OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD, 11-8-22

43,352 Views | 1063 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

This was prior to the Maricopa drop of 62k ballots
Assuming correct, if the Maricopa & Pima ballots are substantially "week of" drop offs and machine failure [the 16K] that is 510K-ish votes and obviously enough to only need a 60/40 split to get home on every "really in dispute" outstanding race.

Tracking remaining ballot "trends" versus prior elections is a joy given the new CDs.
4th and Inches
This was a CO update tweet but its been deleted.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

McLennan County:

2018: Abbott 65.59, Valdez 32.97

2022: Abbott 65.98, Beto 32.71

This despite the plethora of Beto signs (mostly in the yards of Wokey BU professors) in my neighborhood.

Valdez was a no-name and didn't appear on Kimmel, Colbert, Trevor Noah.

And Beto outspent Abbott in fundraising. How much of that was out of state - 90%?
Jack Bauer
Another flip in AZ

MT_Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Feminism power! Yay!!

Infanticide is already clearly defined as illegal here. This initiative is worded in such a vague way that it endangers throwing doctors in prison for 20 years if they allow grieving parents to get the final moments with an infant who was born with terminally fatal abnormalities, instead mandating that such infants be rushed to critical care and subjected to pointless medical procedures until said suffering infant eventually dies despite the resources thrown its way. No one in the medical community favors it, including (anecdote here) every single Republican doctor/ nurse/ etc. I know.

It's a referendum put up for political points/ showmanship, not because it's needed (again, infanticide clearly illegal). Montana is pretty red right across the board, has only been growing more red the past several years, and yet this measure is still failing.
Aliceinbubbleland
He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Arizona:

The early drop off ballots are done. The "week before" drop off ballots are close to done. The huge "last 3 days" drop off ballots [275K] and the safe space ballots [from the voting machine fiasco] both remain unreported. That is 275K plus 16K. Those will both skew heavily R. At this point Masters needs them at 2 to 1.
That is a really big ask.

Yea, he is back down by 95K. That is really hard to overcome.

Anybody know the location of LBJs ballot box?
Jack Bauer
House Seats - 2022 House Election Live Results - 270toWin

GOP - 210: (need 218 for majority), 13 net pickups
Dems - 189

36 races left to call
Jack Bauer
How many votes did they count in AZ today - like 20k???

and 650k left to count...that's embarrassing.
Jack Bauer
We are so sorry this happened - wink, wink.

FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

is this real? I'm sure it is and shouldn't be a surprise but FFS ...

That is the point Trump critics cannot allow their eyes to see. NO Republican has ever put together a bigger coalition, with more votes, than Donald J Trump. To replace him without a clear template in place for an even larger coalition is madness.

Now, DeSantis made the case yesterday that he might be able do that. But he has not yet explained how he can replicate his magic in PA, Mi, Wi, AZ, NV, NH, eieio…..

Not saying he can't or won't. Just saying he has a lot of work to do. Anointment is premature at this time.

Trump is looking desperate now with latest tweets. He runs the risk of losing GOP cover. Coalitionis not as strong as many thought. Rep Govs showed Trump is not needed to win.

Trump is a handicap….not a benefit .

Newsome would slaughter the old fat man in 2024 .
We are finding more and more we agree on! Stay away from Ukraine and we seem to agree on a lot.

I am with you, Trump is a millstone around the GOP neck in a General Election. There are still a lot of socially moderate, but fiscally conservative reasonable people in the US.

Many who believe Eisenhower's view that debt was a problem at 50% of GDP! He would take a flamethrower to Congress for letting debt go to plus 100%! True he believed that socially we should help people, but not at the expense of the future of the nation.

So, I agree. Trump needs to go away. We need professionals in Government and we need to get the spending problem under control. Balancing the budget would be a good first step. That said, I still do not believe Trump did anything to be prosecuted for on January 6th besides be a sore loser.
cowboycwr
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

McLennan County:

This despite the plethora of Beto signs (mostly in the yards of Wokey BU professors) in my neighborhood.
Early in election season I thought I saw a lot of Beto signs.... only to realize during one of our evening walks they were signs against him but his name was the largest thing on the sign so when I drove by I thought it was a sign FOR him when in reality they were against him.
Whiskey Pete
Election official said yesterday that 275,000 early ballots were dropped off on election day.

Doesn't sound very "early" to me. If someone is going to wait until election day to drop of a ballot, then why get an early ballot?
Jack Bauer
Rawhide said:

Election official said yesterday that 275,000 early ballots were dropped off on election day.

Doesn't sound very "early" to me. If someone is going to wait until election day to drop of a ballot, then why get an early ballot?
I would guess because
1) they don't want to wait in line to vote AND
2) they don't trust the mail or drop box to transport the vote
Wrecks Quan Dough
Mail in voting should be prohibited.
Redbrickbear
He Hate Me said:

Yea this is not a hard concept.

You have an election set at a certain calendar date. You have lots of days leading up to it to show up and vote in person.

You must be registered and you must have ID.

By Midnight all votes must be counted.

The fact we can't seem to do this in the USA is mindboggling.
Cobretti
whitetrash
cowboycwr said:

whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

McLennan County:

Early in election season I thought I saw a lot of Beto signs.... only to realize during one of our evening walks they were signs against him but his name was the largest thing on the sign so when I drove by I thought it was a sign FOR him when in reality they were against him.
Nope: these were all full Beto. And Erin Shank (ran for legislature, had yard signs and billboards all over town and daily ads in the WTH, lost 70-30 to Doc Anderson who advertised very little). Although I noticed on this morning's walk that all but 3 had taken up their signs. Then again, today was trash day in the neighborhood.
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear said:

He Hate Me said:

Yea this is not a hard concept.

You have an election set at a certain calendar date. You have lots of days leading up to it to show up and vote in person.

You must be registered and you must have ID.

By Midnight all votes must be counted.

The fact we can't seem to do this in the USA is mindboggling.

You haven't heard the "horror stories" of voters from Kamala???

"The mother with 3 kids in the back of the car that doesn't have time to sit in line for 3 hours"

"The senior citizen who cannot stand in line...."

etc, etc etc
Jack Bauer
Johnny Bear
Look - I get it that the dimcrats have to have time to calculate how many fake ballots need to "magically" show up at the last minute to barely drag their targeted candidates across the finish line, but geez, haven't they had plenty of time to do so in Arizona by now??
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer
How dare you question or have concerns about this! Democracy has been undermined or something....

FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

In Florida, we went through the "hanging chad" debacle. Upgrades came after the Supreme Court had to pick a winner. State said WILL NOT happen again.
Jack Bauer
MSM to the rescue!

Hillary Clinton declares GOP is ALREADY planning to steal the 2024 election.

Also, quit complaining and spreading fear about actual voter issues happening right now.

Post-election misinformation targets Arizona, Pennsylvania | AP News

Quote:

Maricopa County remained the epicenter of election misinformation Wednesday after problems with voter tabulation machines in that Arizona county spawned conspiracy theories about vote rigging. The claims spread despite explanations from local officials including ones from both parties and assurances that all votes would be counted.

It's understandable that people would go on social media to complain about long election lines or glitchy voting machines, said University of Washington professor Kate Starbird, a leading misinformation researcher.
"The problem is when their audiences pick that up with this assumed voter fraud implication," Starbird said. "It gets picked up and reframed as voter fraud as it spreads."
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jack Bauer said:

Hillary Clinton declares GOP is ALREADY planning to steal the 2024 election.

By causing CPI to be in the double digits and making sure we run out of diesel and baby formula?
Jack Bauer
I'm sure MSBSC, Buzzkill, Vox, CNN will have major stories on this election denialism.

Democracy literally hanging by a thread!!!!

Oldbear83
Redbrickbear said:

The Age of the Rorschach Election
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Jack Bauer said:

I'm sure MSBSC, Buzzkill, Vox, CNN will have major stories on this election denialism.

Democracy literally hanging by a thread!!!!

Sad thing is she is serious. She really believes it.

I mail in voted in Florida and have for 10 years. I went on line and signed up. Every primary season, I get an email and a letter asking to go on and make sure everything is OK. I not only am able to mail it in, I go on the website and it tells me when it was received and if it is valid. It really is not hard and very transparent. Florida is very easy to vote. Just register and not commit a violent crime. Not a high bar...
Jack Bauer
Pima County Recorder...no red flags here!!

Jack Bauer
AZ and NV can't count their votes and the MSM is FIXATED, INFATUATED with Lauren Bobert losing her seat.
No bias here.

Lauren Boebert Defeat Could Cost Republicans the House
BearFan33
Jack Bauer said:

Another activist in an important position and not even trying to hide it. Dems are very good at this.
BearFan33
Is Murkowski a goner? If I'm reading it correctly, there are 2 republicans running and the other one has a 2 % lead. It would be nice to get rid of that RINO.
Harrison Bergeron
BearFan33 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Another activist in an important position and not even trying to hide it. Dems are very good at this.
When you join a fundamentalist religion or cult, nothing matters more: not ethics, not the law, not polity or protocol. There of course are Republican elections officials, but I bet one would be hard pressed to find similar radicals working in key positions. (radical does not mean supports a managed border and opposes post-birth abortion)
LateSteak69
Jack Bauer said:

AZ and NV can't count their votes and the MSM is FIXATED, INFATUATED with Lauren Bobert losing her seat.
No bias here.

i am too, solely because she is a heinous butt plug that needs to go "hang" out with her husband.
BearFan33
LateSteak69 said:

Jack Bauer said:

No bias here.

i am too, solely because she is a heinous butt plug that needs to go "hang" out with her husband.
She is not going to date you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.