too compelling, natural fit. Nothing else will unify the party to the same degree. And for that reason I think the donor class will push the two together.

Osodecentx
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Best scenario for him is to enter the 2028 race as sitting VPOTUS rather than as a former Gov. No serious contender would chose the latter rather than the former position as a platform to run, if they have the option. If he's offered to be Trump's VPOTUS, he will take it in a heartbeat. There is no downside. If Trump wins, DeSantis is VPOTUS. If Trump loses, DeSantis is still FL Gov and runs as a former VPOTUS nominee with nationwide fundraising connections superior to what he has today and strong connections to the MAGA base.

It's a bit early to start pulling everything together. But the logic of it is too compelling, natural fit. Nothing else will unify the party to the same degree. And for that reason I think the donor class will push the two together.
Why would Desantis hitch his wagon to the only politician in America with a lower approval number than Biden?

Biden unfavorable 52.9
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Trump unfavorable 53.7
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/donald-trump/
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

He is much closer to Trump than Reagan. Reagan was folksy, humorous, all wry smile & understatement, a disarming mix of "aw-shucks" in a tuxedo that few others could pull off, a Hollywood star that blue collar folks could identify with. DeSantis is a bomb-thrower by comparison, Trump-esque but without the rough edges (ergo the appeal with those shy of Trump).

The problem with the scenario you laid out is that DeSantis' term as Gov. will end in 2026. That leaves a 2yr underlap between governorship and the 2028 WH run. That is a fairly significant handicap. While he's governor, he holds his FL fundraising base hostage - they HAVE to donate to his POTUS campaign, as he will either be their governor or their POTUS. But as a former governor, he loses that leverage, and that significantly impairs fundraising. He will have compete as an equal with others for a national fundraising base that will be shopping around from ground zero and will have contenders like Glenn Youngkin and one or two other hot-shots who get elected this go-around and in 2026. Kari Lake is one to keep an eye on. DeSantis is alone at the head of the "prospect" pack at the moment, but will he be for the 2028 race? Maybe not.

I have met him as part of my work. He is not going to be 2nd fiddle. He is also not tying himself to Trump, he and Trump have butted heads. They have a lot of the same believes, but DeSantis is in no way like Trump. DeSantis is much more substance than Trump.

Reagan would not take VP either, he was asked and said no he would not entertain that role. Their style is different, but they are very similar in how they govern.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jeb! 2024
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Trump is politically self destructive.

Not with his fanatically loyal base of course …..but with independents , women and younger voters .

DeSantis has seen how Trump treated Pence and cabinet members . No way in the world would he accept the same treatment.

Trump needs to disappear and make room for someone who can win in 2024 .
ATL Bear
whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Trump was undoubtedly wronged during his first term. And I'm not talking about the 2020 election. However, instead of being strategic, Trump went postal and was trying to take out any and all who didn't bend to his insanity, including allies.. And yes, he crossed the Rubicon on that. I understand the frustration, but feels and vindication aren't a platform. It's the same emotionalism the left uses. Trump isn't the strength, he's the vulnerability, and the blind loyalty over principle or even pragmatism is what gives dolts like Biden and Fetterman and Warnock shots when they shouldn't have one. Just look at these candidates he promoted and we're stuck with. Oz and Walker? Ugh. There was a time he did, but DeSantis knows and wants no part of him.
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Not with his fanatically loyal base of course …..but with independents , women and younger voters .

DeSantis has seen how Trump treated Pence and cabinet members . No way in the world would he accept the same treatment.

I agree. Trump is being treated very un-American in the witch hunt to find some way to prosecute him for something. What the Dems are doing with the Jan 6th Commission and DOJ is right out of McCarthyism.

That said, Trump is political poison. He needs to have a PAC or a Lobby Group, but NOT run for public office. He is a disaster as an elected official. I like his policies, but his personality is too caustic to be able to Govern effectively.

I do believe the Dems made him this way, he was not like this in 2016 and seemed to honestly think he was going to be able to cut deals, thereby making DC work. But he went from a counter-puncher to Mike Tyson just uncontrollable.
BluesBear
J.B.Katz said:

A differing view from Turley's:

LOL.....if you believe this stuff then you are likely someone who stood in line to get your death jab...
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

I'm more interested in Pelosi's daughter's film that she made of that day. Interesting that she was there filming it and she had special access and this is the first we're hearing of it.

How much was Pelosi's daughter paid for her footage by CNN and by the J6 committee
I'm more interested in why Pelosi didn't have the Whitehouse properly secured. The National Guard would have been a good idea. They knew angry people would be there, they did a piss poor job of having enough security to stave off the crowd when mob mentality took over.
FLBear5630
Forest Bueller_bf said:

4th and Inches said:

I'm more interested in Pelosi's daughter's film that she made of that day. Interesting that she was there filming it and she had special access and this is the first we're hearing of it.

How much was Pelosi's daughter paid for her footage by CNN and by the J6 committee
I'm more interested in why Pelosi didn't have the Whitehouse properly secured. The National Guard would have been a good idea. They knew angry people would be there, they did a piss poor job of having enough security to stave off the crowd when mob mentality took over.
Bowser said no. She did not want a military presence in DC. At least what was said early on.
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

I am more interested in the guys storming the capitol to overturn an election
Waco1947
Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

I agree. Trump is being treated very un-American in the witch hunt to find some way to prosecute him for something. What the Dems are doing with the Jan 6th Commission and DOJ is right out of McCarthyism.

That said, Trump is political poison. He needs to have a PAC or a Lobby Group, but NOT run for public office. He is a disaster as an elected official. I like his policies, but his personality is too caustic to be able to Govern effectively.

I do believe the Dems made him this way, he was not like this in 2016 and seemed to honestly think he was going to be able to cut deals, thereby making DC work. But he went from a counter-puncher to Mike Tyson just uncontrollable.
Reality - People stormed the Capitol to bring down democracy
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.