Trump vs Desantis

17,524 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It'll be interesting to see how this evolves in the months ahead.

Trump goes off on Desantis. He put all of this on his Truth Social too about an hour ago.

Oldbear83
boognish_bear said:

It'll be interesting to see how this evolves in the months ahead.

Trump goes off on Desantis. He put all of this on his Truth Social too about an hour ago.

Does Trump drink rotgut? Because that's the kind of rant I would expect from someone after a few belts of that stuff ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear
If DeSantis just ignores all of it and doesn't even respond it will drive Trump even more crazy probably
Canada2017
boognish_bear said:

If DeSantis just ignores all of it and doesn't even respond it will drive Trump even more crazy probably

Exactly .

If somehow DeSantis can keep his cool ….and let Trump babble on …..

DeSantis wins .
DancinBear09
It's the ramblings of a narcissistic, arrogant, pompous, dangerously delusional, self congratulatory ***** mad man. I think republicans are sick and tired of Trump and DeSantis would hand him his ass in a primary….and I am all for it.
BearN
Thread title could just as easily been Trump vs. Trump
BaylorJacket
Did Trump just casually admit to interfering in an election … ?
LateSteak69
BaylorJacket said:

Yes. He's dropped clues about that for several years but we sheep just ignore it . Hell, it's on tape!
Osodecentx
boognish_bear said:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Don is delusional
boognish_bear
midgett
boognish_bear said:

I think I need to start a website and start sending links to trick people to going to it. Then I'll use Trump's strategy for haranguing for free money.
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

And that's exactly what he should keep doing. It will make Trump look like the unhinged POS that he is.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

And that's exactly what he should keep doing. It will make Trump look like the unhinged POS that he is.

Exactly
Let's hope the fever breaks & Republicans snap out of it
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Exactly
Let's hope the fever breaks & Republicans snap out of it
Agreed.
Whiskey Pete
Trump keeps it up, DeSantis will be able to pull a democrat and campaign from his basement without doing any debates and win the primary bigly. Hell, if Ron does a photo-op of him eating an ice cream cone or falling down on a bicycle, he'll crush the competition.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
LateSteak69 said:

BaylorJacket said:

Yes. He's dropped clues about that for several years but we sheep just ignore it . Hell, it's on tape!
its not interference when you have 3rd party authorities watching to ensure proper proceedure is used.

Its interference when FBI hushes up the laptop story to i fluence election voting.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
boognish_bear said:

So they took a poll among Trump's family and employees ...
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Wangchung
Sitting here watching Trump give his speech reminds of just how much I loathe the national press. Watching Trump shout through a speech is a beat down, but unless I watch the entire speech for myself I only get parsed sentences sans context reported.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Wangchung said:

Sitting here watching Trump give his speech reminds of just how much I loathe the national press. Watching Trump shout through a speech is a beat down, but unless I watch the entire speech for myself I only get parsed sentences sans context reported.
Great speech by Trump. Unfortunately, I don't think his ego will allow him to remain Presidential. Once he starts attacking potential Republican rivals that have not even announced they are running, I am done with him. We shall see.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
Cobretti
Oldbear83
Cobretti said:

It occurs to me that 2024 will be driven by issues of Economy more than anything else, because there is 0 chance the Democrats - holding the White House and Senate - will have any interest in helping ordinary Americans.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti

"Well, you know, one of the things I've learned in this job is when you're doing, when you're leading, when you're getting things done, you take incoming fire, that's just the nature of it," DeSantis said. "I roll out of bed in the morning, I've got corporate media outlets that have a spasm, just the fact that I'm getting up in the morning, and it's constantly attacking, and this is just what's happened."

"I don't think any governor got attacked more particularly by corporate media than me over my four-year term," DeSantis continued. "And yet, I think what you learn is all that's just noise. And really what matters is: Are you leading? Are you getting in front of issues? Are you delivering results for people? And are you standing up for folks? And if you do that, then none of that stuff matters. And that's what we've done."

LIB,MR BEARS
Cobretti said:

"Well, you know, one of the things I've learned in this job is when you're doing, when you're leading, when you're getting things done, you take incoming fire, that's just the nature of it," DeSantis said. "I roll out of bed in the morning, I've got corporate media outlets that have a spasm, just the fact that I'm getting up in the morning, and it's constantly attacking, and this is just what's happened."

"I don't think any governor got attacked more particularly by corporate media than me over my four-year term," DeSantis continued. "And yet, I think what you learn is all that's just noise. And really what matters is: Are you leading? Are you getting in front of issues? Are you delivering results for people? And are you standing up for folks? And if you do that, then none of that stuff matters. And that's what we've done."

We'll (edit: well) said. He spoke the truth, called out the media and gave Trump zero mentions. This seems like a great game plan
EatMoreSalmon
Maybe Trump will goad Desantis into running in 2024.
boognish_bear
I guess Fox has turned the page

Cobretti
LIB,MR BEARS
Cobretti said:

another opportunity to mention Trump and he didn't even give it a nibble. I think we are seeing the game plan.
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Cobretti said:

another opportunity to mention Trump and he didn't even give it a nibble. I think we are seeing the game plan.
That's the smart plan.

Democrats want to make noise about Trump, because they want the 2024 Election to be about Trump, not Biden.

Trump wants to make noise about Trump, because that's what he does on days ending in "ay".

Voters like new, exciting leaders. Trump is no longer the first and may be fading in the second respect.

That said, DeSantis has not yet made any move in a campaign. He's going to work with people who can determine his strength as a candidate before he makes any statement about running for the White House.

And there are others making choices in the future, whose part in all this remains to play out.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.