Health Care Goes Clown World

776 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ATL Bear
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bought something online at the country's largest health care company. I had to enter personal information. Not kidding, one question was "Sex Assigned at Birth."

I officially am cheering for the terrorists. We're done as a culture and country. The idiots won. Bring on the petulance and apocalypse.
4th and Inches
Harrison Bergeron said:

I bought something online at the country's largest health care company. I had to enter personal information. Not kidding, one question was "Sex Assigned at Birth."

I officially am cheering for the terrorists. We're done as a culture and country. The idiots won. Bring on the petulance and apocalypse.
one of the healthcare offices I consulted with recently has the question of gender and a seperate born as question in the patient demographics program. It has been that way for at least 5 years.

Important to know when treating people.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mitch Blood Green
Harrison Bergeron said:

Isn' that important? I might feel like a man inside. I might present myself as a man and yet, when I walk into the doctors office at 48, I could be going through menopause or have ovarian cancer.

Failure to get out front of that is malpractice.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

I officially am cheering for the terrorists.
This is news?
Porteroso
It seems a more pertinent question than "how do you feel about your gender at the time you fill this out" if they are supposed to give health care. It's the same basic question as always, just much more specific.
Harrison Bergeron
Sex is not assigned at birth. It is a present reality. No need to add "assigned at birth" other than to placate to idiocracy.
muddybrazos
I own part of a medical practice and our patient EMR also has the choices of Sex at birth and a field for gender identity. We dont use the gender identity bc we dont operate in clown world.
Johnny Bear
I recall filling out a job application with a national accounting firm maybe 3 years ago and was struck by a question on the form that asked "What gender do you identify as?" instead of "What is your gender?" - which is what it is whether you are sane and know that or whether you are mentally and think you can be or become a different gender other than what you were born as. Why we sanction, abide, condone, and encourage certain selected forms of insanity is beyond me in addition to being disgusting.
ATL Bear
It's got nothing to do with science, but conforming to HHS ACA Section 1557 Regs on gender discrimination. Have to be deferential to make sure you get paid. Definitely clown world.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.