J6 Committee Votes to Subpoena Trump

7,780 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

I'm more interested in Pelosi's daughter's film that she made of that day. Interesting that she was there filming it and she had special access and this is the first we're hearing of it.

How much was Pelosi's daughter paid for her footage by CNN and by the J6 committee
I am more interested in the guys storming the capitol to overturn an election
you dont find it curious at all that we had a film crew there but not extra security?

Weird..
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

I'm more interested in Pelosi's daughter's film that she made of that day. Interesting that she was there filming it and she had special access and this is the first we're hearing of it.

How much was Pelosi's daughter paid for her footage by CNN and by the J6 committee
you dont find it curious at all that we had a film crew there but not extra security?

Weird..
No I do not find it weird. I find it rather ordinary that official photographers are in the House like in the White House
Waco1947
ATL Bear
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Now for a dose of reality. Megan nails it. And the less you esteem Trump & Trumpers, the more compelling her points are.

At some point, the obvious wisdom of Trump/Desantis will start to settle in.
The Trump political clown show needs to die. On both sides. DeSantis isn't hitching his wagon to that.

Agreed

Trump is politically self destructive.

Not with his fanatically loyal base of course …..but with independents , women and younger voters .

DeSantis has seen how Trump treated Pence and cabinet members . No way in the world would he accept the same treatment.

Trump needs to disappear and make room for someone who can win in 2024 .
I agree. Trump is being treated very un-American in the witch hunt to find some way to prosecute him for something. What the Dems are doing with the Jan 6th Commission and DOJ is right out of McCarthyism.

That said, Trump is political poison. He needs to have a PAC or a Lobby Group, but NOT run for public office. He is a disaster as an elected official. I like his policies, but his personality is too caustic to be able to Govern effectively.

I do believe the Dems made him this way, he was not like this in 2016 and seemed to honestly think he was going to be able to cut deals, thereby making DC work. But he went from a counter-puncher to Mike Tyson just uncontrollable.
Reality - People stormed the Capitol to bring down democracy
Oh boy...
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Now for a dose of reality. Megan nails it. And the less you esteem Trump & Trumpers, the more compelling her points are.

The Trump political clown show needs to die. On both sides. DeSantis isn't hitching his wagon to that.

Agreed

Not with his fanatically loyal base of course …..but with independents , women and younger voters .

DeSantis has seen how Trump treated Pence and cabinet members . No way in the world would he accept the same treatment.

I agree. Trump is being treated very un-American in the witch hunt to find some way to prosecute him for something. What the Dems are doing with the Jan 6th Commission and DOJ is right out of McCarthyism.

That said, Trump is political poison. He needs to have a PAC or a Lobby Group, but NOT run for public office. He is a disaster as an elected official. I like his policies, but his personality is too caustic to be able to Govern effectively.

I do believe the Dems made him this way, he was not like this in 2016 and seemed to honestly think he was going to be able to cut deals, thereby making DC work. But he went from a counter-puncher to Mike Tyson just uncontrollable.
Oh boy...

What were the guys storming the Capitol trying to do?
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Really? It sure looked like they took selfies, left notes and ultimately left. Since there was no other infrastructure to support bringing down of Democracy and a coup, you think maybe it was to send a message about perceived injustices???
Doc Holliday
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Disrupt the certification of a single candidate's election because they believed it was fraudulently obtained. What exactly have you projected as the potential outcome of this? This is where reality has gotten incredibly warped. Aside from the fact you'd have to storm hundreds of capitals to actually bring down democracy, and it would require more than a storming, this type of angle sounds as nutty if not more so than the reasons behind the Capitol riots. Democracy was never in danger.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Weird..
No I do not find it weird. I find it rather ordinary that official photographers are in the House like in the White House
they are not the official photographers

They were a special film crew specific for the event who happen to be related to the speaker of the house(nepotism!)
Wrecks Quan Dough
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Are you assuming their gender?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

protesting- its a first amendment right.

The ones that broke the law need to ne fairly punished bit ultimately, it is our right to gather and protest at any govt building. Any limitation is infringing on our rights.

I am not advocating rioting/vandalism/ etc..
ATL Bear
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Weird..
they are not the official photographers

They were a special film crew specific for the event who happen to be related to the speaker of the house(nepotism!)
There's actually a plausible explanation. She was there to interview and grab sound bytes from the craziest of the crazies at the Trump rally to put together a video to be used as fodder for the left, or Vice, etc. "Gotcha media" that both sides like to do. Turns out, they obliged her more than she ever could have asked for.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Aside from the fact you'd have to storm hundreds of capitals to actually bring down democracy, and it would require more than a storming,
Not at all.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Aside from the fact you'd have to storm hundreds of capitals to actually bring down democracy, and it would require more than a storming,
Not at all.
Democracy is bigger than a single election not to mention the United States. Good grief you people are eaten up with irrational fear and perspective.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
To overthrow a Democracy? Jan 6th was enough???? Come on Sam. You are really reaching. It would not even of negated the Certification, even if they prevented from happening.

That is what is so silly about this. The thought that this 4 hour event would have undone our Government or held longer than a few hours is laughable. Even if they did get hostage's, you don't think the FBI hostage team or Delta could handle it? Anything more than what they did, was a death sentence for whoever was in that Chamber. Prosecute every one of them, as we are. No issues. They deserve it. But, overthrowing Our Democracy????
Wrecks Quan Dough
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
But, overthrowing Democracy????
No even worse. Overthrowing "Our Democracy."
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
Democracy is bigger than a single election not to mention the United States. Good grief you people are eaten up with irrational fear and perspective.
No, you're just making a rather odd leap. They were there to bring down a democracy, not democracy as a concept. I am amused, but not comforted, by the assurance that they only meant to overturn an election and impose martial law just this one time. I don't know how many times something like that has to happen before Republicans see it as a threat.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
No, you're just making a rather odd leap. They were there to bring down a democracy, not democracy as a concept. I am amused, but not comforted, by the assurance that they only meant to overturn an election and impose martial law just this one time. I don't know how many times something like that has to happen before Republicans see it as a threat.
Sam, please tell me how your fear would have played out? Because I am seeing a demonstration by people pissed after the Summer of Love riots finally wanting to have their voices heard getting out of control and crossing into breaking and entering/trespassing. I see absolutely no end game to get where you and Liz say they wanted to go.

ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
Threats have to be realistic, and not made up in the minds of idiots, both sides.

EDIT: And the Presidential elector certification is about as non-democratic of a democratic thing as you could find. Which makes this "overthrowing democracy" claim even more absurd.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Disrupt the certification of a single candidate's election because they believed it was fraudulently obtained. What exactly have you projected as the potential outcome of this? This is where reality has gotten incredibly warped. Aside from the fact you'd have to storm hundreds of capitals to actually bring down democracy, and it would require more than a storming, this type of angle sounds as nutty if not more so than the reasons behind the Capitol riots. Democracy was never in danger.
That isn't what the rioters thought they were doing. They thought if they delayed the certification past midnight the election would be sent back to the states where Trump could get weak minded state legislators to submit an alternate set of electors, IOW steal the election
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

That isn't what the rioters thought they were doing. They thought if they delayed the certification past midnight the election would be sent back to the states where Trump could get weak minded state legislators to submit an alternate set of electors, IOW steal the election
First, they don't believe it was stealing. They did not agree that Biden won.

Second, even if that happened. There were 7 votes that allowed Faithless Electors. You think they could have gotten that many in multiple States to flip or be replaced? The outcome would have been exactly what they would have in the Senate. Outcome is the same.

They were wrong and were rightly prosecuted. But, I still think that it is more of a demonstration than a serious attack on the election.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Question to the Parlimentarian:

Is it an attack on "Our Democracy" (tm-DNC) when people contact Electors and try to get them to vote for the candidate who did not carry the state?
Jacques Strap
https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/HHP_Oct2022_KeyResults.pdf

Harrison Bergeron
He Hate Me said:

Question to the Parlimentarian:

Is it an attack on "Our Democracy" (tm-DNC) when people contact Electors and try to get them to vote for the candidate who did not carry the state?
Like every issue, threat to democracy depends on who did it. It could either be saving democracy or a threat to democracy.
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Even if I followed your scenario, democracy wouldn't have been destroyed. We'd have gone to the rule of law and sorted it out. Or course there is this fantastical scenario of him instilling Marshall Law, cancelling the legislature and court system, and calling himself Emperor of the world. I think Sam is positing that. And maybe some posters here would have fallen in line for it.
Guy Noir
If the certification of the election process failed to complete, then Trump could declare that the election process failed and we would need a new election to be scheduled at a later date. Poof Trump would remain in power.
I believe a similar thing happened in Venezuela. The President then failed to schedule a new election in Venezuela.

The USA is vulnerable at this time of transfer of power.
Harrison Bergeron
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Even if I followed your scenario, democracy wouldn't have been destroyed. We'd have gone to the rule of law and sorted it out. Or course there is this fantastical scenario of him instilling Marshall Law, cancelling the legislature and court system, and calling himself Emperor of the world. I think Sam is positing that. And maybe some posters here would have fallen in line for it.
They said the same thing about George W. Bush in 2007 remember ... he was going to declare himself emperor and refuse to leave.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Guy Noir said:

If the certification of the election process failed to complete, then Trump could declare that the election process failed and we would need a new election to be scheduled at a later date. Poof Trump would remain in power.
I believe a similar thing happened in Venezuela. The President then failed to schedule a new election in Venezuela.

Problem is that the Constitution fixes the date of the Quadrennial Election.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.
Threats have to be realistic, and not made up in the minds of idiots, both sides.

EDIT: And the Presidential elector certification is about as non-democratic of a democratic thing as you could find. Which makes this "overthrowing democracy" claim even more absurd.
"Please consider today who had a hand in defeating President Trump's efforts to overturn the election, Vice President Pence, Bill Barr, Jeff Rosen, and others at the Department of Justice, State Republican officials, White House staff who blocked proposals to mobilize the military to seize voting machines and run new elections, our Capitol Police, aided by the Metropolitan Police, other federal law enforcement, and our National Guard, who arrived later in the afternoon.

"All of these people had a hand in stopping Donald Trump. This leads us to a key question. Why would Americans assume that our Constitution and our institutions and our republic are invulnerable to another attack? Why would we assume that those institutions will not falter next time? A key lesson of this investigation is this."

Liz Cheney
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.

"Please consider today who had a hand in defeating President Trump's efforts to overturn the election, Vice President Pence, Bill Barr, Jeff Rosen, and others at the Department of Justice, State Republican officials, White House staff who blocked proposals to mobilize the military to seize voting machines and run new elections, our Capitol Police, aided by the Metropolitan Police, other federal law enforcement, and our National Guard, who arrived later in the afternoon.

"All of these people had a hand in stopping Donald Trump. This leads us to a key question. Why would Americans assume that our Constitution and our institutions and our republic are invulnerable to another attack? Why would we assume that those institutions will not falter next time? A key lesson of this investigation is this."

Liz Cheney

You missed your calling, Kermit.
4th and Inches
Guy Noir said:

no, thats not how it works.. we have history to tell you what would happen and that isnt it
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.

Liz Cheney

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.

Liz Cheney

Ah, the GIF gambit
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Agreed

Oh boy...

Not at all.

Liz Cheney

Ah, the GIF gambit
Cobretti
4th and Inches

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.