Child vaccine rates for polio, measles, and diptheria are on the decline

2,511 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FLBear5630
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Will be interesting to see if that percentage corresponds to a drop in the number of kids diagnosed with autism, ADD, ADHD, allergies, etc...

You know that has been studied pretty thoroughly. Or do we not believe studies anymore? Funny, there does not seem to be an acceptable answer anymore on anything. You show a study, it is disregarded for some quack YouTube conspiracy nut. Or someone who knows a kid with Autism. Have a friend that has a slightly autistic child and blames Vax back in 90's. No proof, other kids same batch no problem. Guess it is emotionally easier to blame a shot than genetics.

Well, the autism rates may be hard to document, but the rise in these diseases and other that used to under control is pretty straight forward.
Yep.
Vaccine Sam approves of the glib response.

Why are you afraid of getting your kids vaxxed, Sam?
I'm not.
So you lied when you said you didn't want your kids boosted because of concerns over myocarditis?
No, I've just never made a point of taking as many vaccines as possible just for the sake of taking vaccines. When the first vaccine came out, the evidence showed that the risk of heart damage to children from the disease was worse than the risk from the vaccine. That appears not to be the case with the new vaccine and the now dominant strain of the virus. It may well change as newer variants and newer vaccines develop. I'll continue to make decisions based on evidence and sound medical advice rather than emotion and superstition.
Ah, so those of us who chose not to get their kids vaxxed for COVID-19 were making our decisions on emotion and superstition, while yours was made on evidence and sound medical advice. Uh huh.

Get back to me when your kid has permanent brain damage after contracting encephalitis following his MMR vaccine. But I guess it wasn't sound advice when our doctors told us not to have him take any more vaccines?

Such an arrogant and elitist POS.
I can't speak to everyone who chose not to get their kids vaxxed. I can safely say most of the arguments in this forum are highly emotional.

I am sorry about what happened to your child. You're entitled to your opinion, but there is next to no evidence it was caused by the MMR vaccine.
That was in fact the medical diagnosis by the doctors at Baylor University Medical Center, dbag. But I guess you know more than them?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what you think. You have a high opinion of yourself.
I won't speculate on their diagnosis without having seen it. What I do know is that such reactions, if they exist, are so rare as to be indistinguishable from background noise--except for one thing. One study did find a tendency for encephalitis cases to cluster around two weeks after vaccination. If that had happened in your case, I'd suspect it might be one of those incredibly rare cases where the vaccine was potentially involved. The fact that you described it as happening within 24 hours puts it outside that pattern and actually makes the connection less likely.

All that said, it would be very difficult for me as a parent to choose that vaccine for my kids after such an event. That's an emotional reaction I completely understand. I take exception, not with your personal decision as a parent, but with the constant stream of misinformation you seem compelled to produce in order to defend your decisions and promote them to others. The trend reported in the OP is just one sad result.
I know it's popular nowdays to call information you disagree with misinformation. I have spread none regarding vaccines.

Being a part of this world, I can tell you I've met dozens of parents with stories similar or worse to my own. One need look no further than the statistical rise in the conditions I referenced since 1986 to see the correlation. It's there, despite the pharmaceutical companies' best efforts to shield it from you. There is a reason that vaccine courts have paid out over $4 billion to people injured by their vaccines.

I am not anti-vaccine in the least. I am anti-vaccine for all people, such as my son. His little body was simply unable to handle the overload. And there's no reason whatsoever for the number of vaccines we are giving our children. It's become a very profitable endeavor for Big Pharma. But medically, it's totally unnecessary.

It would be best to not cast stones when you are keeping your kids from getting a vaccine due to safety concerns.
This is just another example of what I'm talking about. Anyone who's spent a day in a statistics class knows that you do indeed need to look further. The correlation alone proves nothing.
Get back to me once you have done so and explain the correlation.
To my knowledge there have been about a dozen reputable studies that looked for a causal link with vaccines, and none of them found one. That's the only explanation that should be needed.
No, there haven't. And that still doesn't explain the rise in autism etc. that directly corresponds to the rise in vaccines from 1986 forward.
So you're not even aware of the research. That says a lot.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Will be interesting to see if that percentage corresponds to a drop in the number of kids diagnosed with autism, ADD, ADHD, allergies, etc...

You know that has been studied pretty thoroughly. Or do we not believe studies anymore? Funny, there does not seem to be an acceptable answer anymore on anything. You show a study, it is disregarded for some quack YouTube conspiracy nut. Or someone who knows a kid with Autism. Have a friend that has a slightly autistic child and blames Vax back in 90's. No proof, other kids same batch no problem. Guess it is emotionally easier to blame a shot than genetics.

Well, the autism rates may be hard to document, but the rise in these diseases and other that used to under control is pretty straight forward.
Yep.

I'm not.
So you lied when you said you didn't want your kids boosted because of concerns over myocarditis?
No, I've just never made a point of taking as many vaccines as possible just for the sake of taking vaccines. When the first vaccine came out, the evidence showed that the risk of heart damage to children from the disease was worse than the risk from the vaccine. That appears not to be the case with the new vaccine and the now dominant strain of the virus. It may well change as newer variants and newer vaccines develop. I'll continue to make decisions based on evidence and sound medical advice rather than emotion and superstition.
Ah, so those of us who chose not to get their kids vaxxed for COVID-19 were making our decisions on emotion and superstition, while yours was made on evidence and sound medical advice. Uh huh.

Get back to me when your kid has permanent brain damage after contracting encephalitis following his MMR vaccine. But I guess it wasn't sound advice when our doctors told us not to have him take any more vaccines?

I can't speak to everyone who chose not to get their kids vaxxed. I can safely say most of the arguments in this forum are highly emotional.

I am sorry about what happened to your child. You're entitled to your opinion, but there is next to no evidence it was caused by the MMR vaccine.
That was in fact the medical diagnosis by the doctors at Baylor University Medical Center, dbag. But I guess you know more than them?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what you think. You have a high opinion of yourself.
I won't speculate on their diagnosis without having seen it. What I do know is that such reactions, if they exist, are so rare as to be indistinguishable from background noise--except for one thing. One study did find a tendency for encephalitis cases to cluster around two weeks after vaccination. If that had happened in your case, I'd suspect it might be one of those incredibly rare cases where the vaccine was potentially involved. The fact that you described it as happening within 24 hours puts it outside that pattern and actually makes the connection less likely.

All that said, it would be very difficult for me as a parent to choose that vaccine for my kids after such an event. That's an emotional reaction I completely understand. I take exception, not with your personal decision as a parent, but with the constant stream of misinformation you seem compelled to produce in order to defend your decisions and promote them to others. The trend reported in the OP is just one sad result.
I know it's popular nowdays to call information you disagree with misinformation. I have spread none regarding vaccines.

Being a part of this world, I can tell you I've met dozens of parents with stories similar or worse to my own. One need look no further than the statistical rise in the conditions I referenced since 1986 to see the correlation. It's there, despite the pharmaceutical companies' best efforts to shield it from you. There is a reason that vaccine courts have paid out over $4 billion to people injured by their vaccines.

I am not anti-vaccine in the least. I am anti-vaccine for all people, such as my son. His little body was simply unable to handle the overload. And there's no reason whatsoever for the number of vaccines we are giving our children. It's become a very profitable endeavor for Big Pharma. But medically, it's totally unnecessary.

It would be best to not cast stones when you are keeping your kids from getting a vaccine due to safety concerns.
This is just another example of what I'm talking about. Anyone who's spent a day in a statistics class knows that you do indeed need to look further. The correlation alone proves nothing.
To my knowledge there have been about a dozen reputable studies that looked for a causal link with vaccines, and none of them found one. That's the only explanation that should be needed.
No, there haven't. And that still doesn't explain the rise in autism etc. that directly corresponds to the rise in vaccines from 1986 forward.
Very much aware of the "research," and the problems with it. It's no surprise you are not.

Let's take the MMR vaccine - the one that injured my son - for example: can you tell me what the time frame was for testing the "long term" side effects of the MMR vaccine? I will make this easy for you. Was it: 1) 4 years; 2) 1 year; 3) 6 months; 4) 3 months; or 5) 42 days?

Remember, these are the studies that look at long term side effects, and find no definitive proof of a link to autism.

Good luck!
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep.

I'm not.

Very much aware of the "research," and the problems with it. It's no surprise you are not.

Let's take the MMR vaccine - the one that injured my son - for example: can you tell me what the time frame was for testing the "long term" side effects of the MMR vaccine? I will make this easy for you. Was it: 1) 4 years; 2) 1 year; 3) 6 months; 4) 3 months; or 5) 42 days?

Remember, these are the studies that look at long term side effects, and find no definitive proof of a link to autism.

Good luck!
So there have been studies, and they did fail to find a link, but you don't agree with them because if they'd only gone a little longer they would surely have confirmed your bias. That's a little more honest of you…thanks.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep.

I'm not.

Good luck!
So there have been studies, and they did fail to find a link, but you don't agree with them because if they'd only gone a little longer they would surely have confirmed your bias. That's a little more honest of you…thanks.
I never said there aren't "studies" looking at links between vaccines and autism. I took issue with your claim that any of those studies were actually "reputable." They aren't. Anyone who has studied or had experience diagnosing autism knows a 42-day look back period is an absolute joke, given that symptoms often take months (and sometimes years) to manifest. That is why your average autism diagnosis takes longer than a year.

I guess I should have expected you to move the goalposts instead of honestly answering my question. Classic Sam Lowry.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep.

I'm not.

Good luck!
So there have been studies, and they did fail to find a link, but you don't agree with them because if they'd only gone a little longer they would surely have confirmed your bias. That's a little more honest of you%85thanks.
I never said there aren't "studies" looking at links between vaccines and autism. I took issue with your claim that any of those studies were actually "reputable." They aren't. Anyone who has studied or had experience diagnosing autism knows a 42-day look back period is an absolute joke, given that symptoms often take months (and sometimes years) to manifest. That is why your average autism diagnosis takes longer than a year.

I guess I should have expected you to move the goalposts instead of honestly answering my question. Classic Sam Lowry.
Well, the DeStefano study covered up to about 10 years. Taylor was about 20 years. Farrington, 2-5 years. Fombonne, 10+ years. Madsen, 10 years. Makela, 20 years. Takahashi, 10+ years. Dales, up to 20+ years. Geier, up to 20+ years. Kaye, 20+ years.

And so on…
Mothra
You are referring to observational studies that each had numerous issues, not clinical trials, which are far more accurate, and the only true way to know whether there is a link between the two.

And in that regard, the longest any clinical trial has looked back for long term side effects, such as autism, is a whopping...

42 days.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

You are referring to observational studies that each had numerous issues, not clinical trials, which are far more accurate, and the only true way to know whether there is a link between the two.

And in that regard, the longest any clinical trial has looked back for long term side effects, such as autism, is a whopping...

42 days.
LOL. Why don't you tell us about Wakefield.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

42 days.
Of course you would downplay the fact no clinical trial looked beyond 42 days. You're glib.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

42 days.
Of course you would downplay the fact no clinical trial looked beyond 42 days. You're glib.
You don't want to talk about the fraudulent study that started this whole urban legend and was then retracted?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

. Or someone who knows a kid with Autism. Have a friend that has a slightly autistic child and blames Vax back in 90's. No proof, other kids same batch no problem. Guess it is emotionally easier to blame a shot than genetics.

You said a mouthful there sir. It is probably easier to blame a shot than genetics. Another reason is there is big money in lawsuits against the well heeled vaccine makers. For a long time these were dismissed but if you swing at a target often enough you may hit. There has been a case where a family was awarded millions for their autistic daughter. Its never been proven that the vax she took (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae) caused the autism. But if you swing at the pinata often enough you might hit it. Now there are thousands of parents waiting in line for their attempt.

One reason, and probably the most logical, that autism has increased is because the definition gets broader and broader. The DSMI or 2 described autism as childhood schizophrenia and the result of cold parenting.. Over the years through DSM3,4 and now 5 the definition has evolved. I am old enough to have grown up with several kids that we all knew were different. One guy was crazy about lizards. He drew them read about them and tried to tell us about them. He had a few friends and eventually he learned to fit in. We all knew he was different. Nowadays he would be classified as autistic.
Mothra
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

. Or someone who knows a kid with Autism. Have a friend that has a slightly autistic child and blames Vax back in 90's. No proof, other kids same batch no problem. Guess it is emotionally easier to blame a shot than genetics.

You said a mouthful there sir. It is probably easier to blame a shot than genetics. Another reason is there is big money in lawsuits against the well heeled vaccine makers. For a long time these were dismissed but if you swing at a target often enough you may hit. There has been a case where a family was awarded millions for their autistic daughter. Its never been proven that the vax she took (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae) caused the autism. But if you swing at the pinata often enough you might hit it. Now there are thousands of parents waiting in line for their attempt.

One reason, and probably the most logical, that autism has increased is because the definition gets broader and broader. The DSMI or 2 described autism as childhood schizophrenia and the result of cold parenting.. Over the years through DSM3,4 and now 5 the definition has evolved. I am old enough to have grown up with several kids that we all knew were different. One guy was crazy about lizards. He drew them read about them and tried to tell us about them. He had a few friends and eventually he learned to fit in. We all knew he was different. Nowadays he would be classified as autistic.
So much stupid in this take, it's hard to know where to begin.

There is hardly any money in allegations of vaccine injuries, especially allegations based on autism. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 makes it damn near impossible. Vaccine companies have almost blanket immunity and their own courts, which have heightened burdens of proof and shortened time frames to file suit. The idea that parents are blaming vaccines because of greed is not only incredibly insulting to the families of these poor children, but also completely absurd. I have yet to meet a parent of an autistic child that has won a suit in federal vaccine court (and I have meet hundreds).

If you had done any research, you would have known that the CDC has not pinpointed any specific cause of autism, other than claiming it may be due to genetics, biology, and environmental factors. However, the idea that the exponential rise in the number of autistic kids is due to better diagnoses or broadening diagnoses has already been disproven. While it may account for some of the rise, there have been several studies that have proven this alone simply cannot account for the exponential increase in diagnoses. What is interesting is that the meteoric rise began in 1986 - the same year that vaccine makers got immunity from suit (and the number of vaccines given to kids started to increase exponentially).
FLBear5630

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I have backed out of this conversation. There is nothing good that can come of it when someone's child is involved, too personal to discuss.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-to-receive-15m-plus-in-first-ever-vaccine-autism-court-award/

The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone.

In addition to the first year, the family will receive more than $500,000 per year to pay for Hannah's care. Those familiar with the case believe the compensation could easily amount to $20 million over the child's lifetime.

Reality

So now thats cleared up do you deny the definition of autism has changed as documented by the various editions of the DSM I thru V ? The definition has grown to include a wide range. Of course the wider the definition the larger the number if identified autism cases. It accounts for at least some of the rise. No one knows if it accounts for all the increase. No one has proven its the vaccine.

I have stated facts.

whiterock

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

One reason, and probably the most logical, that autism has increased is because the definition gets broader and broader.
no question that is a factor. Nobody studied it 200 years ago. Peace and public funding for higher education has allowed academics to devote entire careers fleshing out the parameters. People who a hundred years ago were just "weird" are now plottable on a spectrum.

Have a nephew who is very high spectrum Aspergers. Could live alone, but would be taken advantage of, so lives at home with his mom. Fully employed at a food distribution warehouse, drives himself to work, etc..... Frequent "employee of the month," never late, always early, near zero-error work. He'll never manage, but show him what to do and he'd grind away like a machine. In an earlier day, he'd just be "the odd guy, a little slow, not quite right but OK if we take care of him."

He's an import. Adopted as an infant from Central America. Who knows if it was vaccines or just the circumstances of his birth, but we've always assumed the latter was a higher probability. All I know is, he hit the jackpot when my sister showed up.

Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I have backed out of this conversation.
I think Mothra has wisely done the same.
Mothra

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-to-receive-15m-plus-in-first-ever-vaccine-autism-court-award/

The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone.

In addition to the first year, the family will receive more than $500,000 per year to pay for Hannah's care. Those familiar with the case believe the compensation could easily amount to $20 million over the child's lifetime.

Reality

So now thats cleared up do you deny the definition of autism has changed as documented by the various editions of the DSM I thru V ? The definition has grown to include a wide range. Of course the wider the definition the larger the number if identified autism cases. It accounts for at least some of the rise. No one knows if it accounts for all the increase. No one has proven its the vaccine.

I have stated facts.

Just so I am clear, is it your position that because you were able to use google and find one plaintiff who 12 years ago obtained a multimillion dollar award for a vaccine injury that she alleged caused autism, that means there is big money for plaintiffs and plaintiffs attorneys in lawsuits against well-funded pharmaceutical companies? You think this one outlier of a case somehow "clears that up"?

LOL. Oh man, you are a trip.

If you had actually read or attempted to comprehend my previous post, you would have seen that I said such cases are very rare and hard to prove, but not that they had never occurred. Yes, there are a handful of well-known cases since 1986 in which the pharmaceutical company compensated a plaintiff who alleged a vaccine injury that caused autism. When I say handful, I mean less than 5. I recall another boy who settled for around a million dollars from a vaccine maker by claiming his MMR vaccine caused his autism about 10 years ago or so. 2/3's of the cases filed in vaccine court get dismissed, and of those that don't, only a small handful claim the vaccine caused autism. And of those, there have been less than 5 known settlements.

But yes, there's big money in suing vaccine makers for causing autism. LOL.

As for your questions, again, if you had actually read or attempted to comprehend my previous post, I said that while the diagnosis had broadened, several studies have shown that simply cannot account for the exponential increase in autism diagnoses. As I said, it's curious, however, that the exponential increase has also coincided with 1986, when vaccine makers got their immunity and vaccine making became a very profitable business.

Hopefully you try to read and comprehend my comments this time so I don't have to repeat myself a third time.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Vaccine Sam, good to see you! How are the kids? Still afraid of that scary COVID booster?
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I just don't think that when it is personal, especially involving kids, anything good can come out of it. You will never convince and more than likely it will turn nasty. When it is like that, best to quietly go own way. We are not talking superficial stuff like the Football Cabal spouts, this is serious stuff.
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I just don't think that when it is personal, especially involving kids, anything good can come out of it. You will never convince and more than likely it will turn nasty. When it is like that, best to quietly go own way. We are not talking superficial stuff like the Football Cabal spouts, this is serious stuff.
I've spent 10+ years raising a brain-damaged child, so I have a pretty good idea what it's like. I respect anyone who does it successfully. I just don't think it makes them an expert on vaccines.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I've spent 10+ years raising a brain-damaged child, so I have a pretty good idea what it's like. I respect anyone who does it successfully. I just don't think it makes them an expert on vaccines.
I have never suggested I am an expert, nor have I said I have definitively concluded vaccines can cause autism. I have simply questioned the narrative that vaccines don't cause injuries, including autism. I have a 17 year old son that is proof they do indeed injure. He will live with mom and dad the rest of his life because of a vaccine injury, and will have to be cared for by a trust and his brothers, once nothing is left from that, after my wife and I are gone.

And I also know too many families who have the same story - a child that was developing normally before vaccines, only to lose the ability to speak and/or function normally within days, or sometimes hours of receiving his or her vaccines. I have met dozens of families with this same story in the circles we have run in the last 15 years. In short, I leave open my mind to the possibility, given the circumstantial evidence, and have not closed it as you have.

I am sorry to hear about your child. Hopefully, your circumstances are better than my own.

FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I am over my head on this one, guys. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you guys. My wife is a RN for 35 years, worked at Scott & White in Temple for several years and has influenced my views. But, the kid stuff is tough. No Mas! : )
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.